Officiating

Dave M.

This was the worst officiated game of the year in my mind. They blew too many calls and gave Kansas a ton of non-calls. But then again... after the rest of the year it shouldn't surprise me. This is the worst year I can remember in the Big 12 ever. Not just for (or against) us but overall. The worst call today was the catch over the middle by Kansas and the following fumble that wasn't, after the refs called it incomplete. I just hope that the Big 12 reviews each of the crews and make some huge changes in the off season.

I honestly think Bo is on the officiating ****list. How that fumble where they said the ball wasn't recovered inbounds didn't earn further review is beyond me. On replay sure as hell looked to me like our guy grabbed it while still inbounds.

The holding that brought Helu's big run back was damn ticky-tack, no worse than what could be seen out of some KU-lineman on most plays, saw them get away with worse even.

But it wasn't nearly as bad as what we've seen before in the TTech game, where we likely win it if the zeebs did't screw us over. At least KU got flagged some and there were no personals on ticky-tack stuff.

I thought it was one of the better officiating games...but thats just me. The only thing that pissed me off was the intentional grounding call that the refs had to call only because of the croud. There were a few no calls but it has been worse in other games this year.

Are you saying that it shouldn't have been called intentional grounding or that it took the crowd booing for them to call it??

If you are saying it shouldn't have been called what would you have called? It was either that or a fumble, which Nebraska recovered!! Either way you look at it, the refs this year have been pretty lame, maybe they're thinking too much about instant replay and not enough on the task at hand. The Big 12 and other conferences definitely need to get a handle on this and quick!!

ENOUGH about the officiating... :bang It is getting repetitive and everyone is sounding like a bunch of whiners.

We won for God's sake... :horns2

What is wrong with everyone around here...everyone HAS to find something negative about the game, rather than celebrate the fact that we won, and the fact that this team is finally showing some improvement. If you think you can do a better job, go through the steps it takes to officiate at this level and get your butt out there and do it, but I guarantee that there will be somebody out there that will criticize you too...so you won't be so perfect either.

We have heard about officiating for several weeks...it is time to get over it. This is becoming a self-prophesy playing itself out. If you want to find bad calls, you will find them. Move on people!!!

How that fumble where they said the ball wasn't recovered inbounds didn't earn further review is beyond me. On replay sure as hell looked to me like our guy grabbed it while still inbounds.

This was really the only call that hosed me, it was an easy call! And maybe the WR fumble late in the game.

I told my wife that the replay guys must have been huddled around the heaters or some thing! :wtf

ENOUGH about the officiating... :bang It is getting repetitive and everyone is sounding like a bunch of whiners.

We won for God's sake... :horns2

What is wrong with everyone around here...everyone HAS to find something negative about the game, rather than celebrate the fact that we won, and the fact that this team is finally showing some improvement. If you think you can do a better job, go through the steps it takes to officiate at this level and get your butt out there and do it, but I guarantee that there will be somebody out there that will criticize you too...so you won't be so perfect either.

We have heard about officiating for several weeks...it is time to get over it. This is becoming a self-prophesy playing itself out. If you want to find bad calls, you will find them. Move on people!!!

i understand your point, and agree to an extent....

i think if we're going to complain about the "game changing" calls when we lose, we should point them out when we win too. on top of that this year has been very bad for officiating(esp. for us). its not that we're looking for something bad, its just so bad, and its happening right under our noses.... its hard to miss

i don't think i could do better, but that doesn't mean i should hold the professionals to any other standard

I thought it was one of the better officiating games...but thats just me. The only thing that pissed me off was the intentional grounding call that the refs had to call only because of the croud. There were a few no calls but it has been worse in other games this year.

Are you saying that it shouldn't have been called intentional grounding or that it took the crowd booing for them to call it??

If you are saying it shouldn't have been called what would you have called? It was either that or a fumble, which Nebraska recovered!! Either way you look at it, the refs this year have been pretty lame, maybe they're thinking too much about instant replay and not enough on the task at hand. The Big 12 and other conferences definitely need to get a handle on this and quick!!

No im saying it took the crowd for them to call it...they shoulda called it right away..it was so obvious.

I don't care if it's pissing or moaning or whatnot, but after watching the Big 12 this year it's SOOO blatantly obvious the calls are very PRO-OFFENSE. I don't know if there's an agenda to make this a total offensive league or what, but it's there. Yes there are some powerful offenses in this league this year, but the ticky tack PI calls, the lack of holding calls on the 0-line, touch a face mask 15/yards, I could go on and on. I've also watched a lot of PAC 10 games and SEC games, the officiating is night and day different in these leagues. I'm more of a defensive guy and could do without these basketball scores, but if Texas wants the officials to rule it this way, I guess that's how it's gonna be.

There's no ifs and buts about it, this league has turned into the PAC 10 of old. The officiating is HORRILBLY one sided.