Final Plays of OT

I just had a problem with the offense on the final series.

I thought they were trying too hard to score a touchdown. They didn't stick to the running game and we're trying to get too fancy throwing the ball, which led to the INT...

That's all I got....

I agree, we went away from our gameplan that worked all game. Took a shot at the end zone, which we never did all game, and missed.

I would have liked to see us try to pound the ball a little bit in OT. No need to hurry, we got the hurrying out of the way by scoring at the end of the game. I think the momentum was on their side and a long time consuming drive would have tired out their D further and taken the crowd out of the game. It is what it is, another L.

Ummmm...we started with the ball on THEIR 25, not sure how much time we could have chewed off the clock.

I thought they were trying too hard to score a touchdown. They didn't stick to the running game and we're trying to get too fancy throwing the ball, which led to the INT...

That's all I got....

I agree, we went away from our gameplan that worked all game. Took a shot at the end zone, which we never did all game, and missed.

I would have liked to see us try to pound the ball a little bit in OT. No need to hurry, we got the hurrying out of the way by scoring at the end of the game. I think the momentum was on their side and a long time consuming drive would have tired out their D further and taken the crowd out of the game. It is what it is, another L.

Ummmm...we started with the ball on THEIR 25, not sure how much time we could have chewed off the clock.

An 8 or 9 play, 3 or 4 minute drive getting 2 first downs and then pounding it in for the score. I'm saying I think they were tiring, and running at them would have broken them down further.

Meh, I would have liked to have seen a run, but I don't have a problem with the passes. Joey was great, he really needs our support now!

BTW, the ref prolly didn't throw a flag on the play b/c it was uncatchable. How many of you think if it were TT on offense that it would have been called? I definately think they'd have called it on NU. Those refs sucked.

They were just as bad in the OU-UT game, and then they tried to screw Arizona out of a win over Dallas! WTF???!!!

That's all I got....

An 8 or 9 play, 3 or 4 minute drive getting 2 first downs and then pounding it in for the score. I'm saying I think they were tiring, and running at them would have broken them down further.

Does the clock even run in OT?

(Maybe a play clock???).

But I get your point..If we scored a TD and missed the XP, a tired red raider is a good red raider for the next series of downs.

I think that Watson had a lot of confidence in Ganz, Ganz was stellar the whole game and had that one horrible decision that cost them the game. I thought passing was the way to do it, Nebraska was only averaging 4 yard a carry.

OZ used to say "4 yards a carry and you win" If you think about it that is very smart and absolutely correct. You keep the ball and beat their D up pretty good. The moral drops and they start to make big mistakes and poss even some dumb decisions. I think the Watts were turned up and the running game was abandoned. I also would have preferred to stick to the game plan. Considering we held the ball for 40 mins and had 80 offensive plays to their 48. The run game was working and it did open the passing lanes. Then again I don't make the money the coaches do. :( This was just my take on it.