Congrats to NU on 2nd place in the North

fro daddy

I don't like getting into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mindset, but this team is literally a couple of plays from being 9-2 and tied with Mizzou atop the North.

So we've made huge strides, and I applaud the coaching staff.

As I've said before, enjoy this time fro, cause after this year the Pinkel ship sinks. Enjoy it! :clap

you would know all about sinking ships ;)

I am enjoying it. I have enjoyed the last 4 years. Unlike KU, MU didnt pop up for one year then, as you said, "sink". This is the fourth straight bowl year, the second straight division championship. I have been enjoying it an awful lot lately. We are not a powerhouse, but I dont expect MU to revert back to what they were pre Pinkel. Mu has built on a steady climb. anyway....

There is no way MU will overlook this game. Its MU vs KU. And in that I believe KU will be on the recieving end of what hostile feelings are left from the snub. People were talking about this game the day after last years.

Anyway friend, you have one thing going this way. after your 6-6 finish this year, I am sure for the first time in the history of your school, KU will go to two straight bowl games. Congrats. :clap

:lol::box:lol:

Keep in mind "North Chumpions" KU still has the better overall record in our rivalry. KU lost a lot of Seniors and 3 All-Americans from last years team-add on the extremely difficult schedule-and we've taken a step back. But it won't be for long. I expect KU to come back next year and be the favorite for the North, as MU won't be able to recover from what they're about to lose. It's hard to replace quality QB's and it's extremely difficult to replace a coach. Both things you'll be facing next season. Oh, and don't you guys lose like 10 of 11 starters on defense? Have fun!! You're not USC, so forget about reloading. You'll come back down to reality. Mark my words good friend. :)

See you at Arrowhead. :box

7 of 11 on defense, but unlike KU, since we win and win big most of the time it is a rotation of players at all postions that play. Including the 10 true freshman that have seen the field in about every game this year. In fact. I believe there is only 1 game that our second team O and D have not played, and played often.

And BTW, Mu leads the series. Even for you KU fans that, like your school, refuse to listen to the NCAA and acknowledge your forced forfeit. It would still be tied. SO you are really losing, in your eyes tied, but by no means are you leading. so take that!... chuckleshuffle

LOL. BTW, KU and MU will be arguing over that "phantom" game long after we're both barried and gone! Lets just call it a draw and drink to that!! :cheers That's as far as I'm going though.

I'll leave you with the quote my best friend tells me before every Chiefs/Broncos game (he is a Denver fan) "For 60 minutes, we're not friends".

So, on Novemeber 29th, "For 60 minutes, we're not friends". :steam

If anything could bring KU/MU fans together it would be our crappy Chiefs. I think they may have broke my heart more often than MU. Its close though :lol:

I don't like getting into the "woulda, coulda, shoulda" mindset, but this team is literally a couple of plays from being 9-2 and tied with Mizzou atop the North.

So we've made huge strides, and I applaud the coaching staff.

As I've said before, enjoy this time fro, cause after this year the Pinkel ship sinks. Enjoy it! :clap

you would know all about sinking ships ;)

I am enjoying it. I have enjoyed the last 4 years. Unlike KU, MU didnt pop up for one year then, as you said, "sink". This is the fourth straight bowl year, the second straight division championship. I have been enjoying it an awful lot lately. We are not a powerhouse, but I dont expect MU to revert back to what they were pre Pinkel. Mu has built on a steady climb. anyway....

There is no way MU will overlook this game. Its MU vs KU. And in that I believe KU will be on the recieving end of what hostile feelings are left from the snub. People were talking about this game the day after last years.

Anyway friend, you have one thing going this way. after your 6-6 finish this year, I am sure for the first time in the history of your school, KU will go to two straight bowl games. Congrats. :clap

:lol::box:lol:

Keep in mind "North Chumpions" KU still has the better overall record in our rivalry. KU lost a lot of Seniors and 3 All-Americans from last years team-add on the extremely difficult schedule-and we've taken a step back. But it won't be for long. I expect KU to come back next year and be the favorite for the North, as MU won't be able to recover from what they're about to lose. It's hard to replace quality QB's and it's extremely difficult to replace a coach. Both things you'll be facing next season. Oh, and don't you guys lose like 10 of 11 starters on defense? Have fun!! You're not USC, so forget about reloading. You'll come back down to reality. Mark my words good friend. :)

See you at Arrowhead. :box

7 of 11 on defense, but unlike KU, since we win and win big most of the time it is a rotation of players at all postions that play. Including the 10 true freshman that have seen the field in about every game this year. In fact. I believe there is only 1 game that our second team O and D have not played, and played often.

And BTW, Mu leads the series. Even for you KU fans that, like your school, refuse to listen to the NCAA and acknowledge your forced forfeit. It would still be tied. SO you are really losing, in your eyes tied, but by no means are you leading. so take that!... chuckleshuffle

Good point...that's going to be very helpful getting those freshman going

Daniel is taking Missouri's only shot at continuing success with him at graduation.

Without ol' Chase I am afraid Missouri will be in for a rough couple years... He was a one-of-a-kind player.

Although I agree Chase is a good player, and did raise our bar. The same thing was said about Brad Smith and with 1 talented Fresh. QB and 3 more coming in this year (one that I think is really going to push Gabert) I am on a wait and see approach. For all we know, there may be another 3-4 year starter waiting to light people up.

Thanks, and congrats to your first place finish

Just a friendly word of advise . . . be ready for the next three years. Notice what happened to the last team to "steal" one of NU's QB commits? <_<

I've come to the conclusion that any QB Clownahan went after is going to have a bad to awful college career. Harrison Beck transferred only to be demoted to what 3rd string? Freeman I would say hasn't lived up to his hype. Only time will tell if Clownahan was 3 out of 3.

Daniel is taking Missouri's only shot at continuing success with him at graduation.

Without ol' Chase I am afraid Missouri will be in for a rough couple years... He was a one-of-a-kind player.

Although I agree Chase is a good player, and did raise our bar. The same thing was said about Brad Smith and with 1 talented Fresh. QB and 3 more coming in this year (one that I think is really going to push Gabert) I am on a wait and see approach. For all we know, there may be another 3-4 year starter waiting to light people up.

Wow, just wow. Chase might be a good/great QB at Mizzou, but I don't think he can even hold Brad Smith's jockstrap. Brad Smith accomplished what only one other D1 QB has ever accomplished and he did it as a sophomore. Just because Pickle labotomized him doesn't make him a lesser QB compared to Daniel. If I were building a team, I'd take 100 Brad Smith's before I'd take one single Daniel.

Thanks, and congrats to your first place finish

Just a friendly word of advise . . . be ready for the next three years. Notice what happened to the last team to "steal" one of NU's QB commits? <_<

I've come to the conclusion that any QB Clownahan went after is going to have a bad to awful college career. Harrison Beck transferred only to be demoted to what 3rd string? Freeman I would say hasn't lived up to his hype. Only time will tell if Clownahan was 3 out of 3.

Wow, just wow. Chase might be a good/great QB at Mizzou, but I don't think he can even hold Brad Smith's jockstrap. Brad Smith accomplished what only one other D1 QB has ever accomplished and he did it as a sophomore. Just because Pickle labotomized him doesn't make him a lesser QB compared to Daniel. If I were building a team, I'd take 100 Brad Smith's before I'd take one single Daniel.

All I was saying is i have heard the "just wait till he leaves" thing before. It used to be "brad smith is your whole team. Once he is gone you will go back to being 'Missouri' ". Brad and Chase are COMPLETELY different QB's. But if I could have changed one thing, i would have wanted to see what brad could have done with 4 years in the spread. he only played 2005 in our current system and at times look unstopable.

You can thank your moron coach Pickle for that. I mean who takes a spread oriented QB who runs like grease lightening and tries to make him into a drop back passer? Oh wait, I guess we had one of those around here. It's about as successful as trying to make a drop back passer into a spread option QB. Go ask Rich Rod. how that worked out.

You can thank your moron coach Pickle for that. I mean who takes a spread oriented QB who runs like grease lightening and tries to make him into a drop back passer? Oh wait, I guess we had one of those around here. It's about as successful as trying to make a drop back passer into a spread option QB. Go ask Rich Rod. how that worked out.

2004 was a freakin disaster

To be fair To Pinkel, Brad Smith just wasn't a very accurate passer. I would run out of fingers and toes remembering all of the wide open receivers he missed. He was a fantastic running Quarterback but his passing game was less than stellar.

Chase is by far the better QB than Brad. No comparison. I loved it when KU played against Brad Smith. Beat him 3 straight years. He was KU's most valuable player!! :)