RB Javarris James

Player: Javarris James

Hometown: Immokalee, FL

Position: RB

Height: 6’1”

Weight: 205

40 time: 4.5

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida, Miami (Fl), Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio St., Michigan

Favorites: Signed with Miami (Fl)

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:#10/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Top of the line back. One of the state's top overall prospects. James, who comes from the same high school as Edgerran James, has rushed for over 2,500 yard in the past two season. James is being recruited by all the heavyweight programs throughout the country. He is true all around back.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Huskers are going to battle the big boys again. I believe it will be tough to pull him away from Miami.

• 2 weeks later...

• 4 months later...
Miami (Fl) is his top choice.

No suprise. On HTW, i had a long thread explaining the domino effect that would present itself if Javarris went to X team, Brandon Minor went to Y team and James Montgomery went to Z team.

As of right now, where i predicted the guys to end up is on track. The only remaining targets still available that Nebraska is in on include Tracy Slocum and C.J Gable. Gable will end up at Ole Miss when it's all said and done because Ole Miss needs him bad. The ONLY option we have with him is if he looks at our depth at CB and he sees that we could use him instantly. One positive note on this is that Blake is recruiting him. Some people have asked if he is no longer on NU's radar. No, that's not the case. He is VERY much so on NU's RADAR. Nebraska won't go down without a fight for him. Other guys NU is recruiting very hard are of course Antwan Cobb and Tracy Slocum. There is one JUCO i would love to have, and a few people know who i am talking about because they have seen his video. He is a monster.

• 3 weeks later...

Visit Date:

Scholarships offered: Florida, Miami (Fl), Nebraska, Oklahoma, USC, Ohio St., Michigan

Favorites: Committed to Miami (Fl)

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:#10/ :star:star:star:star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star:star:star:star

Assessing the talent: Top of the line back. One of the state's top overall prospects. James, who comes from the same high school as Edgerran James, has rushed for over 2,500 yard in the past two season. James is being recruited by all the heavyweight programs throughout the country. He is true all around back.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker: 5% Huskers are going to battle the big boys again. I believe it will be tough to pull him away from Miami.

Why does Slocum shy away from NU?

Remaining targets we have a shot at are Antwan Cobb (he will end up a husker in my opinion), C.J Gable (should end up at Ole Miss), and Tracy Slocum (Texas A&M or one of the Cal Schools). If we don't get any of those 3, we will go after the juco

From what Rivals said, Cobb isnt particularly fast, as they have him listed at 4.68 (40), especially since he only weight 200. With the promise of guys like Jackson, Lucky, Jackson, and Glenn, NU would be better off without Cobb. They should try for a more athletic back in this years class, IMO.

Visit Date:

Rankings/Stars:

Rivals:#10/ :star  :star  :star  :star

Bid Red Report:NR/ :star  :star  :star  :star

Assessing the talent:  Top of the line back.  One of the state's top overall prospects.  James, who comes from the same high school as Edgerran James, has rushed for over 2,500 yard in the past two season.  James is being recruited by all the heavyweight programs throughout the country.  He is true all around back.

Odds of becoming a Cornhusker:  5%  Huskers are going to battle the big boys again.  I believe it will be tough to pull him away from Miami.

Depth, it's the main reason why all the top ranked targets are not looking at us. The possibility of playing time is slim. Callahan and company can't use the phrase "if you work hard, you can get playing time" because they know they have depth. There's also a possibility NU wont even recruit a RB this year. They may wait untill next year to recruit one.

• 4 months later...

hello, his uncle is edgerrin james, & both edgerrin & javarris have had a great relationship w/ soldering who was recently fired after mia's bowl blow out by lsu - soldering coached at mia for 16 yrs, & was rb's coach for 11 yrs

two great things about the soldering firing is that he may visit NU, & if NU can land him after a possible visit then we as fans will see that he can catch the ball very well, which is a huge piece to the wco puzzle

the 3 schools he will seriously look at for additional visits are NU, USF and Florida. As far as USF, i don't see a guy this high profile and talented ending up with the knights. As far as Florida, they have landed a commit from 4 star running back Chevon Walker and with Kenny Wilson being a soft verbal to NU, and still considering Florida, should Wilson decommit, and go to Florida, that would give them 2 high profile RB's. That's in addition to 4 star running back Stafon Johnson still having the gators in his top 3. I just think he eventually will keep his commit to Miami, but stranger things have happened. A commit from him could hinge on whether Wilson goes to the gators or not if he seriously is upset about the shakeups at Miami