Better Bowl

Best bowl would be the Gator because it is more prestigious being on New Years day. It is an outside chance now but if USC smokes Notre Dame it might happen. While unfair they probably would place Florida State or Miami as the opponent. Of course if they want tickets sold it will be Florida State because Miami fans won't cross the street to watch their team.

All the New Years games pay more as well.

Best bowl would be the Gator because it is more prestigious being on New Years day. It is an outside chance now but if USC smokes Notre Dame it might happen. While unfair they probably would place Florida State or Miami as the opponent. Of course if they want tickets sold it will be Florida State because Miami fans won't cross the street to watch their team.

The more I think about. I would think the Gator would actually make more money with NU there. The advertisers are going to be there regardless. I dont beleive the TV ratings will be higher with ND instead of NU (the opponent could make the difference). Finally, NU fans will/should fill the stadium. Can the same be said about the casual ND fans?

ACC teams are falling apart right and left. Miami is the only team that actually looks like it has improved this year.

First it looked like any team with one conf loss would be in their CG. Now they have just 1 team in each division with 2 losses, and a decent chance that both of them will still lose.

That means that the BCS rep will be the team that fell apart the least; the Peach/ChickFilA whatever bowl that gets #2 will get the next survivor, that couldn't win the CG game; the Gator and below will get the ones that couldn't survive in that weak conference. I'm not too worried about who we'd get in the Gator Bowl if we're selected. It'll be a team with something on their resume, but plenty of failures too. We'll be even up or better than them.

When is the actual bowl selection? Doesn't ESPN have a bowl selection special every year or something? Or when does it have to be decided? I think it's middle of December, but can't remember.

It's always been the day after the conference championship games, so it'd be Dec 7 this year, on Fox at 8pm eastern. I think they announce the BCS bowls on this show, and either zip through the other bowls at the end or you can find them online at that time.

Yeah I understand we'd have to play Miami in Tallahassee but Nebraska vs. Iowa doesn't have that pop with the national media that Nebraska vs. Miami would have... or even Nebraska vs. Florida State which is another possibility.

We'd get more media mileage out of the gator bowl matchups than anything else. Similar to the mileage we got out of the Michigan bowl game two years ago... except magnified by being a New Years game and people already saying Miami is "back". Beating the U on New Years on National TV would be a great coming out party leading into what should be a relatively easy schedule next year with a very young team.

Well said B-shirt. I think a trip to the Alamo Bowl would be a good, yet more comfortable trip for the 'skers, but a trip to Florida, and a hopeful win over Miami in Florida, would put our team miles miles ahead at the end of Bo's first year.

Yeah I understand we'd have to play Miami in Tallahassee but Nebraska vs. Iowa doesn't have that pop with the national media that Nebraska vs. Miami would have... or even Nebraska vs. Florida State which is another possibility.

We'd get more media mileage out of the gator bowl matchups than anything else. Similar to the mileage we got out of the Michigan bowl game two years ago... except magnified by being a New Years game and people already saying Miami is "back". Beating the U on New Years on National TV would be a great coming out party leading into what should be a relatively easy schedule next year with a very young team.

I agree. Whether NU plays and beats Miami or FSU I'd really happy.

When is the actual bowl selection? Doesn't ESPN have a bowl selection special every year or something? Or when does it have to be decided? I think it's middle of December, but can't remember.

It's always been the day after the conference championship games, so it'd be Dec 7 this year, on Fox at 8pm eastern. I think they announce the BCS bowls on this show, and either zip through the other bowls at the end or you can find them online at that time.

Ok. I'll be watching! I couldn't remember and I can't seem to find any information when or what channels it might be on.

I think the best options would be going back to the Alamo Bowl with Pelini or going to the Gator Bowl on New Years Day in Pelini's first year AND we would take Notre Dame's spot in that game if we get into it. :moreinteresting

I agree that the Alamo Bowl would be great. Didn't the Gator Bowl say they would take a 7-5 Notre Dame over an 8-4 Nebraska? The Gator would be good because we're playing on New Years Day, but the Alamo would be kinda neat as that was the bowl he was interim hc for. We want Bo! We want Bo! We want Bo! Now... We got Bo! We got Bo! We got Bo!

I'm just so excited we're talking bowls again! GBR

Well said. :horns2

If Nebraska plays Miami in the Gator Bowl, I'd honestly be surprised if there were more Miami fans than Husker fans in the stands. Jacksonville is a long way from south Florida, and Miami doesn't fill up its own stadium. I'd love to see the Huskers in the Gator Bowl.

funny side note, I live in KC and on my way to work this morning, i heard a KU fan call in and relate a story about some Gator Bowl 'officials' telling him on Saturday that they really like the idea of having KU play in their bowl this year. Not to make fun of KU's program, but someone was either really trashed or really delusional.

If Nebraska plays Miami in the Gator Bowl, I'd honestly be surprised if there were more Miami fans than Husker fans in the stands. Jacksonville is a long way from south Florida, and Miami doesn't fill up its own stadium. I'd love to see the Huskers in the Gator Bowl.

funny side note, I live in KC and on my way to work this morning, i heard a KU fan call in and relate a story about some Gator Bowl 'officials' telling him on Saturday that they really like the idea of having KU play in their bowl this year. Not to make fun of KU's program, but someone was either really trashed or really delusional.

Hilarious....I'd love to see NU in the Gator Bowl, I'd be going. The Gator Bowl has a tie in with Notre Dame first, but the "experts" are saying they might pick a 8-4 Nebraska team on a 3 game winning streak over Notre Dame. Not too likely they'd pick a 6-6 KU team on a losing streak.