A Chance To Help

While numerous people in the world can attest to the fact that I may well be the world's biggest prick, I do have a soft spot for animals. So, for that reason, I post this up in the hopes that members will take few minutes out of their day to help.

If you are not familiar with it, the Animal Rescue Site, in its own words, "focuses the power of the Internet on a specific need - providing food for some of the 27 million unwanted animals given to shelters in the U.S. every year. Over 10 million animals are put to death every year in the U.S. alone because they are abandoned and unwanted."

The site has come up with an ingenious means to feed those animals - in exchange for placing ads on its site, advertisers on the Animal Rescue Site donate food based upon the number of clicks on the large, purple button on the site entitled “Fund Food for Animals. Because of this, your "donation" is free for you - and you can click as often as you like.

If you would take the brief amount of time necessary to visit the site and click the button, not only would I appreciate it (which is, after all, the highest honor to which you can aspire), but so will millions of abandoned or neglected animals.

For those that are wondering, yes, this is legitimate. Google "Animal Rescue Site" and you can find tons of verification. Or, you can verify it via the Snopes web site.

So, please - click the button. Bookmark the site and return to it often. And CLICK THE BUTTON.

Thanks.

Just wanted to add that local animal shelters can use newspaper and shredded paper for their pens. A better place for it than the local land fill.

T_O_B

PS -- AR, I never thought of you as a prick. Then again I also think that all of those people who refer to me as "a-hole" are wrong. Ever if we are, we are the GOOD kind.

T_O_B