Am I alone here

One more time. I know you can’t win every game and I have said that from the get go. I don’t expect to be playing for Championships this year. That is not my problem.

My beef is with the “as long as we play hard” or “6-6 is alright with me” or losing games we should have won. Maybe I’m alone in thinking that game on Saturday shouldn’t have been a loss, right now Va Tech is an average team maybe by the end of the year they will be good but from what I saw on Saturday they are average. Like I said maybe from the beatings we have taken since November 2001 people have just grown immune to losing and have come to accept it and in some cases expect it. :dunno

I never said anyone wasn’t a fan because of these things, I just was pointing out the fact that I find this way of thinking odd for the Husker Nation. That is it.

For the one dude that doesn’t write in complete sentences, :wtf I know losing is part of life and you are supposed to learn from it. However that doesn’t mean I have to like it and accept it. Crap I cheat at cards against my kids sometimes so I don’t have to lose. Also there are plenty of things that are PART OF LIFE that you don’t have to like and be ok with: high taxes, war, divorce, murder, lighter fluid being mixed in Chicken McNuggets batter, adultery, being at work more then at home, high gas prices, $700 billion bailouts, $4 for a Runza inside the Staduim, Crappy Presidential Candidates, sickness, ACLU, drug abuse, child predators, Wal-Mart, freedom of speech being a joke, Colorado fans, Hurricanes, half the Big 12 being ranked and we aren’t one of them, 2 highest paid state employees in Nebraska last year were both people that got fired, The Office not being on tonight because of the V.P. debate, Bill Maher, Paris Hilton, Hollywood trash raising children, compromised values, binge drinking, Douglas County being the National Capital for STDs amongst teenagers, and finally Oprah being treated like God. :bang I do like a good Runza though.

I really need to work on getting my point across the first time because I think I’m just spinning around in circles now. :madash

skerfan, now that I know you are an ex-marine I'm sorry about anything that I may have said that was out of line. You could hurt me with your pinky. :thumbs

All of us have contradictions on these threads.

Most on here wanted BC to win, to be here forever. That is what you are supposed to do for your coach as a fan. Negativety normally means trouble.

I supported Frank to the day he left, like Callahan, and I did not support Pelini in the beginning, because of some of things he did in the recruiting department after he left. Did not feel he was mature enough for the responsiblity. I still feel that somewhat, but feel he is doing a great job and the kids love him. We all need to grow up a little and he is making those strides. A small blip on the radar last week, but he showed the kids he had their backs, may be a very good thing down the road.

I lost a lot of faith in Callahan when he brought Keller in. He was not a fit for the program, had a history that would not have been accetped by our current coach, and caused a lot of strife within the program. But I still tried to support him. I wanted Coz gone like everyone else, and truly felt BC could get us there offensively. Personally I like the guy, but as most on here have stated he was not a fit, I wonder if he would have been better without Pederson choosing him? He might have gotten a little better acceptance to start. He was in hole instantly from all of us Frank supporters.

New,

You have nothing to worry about, I am old, recovering from a heart attack. Getting over weight and have mellowed a lot since my youth.

Just a realistic old geezer, that used to chug a lot of kool aid. Quit drinking it after losing two games to SC that caused (losing bets) me to dress like Tommy Trojan for two whole days at the main office. I might remind you that Tommy basiclly wears a dress. Those drove me to not drinking :madash This year I vowed I would not get caught up in it. Staying the course so far.

And to sum up the topic:

Dear Lord, the battles we go through life,

We ask for a chance that's fair

A chance to equal our stride,

A chance to do or dare

If we should win, let it be by the code,

Faith and Honor held high

If we should lose, we'll stand by the road,

And cheer as the winners go by

Day by Day, we get better and better!

Til' we can't be beat...WON'T BE BEAT!

Come on ...this isn't some big faceless Nebraska conglomerate or corporation. These are KIDS. Sure, they represent the University of Nebraska...but they're still KIDS.

Kids lose sometimes...that's life....and putting a lot of undeserved pressure on them doesn't make winning any easier.

Have some patience and let them learn how to win.

Good way to put it, "..let them learn how to win."

Our kids have been taught how to lose by the previous regime, not intentionally of course,

just by virtue of strange coaching and even stranger recruiting practices (for Nebraska).

First off just let me say that I know this is a “rebuilding” process and I know we aren’t going to win every game.

That being said am I the only one that is sick of the defeatist mentality that is floating around the Nation this year? I know we are fighting an up hill battle and I know we have taken our lumps since November of 2001, but come on. WE ARE NEBRASKA. When did losing become alright? When did losing become expected? When did it become acceptable to predict a loss by your favorite team? When did people go from caring about the scoreboard and start caring if we just play hard? When did it become alright to lose a game we SHOULD have won just as long as there was “fire” in the guys? If you ask me a lot of this is freaking J.V. or High School crap.

I know Mizzou has a great offense but they are beatable. Chase Daniel is good but he isn’t unstoppable. Coz figured out how to slow him down in 06. MacLain is awesome as well but if we kick away from him that takes away a huge threat in their game plan. One man won’t beat us this isn’t basketall. Their defense is completely untested aside from Illinois and the Juice lit them up that day.

Sure Tech has an awesome offense but they have not played anyone. Their defense is also untested and unproven. Their offense is awesome against J.V. squads but what happens when they play a team with a good red zone defense?

For the record if I hear anymore of this crap I’m going to puke:

1. I don’t care if we finish 6-6 as long as we show improvement over last year.

2. I don’t care if we lose as long as we play hard.

3. We can’t beat Mizzou, Tech, or OU this year so I just hope we keep it close.

4. It is ok that we lost to Va Tech because they fought all the way to the end.

5. It is alright that our fundamentals still stink and that we still have mental breakdowns because Bo tells us like it is and that is so refreshing.

6. We need more talent.

7. These linemen were brought in to pass block.

Maybe I’m naïve and all but like I said WE ARE NEBRASKA losing should not be acceptable. I know it happens but come on why be alright with it?

I agree with you man. We have showed no improvement what so ever this year. To me with all of the crap that has happened this year is a bit worse and unnecessary. The penalties? I mean come on that is not called for. The defense gives up big plays which is not called for. 2 years in a row we nearly beat Texas, a fumble lost us a football game in Lincoln vs Texas so dont say that the talent is not there. The development of the talent might not be too good in the past but the players would be playing at Pac 10 or Big 12 or Big 10 schools so whats wrong with the talent level? It lies in the development. We got so angry at BC when he tried to keep games close and not get blown out by running the football to kill clock and if that is what you want to do this year than that is fine but dont give crap to BC for doing it. He must have known that his defense had many holes and gave up big plays which is why he would try to do this. Nebraska needs to be aggressive and have a gameplan that gives them the best chance of winning. Dont be conservative, dont play to keep it close play to win the game. And the crap about it was ok to lose to VA Tech I am right with you man that that is crap. Garbage! Va Tech is a terrible terrible football team. Their offense is horrible. There was no reason that we did not win that game. I felt so sick after that game and knew where this season was going to go because VA TECH IS NOT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Uncalled for to lose that game. Favored at home against the number 112 ranked offense in the country with a QB who cant throw better than many high school QBS in Texas, Florida, or California. I also agree that I do not want to here about the lineman being brought in to pass block. That is garbage. They are lineman, who should be able to run block and pass block. The offense should not have turned this bad over the summer. Lineman can move people, if anything it is the plays that they are using to try to run the ball. The mental breakdowns are just terrible too. I dont even want to get started on that one.