Early line for Missouri game

armed1

Missouri's defense is not that good. They're offense is awesome, but their defense gave up 42 to Illinois, 17 to Nevada and 21 to Buffalo. We can't put up more points than Buffalo? If Nebraska's offense can click and keep the crowd in it....this could very well be a shootout.

I'm not predicting a win, but remember three things:

1. This team isn't likely to give up. A 50 point loss is for a Callahan team.
  2. Buffalo put up 21 in Columbia. We can't do better at home?
  3. Missouri is playing good football, but they're not an NFL dynasty. Look at all the upsets around the league. It's anybody's week right now.

Being blind to an opponent's abilities is one thing, but a lot of you guys are cashing in the chips like a Cosgrove defense. We haven't lost yet.

We aren't talentless, we've been playing poorly. There's a difference.

We applaud the players for not giving up, but then give up on them before the game even starts? What if the players went on the field with the mentality of some of you 'fans'? Get your tails from between your legs and pretend like there's something to play for. This loser-chatter is more pathetic than anything I've seen on the field this year. Seriously.

For those of you who are certain we're going to get blown out....please stay out of the stands! We don't need that mentality 'supporting' our team on Saturday. It's contagious.

This is the type of attitude that quietly sulks in the crowd when our guys need us into it the most. For those of you who always think your team has a shot....have another sip of the kool-aid and support them.

:boxosoap

talent isn't the number of stars a players is rated or how you dominate a creampuff (or don't).

talent isn't how good you look in your uniform or how much smack you can talk.

talent isn't how much you are hyped by the fans.

talent isn't how good you play in practice against the number twos.

talent is exhibited through performance. On the field-- against a worthy opponent.

IMO-- NU isn't talentless, most teams aren't, but how talented....

the jury is out on the talent issue.

BEAT MIZZOU!!

In all honesty, this Mizzou fan hopes Pinkel does not run it up. I do not think he will either.

What are you basing this on? Perhaps the NU game last year when he faked a FG late in the 3rd quarter up by 3 touchdowns? Or perhaps the game from earlier this year when he faked a FG late in the second half, once again up by (at least) 3 possessions (can't remember details, just remember Pinkel getting grilled in a press conference)?

Just a rhetorical question, but how many snaps have Gabbert and the other backup taken this year, considering the fact that Mizzou has won 50% of its games by halftime?

Pinkel runs it up when he has the chance. I don't mind that in principle. But when you are doing it with your entire first string in during the 4th quarter, I think it's sleazy. I wish my team could stop it. But alas, I expect a serious drubbing and lots and lots of chest pounding by you and your toothless redneck brethren on Saturday.

At least Osborne used to grind you into pulp with his 3rd stringers.

3. Missouri is playing good football, but they're not an NFL dynasty. Look at all the upsets around the league. It's anybody's week right now.

Mizzou is going to have to turn it over 3 times for us to be similarly successful.

Mizzou is going to have to turn it over 3 times for us to be similarly successful.

Says who?

Buffalo was only +1 in turnovers in that game. They gave it up twice.

Missouri's defense is not that good. They're offense is awesome, but their defense gave up 42 to Illinois, 17 to Nevada and 21 to Buffalo. We can't put up more points than Buffalo? If Nebraska's offense can click and keep the crowd in it....this could very well be a shootout.

Being blind to an opponent's abilities is one thing, but a lot of you guys are cashing in the chips like a Cosgrove defense. We haven't lost yet.

We applaud the players for not giving up, but then give up on them before the game even starts? What if the players went on the field with the mentality of some of you 'fans'? Get your tails from between your legs and pretend like there's something to play for. This loser-chatter is more pathetic than anything I've seen on the field this year. Seriously.

For those of you who are certain we're going to get blown out....please stay out of the stands! We don't need that mentality 'supporting' our team on Saturday. It's contagious.

This is the type of attitude that quietly sulks in the crowd when our guys need us into it the most. For those of you who always think your team has a shot....have another sip of the kool-aid and support them.

:boxosoap

Nice post. I wonder if the bye week hurt more than helped. Granted the last team we played was NMST, but motivation from a previous win is better than none at all.

Says who?

Buffalo was only +1 in turnovers in that game. They gave it up twice.

I'm just saying that game was only close because of mistakes that Missouri made. Maybe our offense can manage to score some points. I don't know. I just hope they are points that matter, and not garbage points like the USC game last year.

In all honesty, this Mizzou fan hopes Pinkel does not run it up. I do not think he will either.

What are you basing this on? Perhaps the NU game last year when he faked a FG late in the 3rd quarter up by 3 touchdowns? Or perhaps the game from earlier this year when he faked a FG late in the second half, once again up by (at least) 3 possessions (can't remember details, just remember Pinkel getting grilled in a press conference)?

Just a rhetorical question, but how many snaps have Gabbert and the other backup taken this year, considering the fact that Mizzou has won 50% of its games by halftime?

Pinkel runs it up when he has the chance. I don't mind that in principle. But when you are doing it with your entire first string in during the 4th quarter, I think it's sleazy. I wish my team could stop it. But alas, I expect a serious drubbing and lots and lots of chest pounding by you and your toothless redneck brethren on Saturday.

At least Osborne used to grind you into pulp with his 3rd stringers.

Why a thetorical question? Patton and Gabbert have played alot this year. In 4 games, Daniel has played 12 quarters. He sat out the entire 2nd half of the SEMO game part of the third quarter and the entire fourth quarter of the Nevada game and almost the entire 4th quarter of the Buffalo game. I don't think pinkel will run up the score. The fake FG last year was definately unneccasry, but other than that he really called the hounds off in the 4th quarter, if not we could have scored at least 14 more last year.

I think this will be a better game than most think becuase I have a feeling Missouri will have some costly turnovers. I think the Missouri defense isn't great, but they're underrated. They gave up alot of points against Illinois, but against Nevada and Buffalo they gave up 17 and 14 poitns respectively. You have to take into account that teams get many more plays off against Missouri than against other teams.