Question about the sellout streak...

Ok, maybe I'm missing something, but how is a sellout crowd determined?

For instance, we have sold out nearly the last 300 home games... but we have had different attendance numbers for each game?

What I'm asking is, what exactly constitutes a sellout? Or are these numbers just different because every ticket is sold, but only x amount of people show up?

GBR!!!!!!!!!!

The stadium capacity, is an estemate of total seats. Given that NU has bench seating, more can be packed in when needed. I think our capacity, and number of tickets is around 81,000.

But total attendance includes all those in attendance including the opposing teams staff and players. Which allows our attendance record to be over 85,000. (85,800 is where the school site has it, did we beat that this year?)

They also count refs, stadium workers, and people that show up to broadcast the game.

Basically, everybody who is in the stadium. Working concessioins, taking tickets, etc. Everybody thats there is counted, i think.

Yea, the world herold did an article about this a few years ago, they count all tickets sold, plus refs, vendors, coaches, players, security, ect.

dont forget that people in wheel chairs get in for free and sit in the area under the stands behind each of the end zones.

visitors (unofficial and official) and guests count toward the attendance

a couple of years ago when NU played KSUcks around Veterans day, NU saluted the Veterans and had a seating area right behind the players on field level (a couple hundred) all got in free, and counted toward the attendance totals

dont forget that people in wheel chairs get in for free and sit in the area under the stands behind each of the end zones.

visitors (unofficial and official) and guests count toward the attendance

a couple of years ago when NU played KSUcks around Veterans day, NU saluted the Veterans and had a seating area right behind the players on field level (a couple hundred) all got in free, and counted toward the attendance totals

I was not counted a few times as I entered through the old athletic offices with a sideline pass.

This was late 80's. Twice was against OU. One was the Game of the Century II and the other was the year OU was on Probation and the game wasn't on TV.