Sun Bowl or Insight bowl????

Alamo bowl is still not out of the equation. Depends on if we can get a Big 12 team in the BCS and the title game. A long shot yes, but much better than the Sun Bowl! Not really a Pac 10 team out there I care to play.

No way to know at this point. Both the Gator and Sun have the option to pick ND. And there is a good chance the Gator will. Hate that a s&%t ND team will again determine who we play this year. Still remember the mess that was the 2000 bowl season, no way in hell the domers should have been on the field with Oregon St. that year! And does anyone remember that ultra competitive game we had against Northwestern that year? Didn't think so!

Man I hate ND!!!

Here's my guess:

Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, and Oklahoma State will definately finish higher than us. Most likely, 2 will receive BCS bids. Doesn't really matter whom that is, because all 4 will be ahead of us. Missouri, eh, I don't know. They will probably end up higher than us too, but if they get beat by Kansas/South winner I could definately see us getting a higher bowl bid because of our fanbase. With that in mind, here's what i say:

BCS - Texas Tech

BCS - Texas

Cotton - Oklahoma

Gator - Oklahoma State

Holiday - Nebraska/Missouri

Alamo - Nebraska/Missouri

Sun - Kansas

So who knows...I'm assuming we win out and that the Gator Bowl will take Okie State over ND, but who knows if they actually will. If they don't, we'd slide down one bowl on the list. And also, if the Big 12 doesn't get two BCS bids we would slide down again.

Holiday Alamo Bowl?

Alamo bowl is still not out of the equation. Depends on if we can get a Big 12 team in the BCS and the title game. A long shot yes, but much better than the Sun Bowl! Not really a Pac 10 team out there I care to play.

No way to know at this point. Both the Gator and Sun have the option to pick ND. And there is a good chance the Gator will. Hate that a s&%t ND team will again determine who we play this year. Still remember the mess that was the 2000 bowl season, no way in hell the domers should have been on the field with Oregon St. that year! And does anyone remember that ultra competitive game we had against Northwestern that year? Didn't think so!

Man I hate ND!!!

I don't think it's a long shot. I think there's a better than 50/50 chance that the winner of OU/TT beats Mizzou and plays for the national championship. If it's OU, TT would still get a BCS bowl and even if it's TT and OU has two losses, I think UT would still get a BCS bowl.

I think Alamo is actually the most likely for us.

Here's my guess:

Texas Tech, Oklahoma, Texas, and Oklahoma State will definately finish higher than us. Most likely, 2 will receive BCS bids. Doesn't really matter whom that is, because all 4 will be ahead of us. Missouri, eh, I don't know. They will probably end up higher than us too, but if they get beat by Kansas/South winner I could definately see us getting a higher bowl bid because of our fanbase. With that in mind, here's what i say:

BCS - Texas Tech

BCS - Texas

Cotton - Oklahoma

Gator - Oklahoma State

Alamo - Nebraska/Missouri

Holiday - Nebraska/Missouri

Sun - Kansas

So who knows...I'm assuming we win out and that the Gator Bowl will take Okie State over ND, but who knows if they actually will. If they don't, we'd slide down one bowl on the list. And also, if the Big 12 doesn't get two BCS bids we would slide down again.

Holiday Bowl?

I can't think of a single good reason the Gator bowl would rather have OKST than ND. I think you need to take the Gator out of there. Also, you have them ranked wrong. The Alamo should be at the bottom of that list. So it would be...

BCS - Texas Tech

BCS - Texas

Cotton - Oklahoma

Holiday - Oklahoma State

Sun - Missouri

Alamo - Nebraska

Insight - Kansas

I'm also not sure that we can get a higher bowl bid than Missouri just because of our fan base, aren't the Sun and Alamo locked in to who they get based on the final Big12 standings?

Well, ND might have 6 wins and Okie State is a Top 10 team so thats why i would think the Gator would benefit from Okie State. But who knows...

Plus, the order is not wrong. I checked and the Alamo and Holiday should be switched, though. But no matter, really.

07 Holiday - Texas (9-3)

07 Alamo - Texas A&M (7-5)

06 Holiday - Texas A&M (9-3)

06 Alamo - Texas (9-3)

06 Sun - Missouri (8-4)

05 Holiday - Oklahoma (10-1)

05 Alamo - Nebraska (7-4)

The Sun Bowl has only taken a Big 12 team once, and the time that it did its seletion was after the Alamo. So i suppose this changes my predictions a little, i don't know why i mixed up Holiday and Alamo.

I'm also not sure that we can get a higher bowl bid than Missouri just because of our fan base, aren't the Sun and Alamo locked in to who they get based on the final Big12 standings?

Not necessarily, the Bowl committees can still choice the team they feel will best travel, (therefore bring more $$$) or make their decision on pretty much any factor these choose except the contractual tie ins of which conference you have to choose from.