Losing not an option against NU

Actually I thought it was a well written article. As a Mizzou fan we suffered for so long and we always knew we were in for an ass kicking when heading to Lincoln. Finally we have a good football team. Can't we enjoy the moment just a little bit?

no.

ok, I admit this is funny.

Actually I thought it was a well written article. As a Mizzou fan we suffered for so long and we always knew we were in for an ass kicking when heading to Lincoln. Finally we have a good football team. Can't we enjoy the moment just a little bit?

no.

First does anyone know the Maneater is the student newspaper? Second, he picked Mizzou to win by 7 points. You're giving him a hard time for that when many of your own fans here have predicted worse?

Btw, what did he say that is goofier than Pelini saying the goal is to shutout Mizzou? Now that IS funny. We might lose but I'd bet my mortgage it won't be close to a shutout.

If you beat us I'll be here to congratulate you tomorrow night. On the other hand if you don't I'll be here too to see how the gagging on all that Kool-Aid is going!

so you'd love to hear Pinkel say the goal ISNT to shut out the opponent? now WOW, thats solid, going into a game not trying to shut out the other team... i mean, thats like, hey, we'll go ahead and spot you 20 because we don't want to try and shut you out! FFS.. NOBODY EVER SAID, 'HEY, WE'RE GONNA SHUT OUT THE TIGERS'.... it was, the goal isn't to hold them under 30, the goal is to shut them down. Why is that a bad goal?

no.

First does anyone know the Maneater is the student newspaper? Second, he picked Mizzou to win by 7 points. You're giving him a hard time for that when many of your own fans here have predicted worse?

Btw, what did he say that is goofier than Pelini saying the goal is to shutout Mizzou? Now that IS funny. We might lose but I'd bet my mortgage it won't be close to a shutout.

If you beat us I'll be here to congratulate you tomorrow night. On the other hand if you don't I'll be here too to see how the gagging on all that Kool-Aid is going!

Third, this is a HUSKER site, so if we don't like it we don't have to.

:boxosoap

:rant

Fourth, we find it funny that they think this game is our National Championship. Our National Championships sit in the Trophy Cases at Memorial Stadium. We know what it is like to win big games, conference champioships, and National Championships. For the last time, WE DON'T NEED YOU TO TELL US ABOUT IT!

It is fine to be proud of your team, you should be. They have finally started to climb that hump. It is one of the most incredible offenses I have ever seen. I enjoy watching Missouri, but the fans are starting to act like they are elite. Elite seasons do not make elite programs.

I don't care what the paper is from, if you make a comment like "this is their National Championship" you are going to piss off Husker fans. That is why we are b*tching about this article. It is completely untrue, and if you ask anyone of those players, they will tell you that.

:rant

If only it was just a LITTLE bit!

If I was a betting man I would take the points. Mizzou will probably win but Nebraska is tough at home.

I enjoy watching Missouri, but the fans are starting to act like they are elite. Elite seasons do not make elite programs.

AMEN! Win a conference title before you make a "this is NU's nat. title game" comment. Give me a break!!!

I know, it is like they forgot that 7 seasons ago we were in a game that they have never been in---A NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP GAME!

They forget that we have 43 conference championships and they have 15. None of those 15, by the way, have come since 1969. Sure seems like another team has dominated since then.

They haven't even won a game in Lincoln in 30 years. I'm only f'ing 26 years old.

I didn't even know they had a friggin Missouri/Nebraska bell until I saw it on Playstation when I was 16.

I want to beat them so bad, I hope the players feel the same way about it. I hope that all this missed execution stuff and blown assignments come together this week and it is a perfect storm that hits Missouri square in the face.

no.

"This game is their National Championship. For Nebraska, the season will be deemed a success if they upset the third-ranked Tigers."

Maybe for SEMissouri State. Not for the Huskers.

We care about all our games. :) #7TTech is next week. On the road. That will be huge. #1OU in Norman - November 1st. HUGE.

I wont question how exciting it will be come kick off. MU is rolling with an amazing offense. I firmly think the comment is not accurate. A win would be an upset. It would be awesome. It would HUGE. We could build off of it. But we have other games as mentioned that we want to win just as much.

Gravity & Forever a Tiger - y'all stick around. It's good to have other fans from the Big 12 here. And y'all dont come across just to rub success into our faces. Or at least not with every comment, and that's cool.

:cheers cheers

I enjoy watching Missouri, but the fans are starting to act like they are elite. Elite seasons do not make elite programs.

AMEN! Win a conference title before you make a "this is NU's nat. title game" comment. Give me a break!!!

Which at last report, MU has ZERO conference championships in their trophycase in Missouri. Expect that to continue to be the case because if they draw Oklahoma, OU will roll past Mizzou because OU has the total package. Make it three losses in a row for Mizzou if it comes down to an OU/MU showdown in KC for the Big 12 title.

so you'd love to hear Pinkel say the goal ISNT to shut out the opponent? now WOW, thats solid, going into a game not trying to shut out the other team... i mean, thats like, hey, we'll go ahead and spot you 20 because we don't want to try and shut you out! FFS.. NOBODY EVER SAID, 'HEY, WE'RE GONNA SHUT OUT THE TIGERS'.... it was, the goal isn't to hold them under 30, the goal is to shut them down. Why is that a bad goal?

Not in public, no. Of course I won't have to worry about that because anyone who has paid attention to Coach Pinkel for any length of time at all knows he would never say that about any team. Perhaps he did when he was a new head coach but he sure hasn't since he's been at Missouri.

In fact last year when a few of the players said some things publicly about OU before the conference champtionship game he wasn't pleased and let them know.

I suspect with time Bo will learn to that you don't say or do anything to give the opponent any extra motivation.

Saying something like that to the team in a meeting is one thing; saying it to the press is another. And surely you realize saying it when you are about to play a team that was one of the highest scoring teams in the country last year and is the second highest this year does raise a few eyebrows. Not just among Mizzou fans either.

Don't take anything thing from a mizzou site. They embarrass me. Jeez, some of these people on the mizzou sites seem that they are 13.

This is why I joined this message board. Even though I am the enemy, the signal to noise ratio is way better here. hopefully I won't come across as an ass.

Not in public, no. Of course I won't have to worry about that because anyone who has paid attention to Coach Pinkel for any length of time at all knows he would never say that about any team. Perhaps he did when he was a new head coach but he sure hasn't since he's been at Missouri.

In fact last year when a few of the players said some things publicly about OU before the conference champtionship game he wasn't pleased and let them know.

I suspect with time Bo will learn to that you don't say or do anything to give the opponent any extra motivation.

Saying something like that to the team in a meeting is one thing; saying it to the press is another. And surely you realize saying it when you are about to play a team that was one of the highest scoring teams in the country last year and is the second highest this year does raise a few eyebrows. Not just among Mizzou fans either.

yet all it seemed to do so far is fuel the cockiness of your so-far-overrated freshman quarterback. and then that of daniel as well. but i really don't see what you're getting at with that post? you don't want pinkel to publicly say you don't wanna shut out an opponent? so you must be fine with him saying that to the team? wow. thats the confidence i love! hey, just go out there and play, don't worry about stopping the other team... its all good.