Safety play

Of course we as fans can't see the whole field, we don't know which defensive play are called or what each players assignment for every play is, but what I think most of us are complaining about is missed tackles and poor pursuit angles. Those type of mistakes can only be assessed to each individual player who makes them and not the entire defense. Yes, blown coverages are part of the problem too, but having a poor pass rush or a linebacker not in the right coverage doesn't cause our safeties to miss tackles and take the wrong angles of pursuit. Those type of mistakes are each individuals responsibility to correct and it was nice to read about them manning up to it in that article. Now they just need to work on fixing it.

I'm for one am tired of not seeing anybody wrap up on tackles. Instead we have guys diving in, head down, trying to punish a runner with their shoulder pads instead of sticking to the fundamentals of tackling; using an athletic body position, changing elevation, and wrapping up!! How hard is it?? We could seriously cut our yards given up by about 50 a game if we just made our tackles on first contact.

There are times when you should wrap up and make the tackle and times when you should lower your shoulders and punish the ball carrier (you do need to be able to force fumbles/incompletions from time to time). They are simply having a hard time deciding which to do when.

I would rather they just make the f@cking tackle!!

Hard hits aren't the only way to force turnovers!! Solid tackling forces an offense to take unnecessary risks and that's what causes turnovers!!

Make the f@cking tackles!! See what happens when you don't wrap?? Easy TD Reesing to Meier, what a joke!! Good thing he went for the hard hit and TO!!

Of course we as fans can't see the whole field, we don't know which defensive play are called or what each players assignment for every play is, but what I think most of us are complaining about is missed tackles and poor pursuit angles. Those type of mistakes can only be assessed to each individual player who makes them and not the entire defense. Yes, blown coverages are part of the problem too, but having a poor pass rush or a linebacker not in the right coverage doesn't cause our safeties to miss tackles and take the wrong angles of pursuit. Those type of mistakes are each individuals responsibility to correct and it was nice to read about them manning up to it in that article. Now they just need to work on fixing it.

I'm for one am tired of not seeing anybody wrap up on tackles. Instead we have guys diving in, head down, trying to punish a runner with their shoulder pads instead of sticking to the fundamentals of tackling; using an athletic body position, changing elevation, and wrapping up!! How hard is it?? We could seriously cut our yards given up by about 50 a game if we just made our tackles on first contact.

There are times when you should wrap up and make the tackle and times when you should lower your shoulders and punish the ball carrier (you do need to be able to force fumbles/incompletions from time to time). They are simply having a hard time deciding which to do when.

Hard hits aren't the only way to force turnovers!! Solid tackling forces an offense to take unnecessary risks and that's what causes turnovers!!

Make the f@cking tackles!! See what happens when you don't wrap?? Easy TD Reesing to Meier, what a joke!! Good thing he went for the hard hit and TO!!

OK...someone already beat me to it. I about went through the roof when he (was it Hagg?) did that!!! Shows that I am too into Huskerboard because the first thing that went through my mind when that happened was this thread and people commenting on 'At times you should go for the hard hit and turnover'.

NO - YOU WRAP UP AND TACKLE HIM!!!! F(*($%*CK!!!!

Hmmm...I always felt that you wrap up and make the tackle when it's a QB, RB, FB, or anyone who is trying to run or get away from defenders. You make a BIG hit when trying to break up a pass play or the offensive player is crossing the field.

But who knows?

Sorry, to me...regardless you wrap up and tackle if you are there to make a play. Especially when you can't afford to let someone loose as we have all season. The 'big hits' are just sportscenter highlights. Oh, and Reesing is a QB who was scrambling to make a throw, behind the line of scrimmage - so that in your theory is a 'wrap up' play. But no, Hagg fired a missle (that must not have been that powerful if a 5'10" 180-pounder shook it off) that Reesing recovered from and found Meier wide open behind the coverage.

Again, I will not blame any one person. I believe it is a team effort and if they were all on the same page we would have alot more success. All the Dbacks need to know the rest of the Dbacks asingments and be able to adjust to what happens. It is the other teams goal to fool them. Then again, it was a little painfull to see receivers running wide open in the kansas game. We had a pass rush to say the least. The best defensive plays (imo) were made by the young guys. This will be a very good bunch in the Near future. Some of the starters this year better figure it out and quick. I think the best will play not the players in their later years in the program.

GBR

OK...someone already beat me to it. I about went through the roof when he (was it Hagg?) did that!!! Shows that I am too into Huskerboard because the first thing that went through my mind when that happened was this thread and people commenting on 'At times you should go for the hard hit and turnover'.

NO - YOU WRAP UP AND TACKLE HIM!!!! F(*($%*CK!!!!

I feel you!! I was watching too and when that happened I freaking lost it!! My girlfriend was like "settle down" then I had to explain about this thread. Good thing I was able to get on here and let loose!!