Thursday Practice Report

From LJS: Life in the Red Blog...

Husker head coach Bo Pelini said after Thursday's practice he thought his team got a lot of work done this week.

"I think they're understanding the game plan. I think they're understanding what they need to do," Pelini said. "I liked the way they came back after what happened Saturday. They came back with focus. Now we have to got it to the game, got to make sure we finish our mental preparation, make sure they know exactly what's being asked of every call so we can execute."

Asked if linebacker Cody Glenn would travel to Lubbock, Pelini said, "We'll see," and followed that with a "more than likely."

To prepare for the road game, Pelini said his staff piped in crowd noise at each practice this week.

"Whether it's on the road or at home, it comes down to playing between the lines and executing," Pelini said.

About Tech's massive offensive line and the wide splits they use, Pelini said: "You can simulate it in practice, but obviously the size they have isn't something you can simulate in practice. Our guys watch a lot of tape. I think they understand what they need to do."

Pelini has never been to Lubbock before. He said the team wouldn't have a walk-thru of the stadium Friday night. The team would have a little bit of downtime after the plane lands and then go into their normal night-before routine.

The head coach said he wasn't sure who the punter would be yet -- Dan Titchener or Jake Wesch.

Hunter Teafatiller and Thomas Lawson will both get reps at the fullback spot.

Does not having a walk-thru hurt?