O Line?

No one will give them credit, but Wags and BC were absolutely fantastic coaches for our line. Wags should have NEVER been let go unless we were bringing in someone like Art Shell or Hudson Houck.

In what respect were they fantastic?

Teaching fundamentals to lineman. If you cannot see the difference, then, well .. umm ..

No one will give them credit, but Wags and BC were absolutely fantastic coaches for our line. Wags should have NEVER been let go unless we were bringing in someone like Art Shell or Hudson Houck.

Our o-line has been bad since 2002. Wags and Calllllllahan sucked, they didn't bring in very good talent, and what little talent we do have, they didn't teach very well. We are seeing just exactly how bad the Calllllllahan era was here. It's gonna take a few years to get rid of that disease.

Look at how bad he screwed up the Raiders. Its been 6 years and they are still a disaster.

LOL

Callahan = The devil

I forgot.

Jaivorio Burkes was absolutely fantastic as a freshman. This year, he has completely regressed.

Last year, Lydon Murtha was our best blocker after we found him a home on the right side. For some idiotic reason, we moved him to the left side where he had struggled for years prior. Not until August did we finally figure out why he was moved before we corrected that mistake.

Mike Smith, besides being able to get to the boundary on pull blocks has little reason to be in our lineup, much less starting. His strength leaves ALOT to be desired when trying to hold a block at the point.

And as far as the Raiders -- I still do not get how people blame Callahan for that. BC was fired after he asked Al Davis to get rid of overpriced veterans who were not performing. Guys like Tim Brown, Trace Armstrong, Rod Woodson, Bill Romanowski who were getting ridiculous amounts of money even when their careers were nearly over. Tim Brown was quoted once as saying he hated BC because "he tried to mess with my money". Now look at the situation the Raiders had to put themselves thru after they fired BC thanks to the fact they had overpriced veterans not worth a darn.

This is what I will never understand is why Husker fans treat BC as the devil when he needs to be more criticized for his lack of development on the defensive side of the ball and his loyalty to certain coaches, namely Cosgrove. Anywhere else and you are completely reaching.

I guess I must have missed something. Ever since Clownahan was here, our OL has been a liability which is weird considering he's spent most of his coaching years as an OL coach. It's just a good thing Taylor was a rock back there because he took a beating back there being protected by that great BC OL.