CU FAN: great, or THE greatest FAN in CFB?!

zE bOp

Being born and raised in metro Denver, attending high school in Denver, attending two years of college in Colorado, and being a CU fan growing up as a child, I wish that I could say that I will be rooting for CU this week. However, after the laser pointer "incident" last week vs. OSU and Zac Robinson (a former grad of the same high school I attended), I have had enough with hot-headed, pompous, daddy's trust fund spoiled, classless CU fans and students. I hate to say it, but I will be rooting for the Huskers.

With family that lives in Lincoln, and previous trips to Lincoln to play the Huskers baseball team during my college days not too long ago, I would have to say that Huskers fans, along with just about any other school in the Big 12 aside from CU, are the most passionate sports fans in the nation. My days of playing college baseball led me to schools like Nebraska, Texas A&M, Kansas, OU, OSU and other midwestern schools--All of which had one thing in common that CU fans don't: Pride and passion for their Universities sports teams.

The majority of CU fans go to the game as a social event, the outcome of the game could mean less...especially to the students! What really pushes me over the edge is the students, alumni, and student-athlete's lack of respect for their competition, whether win or lose. The majority of the students have the mentality that they are the most superior student body of all schools in the state, and the nation for that matter. They continually fail to realize that the one and only state school that are eligible to carry that mentality are the ladies and gents south on I-25 at the Air Force Academy. And after meeting Academy grads, they wouldn't even come close to having this type of mentality.

I wish I could speak out to the masses and show everyone that Colorado is one of the most beautiful, great places to live in the nation, because it is. But for those of you who have only visited Boulder and no where else, realize that Boulder and the majority of its citizens are a different breed from the rest of the state, and it is reflected at CU sporting events.

If any CU fans read this board, I don't want to hear it. I think that the majority speaks when they say you are classless, its a fact!

I am reluctant to say this, but oh well.......GO HSUKERS!

No one could argue that CO is about the most beautiful state, except most farmers hate mountains!

I've been to Boulder, not to a game, but it is a gorgeous town/setting.

I love the state of CO, just not the Buffs. I even find myself hoping they win when they play out of conference, but when the fans keep doing stupid things it is hard to be enthusiastic about it.

GBR

Subthread: GBR FAN, how much DON'T you root for Puffs; that is, how much and how bad do you want them to lose?

4 ME--I want Puffs to lose all games forever and ever 'til the end of time EXCEPT: if a Puff win somehow benefits GBR!!! :w00t

SENSITIVE BUFFALOES

Three PUFF fans were at a CU/NU game in Boulder - Steve, Bruce and Jed. They were high up in the stadium, near the edge, throwing beer bottles at Husker fans, their team having been trounced by GBR . Steve falls off and is killed instantly.

As the ambulance takes the body away, Bruce says, "Someone should go and tell his wife."

Jed says, "OK, I'm pretty good at that sensitive stuff, I'll do it."

Two hours later, he comes back carrying a case of beer.

Bruce says, "Where did you get that, Jed?"

"Steve's wife gave it to me," Jed replies.

"That's unbelievable, you told the lady her husband was dead and she gave you beer?"

Well, not exactly", Jed says. "When she answered the door, I said to her, 'You must be Steve's widow'."

She said, "No, I'm not a widow!"

And I said, "I'll bet you a case of Coor's Lite you are.

Being born and raised in metro Denver, attending high school in Denver, attending two years of college in Colorado, and being a CU fan growing up as a child, I wish that I could say that I will be rooting for CU this week. However, after the laser pointer "incident" last week vs. OSU and Zac Robinson (a former grad of the same high school I attended), I have had enough with hot-headed, pompous, daddy's trust fund spoiled, classless CU fans and students. I hate to say it, but I will be rooting for the Huskers.

***SNIP***

Welcome into the light, my son. Bask in its glow, be comforted by its warmth...

Whoa, I know this Puff fan who wanted to become a vegan, right?

He was looking at the pictures in this vegan book and came across a few simple words that he struggled to sound out: "seh, seh, soh, soooy....SOY, mih, mih, miill, MILK!"

He's like, "Dude, Y do they call it 'I AM MILK?'"

(Uh, STUUUU-PID!)

Dur da durr dur dur.

Dur-ga dur, DURR DURR DURR!

DUR DA DEE DURR DURR!!! DUUUUURRRR!!!!

I just wanted to provide a Cliff Notes version of this Husker wankfest for anyone too lazy to read the whole thread.

You're welcome. :thumbs

Case in point.

No further message.

Whoa, I know this Puff fan who wanted to become a vegan, right?

He was looking at the pictures in this vegan book and came across a few simple words that he struggled to sound out: "seh, seh, soh, soooy....SOY, mih, mih, miill, MILK!"

He's like, "Dude, Y do they call it 'I AM MILK?'"

(Uh, STUUUU-PID!)

Your posts make my brain hurt a whole lot.

Someday one of those Buff fans is going to have to tell me how they do that "urine filled balloon trick. I can never find a balloon big enough to stretch over my dick and end up pissing on my shoes.... <_<

You should also try sticking a nail through a marshmallow, throwing it, and seeing how capable of a projectile it makes. The key to your typical "that's nothin', one time a CU fan _______ at me when I was in Boulder" story from a Husker fan is its complete and utter lack of grounding in reality and/or the laws of physics.

Nice come back, don't think we can recover from that one. Guess you 'GOT' us!

At sCUm they only use Cliffs notes right? I mean, they don't have books there I heard.

Yes... were it not for its dearth of legitimate literature, my precious alma mater might have also soared to the lofty scholarly heights required to produce a graduate who would go on to invent the McRib sandwich.

:sigh:

By the way man, and this is purely just a personal note, could you add a couple more pictures to your signature? It's not nearly big enough.

Hey the McRib is a pretty awesome sammich.... whoever graduated the inventor of that one deserves a pat on the back! :horns2

At sCUm they only use Cliffs notes right? I mean, they don't have books there I heard.

Yes... were it not for its dearth of legitimate literature, my precious alma mater might have also soared to the lofty scholarly heights required to produce a graduate who would go on to invent the McRib sandwich.

By the way man, and this is purely just a personal note, could you add a couple more pictures to your signature? It's not nearly big enough.

Hey the McRib is a pretty awesome sammich.... whoever graduated the inventor of that one deserves a pat on the back! :horns2

Yeah, I always liked that one, but didnt they nix it?

Someday one of those Buff fans is going to have to tell me how they do that "urine filled balloon trick. I can never find a balloon big enough to stretch over my dick and end up pissing on my shoes.... <_<

You should also try sticking a nail through a marshmallow, throwing it, and seeing how capable of a projectile it makes. The key to your typical "that's nothin', one time a CU fan _______ at me when I was in Boulder" story from a Husker fan is its complete and utter lack of grounding in reality and/or the laws of physics.

Dont they have a class at 'Puff College' called, "Piss Balloon Fiziks? "? I mean, it IS a projectile... :yeah:yeah I think it's down the hall from their 'cun-poo-der' labs.

Yeah, I always liked that one, but didnt they nix it?

Also, I'm still waiting for the buffalo burger to be reinvented @ UNL and marketed thru Mickey D's.