Husker Fans - I Salute You!

Hey Husker fans!

I hope you are all doing well, and that those of you who are making the trek to Norman experience the hospitality of my home state; you deserve it because of the treatment I and others have received in Lincoln back in the storied days of our football rivalry.

I have nothing but RESPECT for Husker fans, the state of Nebraska, and your storied football program. I truly hope this game is what it should be; a great game with no injuries, penalties, and may the best team win.

I am a huge fan of Nebraska football; after OU, the Nebraska Cornhuskers are perhaps my favorite college football team.

I love and miss the Big 8 days when we played on Thanksgiving. Oh, those were the times weren't they? I miss them terribly.

Nebraskans are perhaps some of the finest folks in the country and I just wanted to come on to your forum and tell you that I respect your program, and if there was ever a loss that OU suffered, I most certainly wouldn't mind if it came at the hands of a proud and respectful Husker nation.

Having said all of that, GO SOONERS, and I hope it is a clean game!

Respectfully,

synopsis_sooner

This is the class between schools that most will never know. I know that the blood gets pumping a little harder when it is OU/NU. The days of heart wrenching defeats to "Sooner Magic" and victories that were absolutely amazing. The games of the past are still fresh in my mind.

Thanks for the great post and of course I hope you come back win or lose and discuss the game.

GBR

This is the class between schools that most will never know. I know that the blood gets pumping a little harder when it is OU/NU. The days of heart wrenching defeats to "Sooner Magic" and victories that were absolutely amazing. The games of the past are still fresh in my mind.

Thanks for the great post and of course I hope you come back win or lose and discuss the game.

GBR

I most definitely will!

If we lose, I'll come back on your fine forum and give you the props you deserve. And believe me, in today's college football anything is possible.

And if we win, I definitely will not rub it in. I have a feeling in about a year or two, OU might be on the receiving end of a Husker win.

I hope you Huskers down in Norman are treated right, and with respect. If you are not (which is rare), let me know and I'll personally kick some a_hole Sooner fans butts if that were the case.

Husker fans are some of the best fans in ALL of college football!

GBR

I most definitely will!

If we lose, I'll come back on your fine forum and give you the props you deserve. And believe me, in today's college football anything is possible.

And if we win, I definitely will not rub it in. I have a feeling in about a year or two, OU might be on the receiving end of a Husker win.

I hope you Huskers down in Norman are treated right, and with respect. If you are not (which is rare), let me know and I'll personally kick some a_hole Sooner fans butts if that were the case.

I will let you know how things go! Were on our way to Norman right now. :thumbs

And thanks for the great post, I hope all sooner fans are as classy as you.

GBR!

It's easy, especially because Husker fans are total class.

In the early 80s, I met a LOT of Husker fans in Norman before gameday. To be honest, I've NEVER met more knowledgeable and considerate fans in my entire life.

You people are cool beyond measure. To have such a rivalry (at the time) and to exude such class impressed me in my younger years and forged upon me an impression of Nebraska and her wonderful people that I will never forget.

GBR

I most definitely will!

I will let you know how things go! Were on our way to Norman right now. :thumbs

And thanks for the great post, I hope all sooner fans are as classy as you.

GBR!

I hope that you have a GREAT time in our fine state.

Here's to a GOOD game folks!

Man I don't care if it's on thanksgiving NU and OU need to play every year. One of the greatest rivalries of all time has been reduced to mediocrity because of NCAA beaurocracy.

Anyway, hope it's a great game! We appreciate your team and program (unlike that f*cker Callahan), may the best team win!

In the early 80s, I met a LOT of Husker fans in Norman before gameday. To be honest, I've NEVER met more knowledgeable and considerate fans in my entire life.

You people are cool beyond measure. To have such a rivalry (at the time) and to exude such class impressed me in my younger years and forged upon me an impression of Nebraska and her wonderful people that I will never forget.

Aww, you're making me flush. :wub:

Seriously though, thanks for coming by and posting. I was only eight years old in 1995 when I first remember watching Nebraska and Oklahoma play with my dad and grandpa and hearing their stories about the great NU/OU games back in the day. I sincerely hope that I can make the trip down to Norman for a game one day, as my experiences with OU fans at the 2006 Big 12 championship game were fantastic.

Here's to a great game today. :cheers

Aww, you're making me flush. :wub:

Seriously though, thanks for coming by and posting. I was only eight years old in 1995 when I first remember watching Nebraska and Oklahoma play with my dad and grandpa and hearing their stories about the great NU/OU games back in the day. I sincerely hope that I can make the trip down to Norman for a game one day, as my experiences with OU fans at the 2006 Big 12 championship game were fantastic.

Here's to a great game today. :cheers

To me, you are a kid (not a bad thing).

Your Huskers have a FANTASTIC history and tradition.

Use youtube and check out your fabulous Husker tradition my young friend!