give it time

If you look at Oklahoma in the 1990,s, they were down for a few years. After Bob Stoops was hired, they went 7-5 his first year. Then the next year, Oklahoma wins the national title. many great teams have their down time and it takes time to get back where they belong. I was not expecting much this first year from the huskers. History shows that many times when teams are down it takes one spark to start a fire. i would not be surprised to see our huskers in a BCS bowl game next year. We have a very good quarter back coming to Lincoln and a runnig back from texas who reminds me a lot of Dan Alexander.

When Oklahoma was beating us with the wish bone, Tom Osborne ran the I. maybe we need to adjust to the new spread. i say we try to get Chip Kelly from Oregon as a new OC.

I agree completely with everything you said and I truly believe we'll be at least respectable again by next year, and even this year I still have optimism for a 7 win season at least. However, ya gotta keep in mind that Okiehoma recruits ALOT of Texas boys so naturally their "turnarounds" are always gonna be quicker, and now we have to contend with Mizzou for top recruits so it may take a lil bit longer to get back up to the national championship contention level. I am excited about Cody Green though in a couple years and hopefully Nebraska can get its fair share of Texan recruits as well as Californians and top recruits form other states, along with bringin back good ol Nebraska boys as well through recruitin and the walk-on program.

If you look at Oklahoma in the 1990,s, they were down for a few years. After Bob Stoops was hired, they went 7-5 his first year. Then the next year, Oklahoma wins the national title. many great teams have their down time and it takes time to get back where they belong. I was not expecting much this first year from the huskers. History shows that many times when teams are down it takes one spark to start a fire. i would not be surprised to see our huskers in a BCS bowl game next year. We have a very good quarter back coming to Lincoln and a runnig back from texas who reminds me a lot of Dan Alexander.

great post! right up until..

When Oklahoma was beating us with the wish bone, Tom Osborne ran the I. maybe we need to adjust to the new spread. i say we try to get Chip Kelly from Oregon as a new OC.

you just took the goodwill you built in that first paragraph and then set it on fire!

burn.jpg

BURN, BABY! BURN!

in one breath, you say 'keep cool, good players are coming and day will arrive' and in the second 'dump watson!' sure, you don't say 'dump watson' but what else are we gonna take 'get chip kelly as new OC?'

the offensive line is getting pushed around? clearly, that's barney cotton's fault: get rid of him. our secondary looks lost and confused half the time, so clearly that sander's fault so out he goes. and while we're at it, we'd better fire tim beck right now because clearly our running game is weak, weak WEAK.

firing and replacing coaches ad hoc isn't going to solve anything.

great post! right up until..

you just took the goodwill you built in that first paragraph and then set it on fire!

burn.jpg

BURN, BABY! BURN!

in one breath, you say 'keep cool, good players are coming and day will arrive' and in the second 'dump watson!' sure, you don't say 'dump watson' but what else are we gonna take 'get chip kelly as new OC?'

the offensive line is getting pushed around? clearly, that's barney cotton's fault: get rid of him. our secondary looks lost and confused half the time, so clearly that sander's fault so out he goes. and while we're at it, we'd better fire tim beck right now because clearly our running game is weak, weak WEAK.

firing and replacing coaches ad hoc isn't going to solve anything.

:yeah I agree, but I also know that a lot of the stuff coming out on these boards right now is nothing more than fan frustration. You have to keep that in mind. I don't want anyone fired, and defend keeping the coaches we have right now, but then in the same breath I know that there are some changes that need to take place, and unfortunately it will probably have to come with natural attrition - we need different players to fit what Bo is trying to do with this team. Right now everyone, including myself, is struggling to see what the identity of this team is, because it is pretty hard to see because of the lack of success on Saturdays. They had the same problem in Oklahoma during their down period, but look where they are now.

We will be okay...everyone just needs to hang in there and be patient. I am the most impatient person there is, so it is really hard for me to take my own advice. Just remember when you see someone going off the deep end on here that it is the result of fan frustration - and we don't need to flame them for it.

Does this guy fumble a lot like Dan Alexander?

Yeah, I'm sure alot of what has been said is nothing more than fan frustration.

Bo will get the defense looking good. The question is when? Would you not agree that when everyone on the defense does their job (I know this has been very limited this year), the defense is good? Blown coverages (attributed to mental mistakes) and poor tackling will make any defense look foolish, regardless of how talented they are.

Watson isn't an idiot, contrary to what I have said before. I think what Watson needs more than anything is an identity. He needs to look at the players he currently has on offense and give them an identity. What can they do? Better yet, what can they do very, very well?

Every good team now has an identity. Something they are known for and something they do very well. It's up to Watson (and company) to figure out what that is for t his offense.

This is one reason I really hope we make a bowl game this year. I think the Defense could use the extra month of practice. The longer these guys have with Pelini, the more reps the younger guys get, the better off we'll be. The good news is I see three very winnable games on our schedule left, and a couple others that are definitely up for grabs.

ISU fing sucks

:bs: You get flagged for unnecessary BS...that comment was totally uncool. I see your a new member, one word of advice is that we try to treat each other and opposing teams with some respect on here. We all have our views that differ from others, and we all have certain teams that we just don't like, but it is not cool to just say "f' so and so" especially with no reasoning. You are more than welcome not to like a team or school, but it is not cool just to flame someone with no explanation. That is juvenile.

:bs: You get flagged for unnecessary BS...that comment was totally uncool. I see your a new member, one word of advice is that we try to treat each other and opposing teams with some respect on here. We all have our views that differ from others, and we all have certain teams that we just don't like, but it is not cool to just say "f' so and so" especially with no reasoning. You are more than welcome not to like a team or school, but it is not cool just to flame someone with no explanation. That is juvenile.

Yeah. That's bush league...

Yeah. That's bush league...

Alright, who gave chase daniel a username and password :rollin