Summary of the NU victroy, Jayhawk Defeat

jayhawk

if you think that kansas is going to win the north next year then your crazy

:bonez:bonez:bonez

Well, i have been saying it all year, and saying Mizzou would win this year, whihc sadly looks to be right. We played a lot of young guys in Lincoln, they will get better, and other than losing some interior lineman and a few good LBs, we are mostly back. Our may opponents are a Maclin (proabbly) and Daniel free Mizzou and you all. I think we are good enough to beat you in Lawrence next year, but it should be a good game. We will see, we have a little strak against you in Lawrence, as you may know. :)

Is Reesing a senior this year? If so what does KU have behind him?

Nope just a junior

For 3 quarters this game was a dead heat, but key factors were in the works. The ability of NU to consistently get first downs, while KU relied on big play, would make a big difference as the game went on. I thought the teams were pretty even talent wise, but NU deserved to win. Here were the factors...

1) WR blocking. KU has more spectacular / big play type WRs, but man those NU guys blocked well. They would lock their guys up and it caused huge issues. If NU got outside, that blocking was worth 5 extra yards, and that made ball control much easier for NU.

2) Helu, that guy played well. He was always a threat and kept the chains moving. He was used in multiple ways, and that made for a long day for KU, as Nebraska established a better run. THat guy played well and all the talk of him as just a dependable utility guy was not really doing him credit. He may not be the best in the country, but he is pretty darn good.

3) Awesome defensive preperation by NU. No one has taken away our shovel pass for an entire game... until now. Blown up each time. Our option fake into a reverse, obviously that had been seen on fil and remember too. They also knew to key on shap in the option read, as Reesing is elusive but not nearly as fast. Reesing got some yard, but Sharp never got going. THe outside option was well defneded, it could get some yards, but was never to be a big play generator.

Finally, KU made it's big plays, but because NU controlled the clock and KU had too many 3 and outs, the KU defense was on the field too long. I think that is why in the 4th quarter NU was so hard for KU to stop. The defense played on the field too much. NU's stategy worked, and it's defense got enough pressure and improved enough to get the stops they need. KU was not the team they were last year, and NU was better than last year (which I think is more about coaching than players), and that combo was enough to turn the tide in Lincoln. I have been saying that next year KU could win the north, I still think it is true, and I think the game in Lawrence should be fun. Could be for the North title, for that matter. I hope some of you all come on down and enjoy what should be a pretty good game.

Congrats to the Huskers, they won and they played the better game.

You missed the biggest key factor.

NU dominated KU up front on both sides of the ball

For 3 quarters this game was a dead heat, but key factors were in the works. The ability of NU to consistently get first downs, while KU relied on big play, would make a big difference as the game went on. I thought the teams were pretty even talent wise, but NU deserved to win. Here were the factors...

1) WR blocking. KU has more spectacular / big play type WRs, but man those NU guys blocked well. They would lock their guys up and it caused huge issues. If NU got outside, that blocking was worth 5 extra yards, and that made ball control much easier for NU.

2) Helu, that guy played well. He was always a threat and kept the chains moving. He was used in multiple ways, and that made for a long day for KU, as Nebraska established a better run. THat guy played well and all the talk of him as just a dependable utility guy was not really doing him credit. He may not be the best in the country, but he is pretty darn good.

3) Awesome defensive preperation by NU. No one has taken away our shovel pass for an entire game... until now. Blown up each time. Our option fake into a reverse, obviously that had been seen on fil and remember too. They also knew to key on shap in the option read, as Reesing is elusive but not nearly as fast. Reesing got some yard, but Sharp never got going. THe outside option was well defneded, it could get some yards, but was never to be a big play generator.

Finally, KU made it's big plays, but because NU controlled the clock and KU had too many 3 and outs, the KU defense was on the field too long. I think that is why in the 4th quarter NU was so hard for KU to stop. The defense played on the field too much. NU's stategy worked, and it's defense got enough pressure and improved enough to get the stops they need. KU was not the team they were last year, and NU was better than last year (which I think is more about coaching than players), and that combo was enough to turn the tide in Lincoln. I have been saying that next year KU could win the north, I still think it is true, and I think the game in Lawrence should be fun. Could be for the North title, for that matter. I hope some of you all come on down and enjoy what should be a pretty good game.

yeah, getting pressure with just 4 guys for nebraska was a huge thing.

Pretty good synopsis. I only listened to it, but it sounded like Briscoe was KU's main weapon. We didn't stop him much but he made a few key drops here and there.

That td to Meier seemed pretty lucky since Hagg failed to complete the total blowup of that play.

Swift's fumble was the only time I felt KU had a chance to seize momentum.

Hows about the Big Red trickeration! 'Fool me once...'

KU seems like Rutgers to me: 1 good yr. Reesing gives them a slight chance in '09, I guess. :restore

I did think the NU o and D lines outplayed KU. I expected that, to be honest. Reesing has been runnning for his life all year and we have won games anyway. I did not expect you WR's to block THAT well, though, that made your outside runs a lot more effective. Sort of like I did not comment on Ganz's game, he can be inconsisitent, but I expected he would play well, like he did last year. Considering our defense is less effective than last year both in pass rush and in coverage. Our LBs are good, as are parts of our secondary, but we can't get pressure with 4 man rush and our corners are an issue (we mis Aqib Talib a LOT, he locked down one side in single coverage and allowed us to over focus on the other).

Pretty good synopsis. I only listened to it, but it sounded like Briscoe was KU's main weapon. We didn't stop him much but he made a few key drops here and there.

That td to Meier seemed pretty lucky since Hagg failed to complete the total blowup of that play.

Swift's fumble was the only time I felt KU had a chance to seize momentum.

Hows about the Big Red trickeration! 'Fool me once...'

KU seems like Rutgers to me: 1 good yr. Reesing gives them a slight chance in '09, I guess. :restore

What happened on that play was our two WRs ran their patterns to close to each other and they were all cluped with NU's corners in a little clump of humanity, so Reesing was not sure what to do, as that was both his Wrs on that side, he had rolled out and his other throws were too far off, so he had to wait or throw it away. I am glad he waited, but thgouth he was doomed, so was not so glad until he pulled that awesomeness out of his hindquarters. That was a stunning play. You can check my earlier quotes, but Dezmon Briscoe is an uberstud. By next year, he is ging to be getting a LOT of attention. He is the real deal. You guys did a good job on meier, not sure what was different, as he has been effective all year, but you did something to shut him down....

If NU doesn't commit the turnovers this game is not even close.

That tells me that NU has better talent and coaching.

I agree we have better talent. I don't agree we have better coaching. The big man took one of the Big 12 doormats, and he won a BCS bowl with them. It might not be quite as remarkable as what Snyder did at KState, but it's pretty darn good if you ask me. I'm not saying our coaches aren't good, but I'm not willing to say they're better than the KU staff at least yet.