Congrats to NU on 2nd place in the North

fro daddy

I don't like getting into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mindset, but this team is literally a couple of plays from being 9-2 and tied with Mizzou atop the North.

So we've made huge strides, and I applaud the coaching staff.

As I've said before, enjoy this time fro, cause after this year the Pinkel ship sinks. Enjoy it! :clap

you would know all about sinking ships ;)

I am enjoying it. I have enjoyed the last 4 years. Unlike KU, MU didnt pop up for one year then, as you said, "sink". This is the fourth straight bowl year, the second straight division championship. I have been enjoying it an awful lot lately. We are not a powerhouse, but I dont expect MU to revert back to what they were pre Pinkel. Mu has built on a steady climb. anyway....

There is no way MU will overlook this game. Its MU vs KU. And in that I believe KU will be on the recieving end of what hostile feelings are left from the snub. People were talking about this game the day after last years.

Anyway friend, you have one thing going this way. after your 6-6 finish this year, I am sure for the first time in the history of your school, KU will go to two straight bowl games. Congrats. :clap

:lol::box:lol:

I don't like getting into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mindset, but this team is literally a couple of plays from being 9-2 and tied with Mizzou atop the North.

As I've said before, enjoy this time fro, cause after this year the Pinkel ship sinks. Enjoy it! :clap

I am enjoying it. I have enjoyed the last 4 years. Unlike KU, MU didnt pop up for one year then, as you said, "sink". This is the fourth straight bowl year, the second straight division championship. I have been enjoying it an awful lot lately. We are not a powerhouse, but I dont expect MU to revert back to what they were pre Pinkel. Mu has built on a steady climb. anyway....

There is no way MU will overlook this game. Its MU vs KU. And in that I believe KU will be on the recieving end of what hostile feelings are left from the snub. People were talking about this game the day after last years.

Anyway friend, you have one thing going this way. after your 6-6 finish this year, I am sure for the first time in the history of your school, KU will go to two straight bowl games. Congrats. :clap

Keep in mind "North Chumpions" KU still has the better overall record in our rivalry. KU lost a lot of Seniors and 3 All-Americans from last years team-add on the extremely difficult schedule-and we've taken a step back. But it won't be for long. I expect KU to come back next year and be the favorite for the North, as MU won't be able to recover from what they're about to lose. It's hard to replace quality QB's and it's extremely difficult to replace a coach. Both things you'll be facing next season. Oh, and don't you guys lose like 10 of 11 starters on defense? Have fun!! You're not USC, so forget about reloading. You'll come back down to reality. Mark my words good friend. :)

See you at Arrowhead. :box

:rollin:rollin hate to say it but Kansas was a real letdown this year, unless they beat Mizzou which I don't think will happen they are back on track of mediocracy.

I would hate to say it too! Mediocracy huh? What bowl did you guys win last year? :clap

not going to get into it but you know the old saying right? "the sun shines on a dog's *** every once in awhile" and if KU is not mediocre explain why they could end up .500 this year?? You would think that after the miracle season that they had something going this year, wasn't the case, therefore they are back at where they started... MEDIOCRE

ok i got into it :box

:rollin:rollin hate to say it but Kansas was a real letdown this year, unless they beat Mizzou which I don't think will happen they are back on track of mediocracy.

I would hate to say it too! Mediocracy huh? What bowl did you guys win last year? :clap

not going to get into it but you know the old saying right? "the sun shines on a dog's *** every once in awhile" and if KU is not mediocre explain why they could end up .500 this year?? You would think that after the miracle season that they had something going this year, wasn't the case, therefore they are back at where they started... MEDIOCRE

If you didn't want to get into it, then why did you post? <_< To be honest, KU was a doormat from 98-2003 (The good ole Terry Allen years) so I guess I'll take Medicority. :) Let's just put it this way-flip our game this year (play it in Lawrence) can you honestly tell me the Huskers would have won? I seriously doubt it.

Keep in mind "North Chumpions" KU still has the better overall record in our rivalry. KU lost a lot of Seniors and 3 All-Americans from last years team-add on the extremely difficult schedule-and we've taken a step back. But it won't be for long. I expect KU to come back next year and be the favorite for the North, as MU won't be able to recover from what they're about to lose. It's hard to replace quality QB's and it's extremely difficult to replace a coach. Both things you'll be facing next season. Oh, and don't you guys lose like 10 of 11 starters on defense? Have fun!! You're not USC, so forget about reloading. You'll come back down to reality. Mark my words good friend. :)

7 of 11 on defense, but unlike KU, since we win and win big most of the time it is a rotation of players at all postions that play. Including the 10 true freshman that have seen the field in about every game this year. In fact. I believe there is only 1 game that our second team O and D have not played, and played often.

And BTW, Mu leads the series. Even for you KU fans that, like your school, refuse to listen to the NCAA and acknowledge your forced forfeit. It would still be tied. SO you are really losing, in your eyes tied, but by no means are you leading. so take that!... chuckleshuffle

If you didn't want to get into it, then why did you post? <_< To be honest, KU was a doormat from 98-2003 (The good ole Terry Allen years) so I guess I'll take Medicority. :) Let's just put it this way-flip our game this year (play it in Lawrence) can you honestly tell me the Huskers would have won? I seriously doubt it.

:bang ok, i was glad to see KU win last year seriously, it was a great run, who knows they might keep it going and then again they might not. Asking me if we would have won at KU this year is just plain silly, would KU have won at NU last year? dedhoarse now i am really not getting into it, beat Mizzou and win your bowl game and you have just changed my mind.

:bang ok, i was glad to see KU win last year seriously, it was a great run, who knows they might keep it going and then again they might not. Asking me if we would have won at KU this year is just plain silly, would KU have won at NU last year? dedhoarse now i am really not getting into it, beat Mizzou and win your bowl game and you have just changed my mind.

Way to go holvy83.....lay out the impossible. Now JGS will NEVER get your respect. <_<

Way to go holvy83.....lay out the impossible. Now JGS will NEVER get your respect. <_<

fro...you kill me :nutz i'll step aside now and let you fine lads settle the battle of the up and comers in KC. Seriously though all schools had a good year, some above, some below, but all in all nothing but bowl games and hype for next year awaits :)

fro...you kill me :nutz i'll step aside now and let you fine lads settle the battle of the up and comers in KC. Seriously though all schools had a good year, some above, some below, but all in all nothing but bowl games and hype for next year awaits :)

I can't help it. I am a smart a** anyway, but when its with KU it gets kicked up a few levels. :lol:

Its all in good fun and if I ever really met JSG, I would buy the first round :cheers

I can't help it. I am a smart a** anyway, but when its with KU it gets kicked up a few levels. :lol:

Its all in good fun and if I ever really met JSG, I would buy the first round :cheers

i drink to dat :wasted

It is all in good fun. I mean, if KU didn't have a heated rival like MU, then this wouldn't be as much fun.

I will say I took your approach last year about all the players we had with game experience coming back. I really drank the kool-aid and was convinced they wouldn't miss a beat because of their valuable experience. I really underestimated the leaders we lost though. It's hard to replace Talib's, Collins, and McAnderson's. As will it be to replace the Daniel's, Coffman's, and Moore's.

I guess we should both hope this rivalry continues to get the attention it's received as of late. Here's to a good game at Arrowhead, and I would take you up on that drink. :) But only after we win! :)

7 of 11 on defense, but unlike KU, since we win and win big most of the time it is a rotation of players at all postions that play. Including the 10 true freshman that have seen the field in about every game this year. In fact. I believe there is only 1 game that our second team O and D have not played, and played often.

And BTW, Mu leads the series. Even for you KU fans that, like your school, refuse to listen to the NCAA and acknowledge your forced forfeit. It would still be tied. SO you are really losing, in your eyes tied, but by no means are you leading. so take that!... chuckleshuffle

LOL. BTW, KU and MU will be arguing over that "phantom" game long after we're both barried and gone! Lets just call it a draw and drink to that!! :cheers That's as far as I'm going though.

I'll leave you with the quote my best friend tells me before every Chiefs/Broncos game (he is a Denver fan) "For 60 minutes, we're not friends".

So, on Novemeber 29th, "For 60 minutes, we're not friends". :steam