Okie Game

Well, this weekend a buddy of mine, and myself, are venturing to Norman to watch the game....this will be my first visit to Norman, and have noooo clue what to expect. Most of the OU fans i encounter are pretty football knowledgable and respect Nebraska....should i expect the same in Norman, or should i expect to be harassed ALL day??

Well, this weekend a buddy of mine, and myself, are venturing to Norman to watch the game....this will be my first visit to Norman, and have noooo clue what to expect. Most of the OU fans i encounter are pretty football knowledgable and respect Nebraska....should i expect the same in Norman, or should i expect to be harassed ALL day??

I live in Okie land and wear my NU stuff all over this state. You will get some ribbing and every fan base has their morons but OU fans typically are decent. They are knowledgeable and most of the time respectful. They respect NU and the rivalry and generally want to see NU rise to the top of the north again, so that we can play every year...they miss the game as much as we do.

If you're sitting in the student section, of course, it will get a little rowdier but should be ok. Hope you have a good time down here...btw, they are still working on the stadium here, I believe, hopefully they have made it a little nicer since i wasn't impressed w/ it at all about 4 yrs. ago.

When I was a student at UNL about 15 years ago I went down to Norman for the NU-OU game. I really enjoyed it and all of the NU fans were treated with respect. Obviously 15 years is a long time, especially in the sports world, but I can't imagine OU fans being anything by nice and friendly. I really think NU fans and OU fans have a great respect for each other.

I live in Okie land and wear my NU stuff all over this state. You will get some ribbing and every fan base has their morons but OU fans typically are decent. They are knowledgeable and most of the time respectful. They respect NU and the rivalry and generally want to see NU rise to the top of the north again, so that we can play every year...they miss the game as much as we do.

If you're sitting in the student section, of course, it will get a little rowdier but should be ok. Hope you have a good time down here...btw, they are still working on the stadium here, I believe, hopefully they have made it a little nicer since i wasn't impressed w/ it at all about 4 yrs. ago.

Agree with NebHusker. Sooner fans are generally respectful of NU and would like nothing more than for our two teams to play every year. Not too mention they generally tend to agree that NU will be prominent again. I'm friends with lots of Sooner fans and we give each other crap all the time but there is a definite mutual respect there. You should enjoy your trip.

Norman is a nice town. Traffic on I-35 though is gonna suck before and after the game. Lots of great restaurants though.

I live here in Edmond. It is a good football town. They are knowledgable and decent toward non-OU fans. there is more dislike toward Texas and Oklahoma State than there is towards NU. Probably because the past few years we haven't been much of a problem for them.

I can't speak towards the tailgating but I don't think tailgating compares to tailgating in Lincoln. IMO

I live in Edmond as well. Most OU fans are okay some think the season is a complete failure unless they win the National Championship.

I remember being at the 2000 game when we were ranked very low (when OU won the NC). I've been to alot of games over the years and have never been cussed at - had beer cans/bottles thrown at me, etc as much as I did that day.

Unbelievable how some people act - you would NEVER see this in Lincoln no matter who we beat.

I have been down to Norman a few times and the fans are very knowledgable and friendly. More respectful to the opposing teams than many of the other big 12 venues ive been to. Of course this will be my first time going down there for a NU game and it will be interesting to see how I am treated. I hope that with Bo now in charge OU and NU can restore the mutual respect we once shared with this rivalry.

Also does anyone know a place in Lincoln that sells an NU/OU rivalry type shirt?

I have been down to Norman a few times and the fans are very knowledgable and friendly. More respectful to the opposing teams than many of the other big 12 venues ive been to. Of course this will be my first time going down there for a NU game and it will be interesting to see how I am treated. I hope that with Bo now in charge OU and NU can restore the mutual respect we once shared with this rivalry.

Also does anyone know a place in Lincoln that sells an NU/OU rivalry type shirt?

Univ Bookstore prob has them.

And that one place in the parking garage on the east side prob has them.

In my experience HuskerHounds on 84th in Omaha is the best place to buy husker gear in person

You will have a great time....being a Sooner I have always respected and enjoyed the match ups with the Huskers...

Every fan base has some jerks....but for the most part the Sooner faithful will welcome all Husker fans with a beer of your choice....

As always, if you act the fool you will have a tougher time....lol....

If you have questions about parking and tailgating ask away...I will check back later...

Here is to a safe game and safe trips to all the fans...cheers...

You will be treated with due respect, and will enjoy your time in Norman. Outside of what actually happens on the field at the game, of course.... :box