Running Game

...IMO we still aren't ready to run the ball against good teams like KU and Oklahoma...

Really? I watched all of the KU/OU game yesterday (MAN was it LONGGGG) and neither's team defense was all that impressive...especially against the run...

I suppose you have to credit the offenses of the respective teams...but the way our boys are playing recently...I would put them right there with 'em...

we did ok but don't get too excited as far as being able to just line up and knock people off the ball...our running game is only as good as the passing game...we have to pass and pass to set up the running game...watson's biggest mistakes the first few game was that he was trying to run the ball to set up the pass...our strenght is passing the ball..

I was really impressed with the running game vs. Iowa State. Anyone have any other comments?

I was a bit surprised that Helu didn't break away from the secondary in his BIG run. I think some former husker backs would have taken it for six...but that is the past...still a great run. Good to see us gettin 5 or 6 yrds on each run....kills the clock and that what we NEED!!!!