new hated rival

How this conference is transforming, it really is turning into the SEC for the North teams and NU fans will not like/consider all North teams the rival at some point. The word rival is termed loosely here.

Many NU fans don't like this, but my assessment is that unless NU hires a superstar HC, there will still be OU, Texas then.........everybody else. With a new contender from the North every couple years or so. Texas took NU's spot in the old order and knocked NU down to everyone else status in the old Big 8. Just my POV.

How this conference is transforming, it really is turning into the SEC for the North teams and NU fans will not like/consider all North teams the rival at some point. The word rival is termed loosely here.

Many NU fans don't like this, but my assessment is that unless NU hires a superstar HC, there will still be OU, Texas then.........everybody else. With a new contender from the North every couple years or so. Texas took NU's spot in the old order and knocked NU down to everyone else status in the old Big 8. Just my POV.

Not flaming you, but in your opinion, who is a superstar HC? I mean T.O. had less of a resume than pelini if you really think about it. I think (like it seems everyone does), that we will get there. But its just gonna take time. Give us some time.

I think IF NU and MU were competing year in and year out with eachother for the Big 12 north title (as NU and OU did for Big 8 championships) then you would be able to say they are rivals. But unfortunately Mizzou is competing with Kansas for this spot and were very relevant when Nebraska was relevant.

In My Opinion this matchup needs the following to be a Rivalry:

1. Both teams finishing 1st or 2nd in the north almost every year with the North championship hinging on the meeting between the two. This would establish the basis for the rivalry.

2. Criteria 1 would need to happen for more than 1 or 2 years, it needs to be a lasting thing, not a flash in the pan. Longevity is needed.

3. In years where one team is down, i.e. Nebraska at present time, then people would still look at that game as a game where you can throw out the records and stats because anything goes. And the lower team would have a serious stake in being the season spoiler for the better team and actually have a chance to do it because the emotion of the situation makes up for the lack of talent or whatever.

4. Both teams need to have a mutual respect for eachother. They each need to know that whatever has happened during the season, this game could go either way. And they do not disrespect the other team or kick them when they are down because you know it could come back to haunt you the following year. (I don't think Mizzou has respect for the Nebraska program.)

These are just my opinions as to what would need to happen in this matchup to make it a rivalry. Right now I don't think any of these points have been met.

Not flaming you, but in your opinion, who is a superstar HC? I mean T.O. had less of a resume than pelini if you really think about it. I think (like it seems everyone does), that we will get there. But its just gonna take time. Give us some time.

A superstar HC to me is B. Snyder. But he had a loaded staff and worked countless, countless hours and demanded practically the same from his staff. You don't pull a stunt off like that at KSU without working as hard as physically possible and hiring a stud staff. Like TO, he appeared to also not be in it for the money, that's why KSU rose-IMO. And that's why some of his staff deflected. TO worked his ass of as well, hence his retirement speech about practically not seeing his children grow up and being more with the team. It remains to be seen if B. Pelini and staff is willing to accept that challenge. I understand the Balance of life thing, but I think I know what it takes to get to the top. Non stop working.

As for giving it some time, I'm willing to do that, but usually you know within a couple of years if you have a superstar HC/staff or not.

I don't consider Mizzou to be a rival, or Colorado. I just hate them, but I don't want either to have the satisfaction of being our rival.

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

I don't consider Mizzou to be a rival, or Colorado. I just hate them, but I don't want either to have the satisfaction of being our rival.

You guys are acting like this past game was an isolated event. We've been improving under Pinkel for many years, and we're not going anywhere.

Your team on the other hand seems to be going backward, sliding into Baylor territory. It's time you guys take a long look at your program and prepare for a few years of mediocrity. You're just not a good team anymore. It sucks, but accept it. Southeast Missouri gave us a better game than Nebraska did.

Just be thankful Pinkel has class and didn't hang 70+ on you like all of us wanted him to do.

Debatable.

We haven't had a competitive game with Missouri in a long time. Think about that. It's gone both ways, too. They are not a rival.

I wouldn't say you've been steadily improving. Weren't you guys about to run pinkel out of town until you fluked out on chade daniel? Interesting to see if you guys win 7 or 8 next year.

This is much more my feeling too. Although I suppose that may eventually develop into a rivalry spirit. Who knows.

Why hate Mizzou? Are we going to hate everyone who beats us? If so, there is going to be a whole lotta hating going on.

While the attitude expressed in your post is lacking somewhat in either kindness or subtlety one cannot argue with your points --- you have assessed the situation with great accuracy.