Pelini's salary

np_husker

This is from the journalstar.com blog.

A Pinkel raise and a Wildcat search

Some mentioned Gary Pinkel as a possible candidate for Washington, but it appears the Missouri coach is staying put.

Sources are telling ESPN.com that Pinkel has agreed in principal to a contract extension with Missouri that will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the country.

It's being reported that the deal will put his new annual salary at about $2.5 million.

As one source told ESPN: "Basically, he'll be able to end his career at Missouri."

I don't know how much Bo Pelini is making, but do you think it's fair or do you think he should make more based on what other coaches are making these days?

Some mentioned Gary Pinkel as a possible candidate for Washington, but it appears the Missouri coach is staying put.

Sources are telling ESPN.com that Pinkel has agreed in principal to a contract extension with Missouri that will make him one of the highest-paid coaches in the country.

It's being reported that the deal will put his new annual salary at about $2.5 million.

As one source told ESPN: "Basically, he'll be able to end his career at Missouri."

I don't know how much Bo Pelini is making, but do you think it's fair or do you think he should make more based on what other coaches are making these days?

Bo make around 1 mill. Thats pretty fair considering he had no experiance and hasnt finished his first year yet.

As I recall, he's making a bit over $1 million a year, which I think is fair for a first time head coach that still has a lot to prove. If he continues to build on the success he's had this year, and finishes next year strong, I would expect to see him get an extension and a bump in pay.

Heres what the big 12 coaches were making coming into this season. I found two differnt sources that have different numbers. I dont know which is correct, but I believe the second includes money from indorsments and coaches shows and the 'extras'

1. Mack Brown (Texas) $2.8 million

2. Bob Stoops (Oklahoma) $2.65 million

3. Mangino (KU) $2.3 million

4. Pinkel (MU) $1.85 million

5. Mike Sherman (Texas A&M) $1.8 million

6. Mike Leach (Texas Tech) $1.65 million

7. Bo Pelini (Nebraska) $1.6 million

8. Art Briles (Baylor) $1.4 million

9. Dan Hawkins (Colorado) $1.1 million

10. Gene Chizik (Iowa State) $1 million

11. Mike Gundy (Okla. State) $953,000

12. Ron Prince (Kansas State) $754,140

1. Bob Stoops (Oklahoma) $6,500,000

2. Mack Brown (Texas) $2,910,000

3. Mark Mangino (Kansas) $2,300,000

4. Gary Pinkel (Missouri) $1,875,000

5. Mike Sherman (Texas A&M) $1,800,000

6. Art Briles (Baylor) $1,800,000

7. Mike Leach (Texas Tech) $1,750,000

8. Bo Pelini (Nebraska) $1,100,000

9. Dan Hawkins (Colorado) $1,100,000

10. Gene Chizik (Iowa St.) $1,100,000

11. Ron Prince (Kansas St). $1,100,000

12. Mike Gundy(Oklahoma St.) $1,050,000

Stoops' $6.5 million this year is largely due to the $3 million longevity bonus that he gets for staying through 2008. That bonus was added to his contract 3 or 4 years ago. His standard pay package is just over 3 million this year.

No wonder he has stayed away from the pros.. 6.5 million........security knowing he is a god here to boot...

Kinda makes me want to :nutz

That makes me feel so insignificant when I look at my salary compared to theirs....balh!

To be fair, those guys work a long time, and for a long time they don't make peanuts. Minimum wage livin! Then it is not like many of them cash in on top. Among those who can make coordinator and start getting a nice wage, it is not like there is any guarantee of a long career. I mean, lets say even with his Buy out ROn Prince banked a few Million bucks. The guy was not in his job very long, and while he bascially one a little bit of the lotto, he flared out pretty fast and that can happen...

Man I can't believe Sherman is making more than Bo

As bad as A&M is, I would still like to point out that Sherman did coach an NFL Playoff team...granted one of the all time greats was his QB, I don't think Bo should get paid more than him....

PLUS A&M has wayyyyyyyy more cash to burn than we do...