WHAT THE HELL UNL?

FYI topic creator, if you want to protest Bill Ayers excercising his right to free speech at a University that you clearly didn't attend nor do you understand the education value of, you may want to consider constructing a letter to the chancellor or your local media outlet, rather than posting a rampaging message on Huskerboard where you question the sexuality of a moderator because he moved your topic to the proper forum.

I don't like the guy's value system, but I have to agree. If you're an alumni, you can withhold your donation as a protest.

FYI topic creator, if you want to protest Bill Ayers excercising his right to free speech at a University that you clearly didn't attend nor do you understand the education value of, you may want to consider constructing a letter to the chancellor or your local media outlet, rather than posting a rampaging message on Huskerboard where you question the sexuality of a moderator because he moved your topic to the proper forum.

Obviously you can't read neither can you debate because you can't teel me the educational quality of someone bashing the USA. Better yet why don't you hold that picture and in front of Memorial stadium and and ask people how they feel. A crackhead is a crackhead untill he decides to put the pipe down. So please maybe you can think clearly. :sarcasm You distort the truth and are ridiculous. IMMORAL idealogies does not make you cool or hip or even fashionable it makes you IMMORAL. I don't agree with alot of what the government is doing but I'm not just in Huskerboard I am in the streets. But it is the people's problem. Not Government! You are free for the time being. This thread was not started with Politics people's suspicions of my intentions fueled by ignorance led into that. Ask players Why theychoose UNL over USC,Miami, UT Austin, Florida.etc I bet that you get that its the people and the small town feel.

I can care less who votes for who but I refuse to sit back and have someone who hates my country come to my Native State and spread Marxsist dialog without letting the good people of Nebraska know about it. Then you are in my backyard!

Oh yeah I must be doing something right because in this midst of all this a brother calls me and tells me he has a bunch of Nebraska stuff a tenant left behind to bless me with Thank you GOD!

post-5573-1224214994.jpg

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at NYU. Does that mean that they support Iran? No. It means they're bringing in different world views. It's called D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y.

Take a chill pill.

Oh most highly esteemed,smart and intellectually diverse MOD I have something against thee!

It was Columbia not NYU you HOSER!!!!!

Hey I think your college roomate wants to give you a ride to school???!!!

post-5573-1224216647.jpg

Mahmoud Ahmadinejad spoke at NYU. Does that mean that they support Iran? No. It means they're bringing in different world views. It's called D-I-V-E-R-S-I-T-Y.

Take a chill pill.

Oh most highly esteemed,smart and intellectually diverse MOD I have something against thee!

It was Columbia not NYU you HOSER!!!!!

Hey I think your college roomate wants to give you a ride to school???!!!

post-5573-1224216647.jpg

lolcat-funny-picture-moderator1.jpg

Yup. Game over for him.

Topic is still open for everyone else, OP won't be posting for a while, however.

By OP, I hope you don't mean "Francis"

This thread would be useless without her/him/it.

It's not every day you get to observe extremists melting down before your eyes like this..Highly entertaining.

(Rush was sorta entertaining for awhile until I began to suspect he was really secretly a Liberal).

This Great Country of ours was founded on Civil Disobedience..Boston Tea Party anyone? Bunch of Terrorists.

For a sporting slant to this subject, I saw something on ESPN last night and they're now replaying it..

The story of Tommie Smith and John Carlos

I was 7 or 8, but I do remember thinking these guys were bad guys just because they were supposedly demonstrating against our country (Result of my parents reading only what was spoon-fed to them by the media).

That's why it's important to have people like whoever you're against UNL having speak..To get the truth about what his "crazy beliefs" are and form an informed opinion about whatever's getting sand in your 'giner.

Just like me..I've never heard of this Ayers? guy, but I now plan on googling him and try to weed out the disinformation to form my own opinion.

You talk about or at least mentioned "Morality".

Who gets to decide what Morality is?

You may say you get it from a book, but what if your access to that book was denied??? Through book burning which I suspect would be your "knee-jerk" methodology, or by donors (publishers) who refuse to print that book?

We have a pretty great country.

But we must continue to evolve to stay that way.

The IOC pressured the US Olympic committee to send these two home after their display or they would NOT allow us to participate the rest of the '68 Olympics..I'm mad we didn't just pull the whole team or at least force them to "Make us"...We caved and sent them home where they were ridiculed for several years.

Tommie Smith and John Carlos blackpower.jpg

It was the most popular medal ceremony of all time. The photographs of two black American sprinters standing on the medal podium with heads bowed and fists raised at the Mexico City Games in 1968 not only represent one of the most memorable moments in Olympic history but a milestone in America's civil rights movement.

The two men were Tommie Smith and John Carlos. Teammates at San Jose State University, Smith and Carlos were stirred by the suggestion of a young sociologist friend Harry Edwards, who asked them and all the other black American athletes to join together and boycott the games. The protest, Edwards hoped, would bring attention to the fact that America's civil rights movement had not gone far enough to eliminate the injustices black Americans were facing. Edwards' group, the Olympic Project for Human Rights (OPHR), gained support from several world-class athletes and civil rights leaders but the all-out boycott never materialized.

Still impassioned by Edwards' words, Smith and Carlos secretly planned a non-violent protest in the manner of Martin Luther King, Jr. In the 200-meter race, Smith won the gold medal and Carlos the bronze. As the American flag rose and the Star-Spangled Banner played, the two closed their eyes, bowed their heads, and began their protest.

Smith later told the media that he raised his right, black-glove-covered fist in the air to represent black power in America while Carlos' left, black-covered fist represented unity in black America. Together they formed an arch of unity and power. The black scarf around Smith's neck stood for black pride and their black socks (and no shoes) represented black poverty in racist America.

While the protest seems relatively tame by today's standards, the actions of Smith and Carlos were met with such outrage that they were suspended from their national team and banned from the Olympic Village, the athletes' home during the games.

A lot of people thought that political statements had no place in the supposedly apolitical Olympic Games. Those that opposed the protest cried out that the actions were militant and disgraced Americans. Supporters, on the other hand, were moved by the duo's actions and praised them for their bravery. The protest had lingering effects for both men, the most serious of which were death threats against them and their families.

Smith and Carlos, who both now coach high school track teams, were honored in 1998 to commemorate the 30th anniversary of their protest.

An interesting side note to the protest was that the 200m silver medallist in 1968, Peter Norman of Australia (who is white), participated in the protest that evening by wearing a OPHR badge.

It never ceases to amaze me how terrified some people are of some viewpoint other than their own to be allowed to exist.

Ayers? Really? Its hard to believe that some are getting so worked up over what someone did 40 years ago. Given the guy currently is not a terrorist, and is in fact a professor at the University of Illinois and that the trip to UNL is to talk about teaching education, things that far in the past really dont seem pertinent.

I bet 'the one' was that one crazy guy who stands outside of sporting events yelling about government and holds a sign. I've seen him at husker games, bluejay games, and a bunch of random events at Qwest. I think he supports the Nebraska party, which is an affiliate of the Constitution party (what this guy was blathering about). Someone stole his sign at the NU - Mizzou game, it was pretty funny.

The more I think about it this has to be him posting. The verbal diarrhea matches perfectly!