Pay Up Cy

jayhawk

Please post your picture in the Jayhawk gear. I believe some others took the KU will have a losing season bet, and those who did, well, pics needing to be posted...

Not trying to be a jerk, but I have a NU and an ISU winter hat and was ready to do my duty if I lost....

Would love to see Cy in the Jayhawk gear....don't think he can afford it though...or stomach it, since he would break out in hives or something. I think when he said that he was drinking the Kool Aid like a lot of us were until we actually played someone other than ourselves and reality kicked in. I was sure slurping it down, I know that. I predicted that we would win the North, but after playing 3 games I "knew" that wasn't going to happen - well we came pretty damn close didn't we? All we would have needed to do is either beat MU or have someone like ISU pull an upset on MU and we would have won it.

BTW, congratulations to KU on a fantastic game played against MU yesterday...that was one of the best games of the year for the Big 12, but there were several games this weekend that were good for the Big 12 as a whole, like NU-CU, and the first 3 Quarters of the OU-OSU game. I think our conference has gained a lot this year in prominence in the NCAA's and media's eyes, which will be good for recruiting, which will only makes us that much better hopefully.

After having my retenue of lawyers and advisors pour over the "agreement" which was made last spring, all parties involved have ruled that the results were a "push"

(jayhawk @ Apr 1 2008, 09:23 PM)

As for Cy's prediction on KU, I bet he was making it all last year too. Not gonna start that fight over, but I tell you this, I am ready for the "I am wrong" statement come December when we have another nice season (9-3 is my call, but we will see). I figure I should be hearing from Cy at 8-4 or better, since he says 6-6 or worse. If we do not have a winning record, a "CY is right, I am WRONG" post is coming. I also own and Iowa State hat, I will wear it in honor of Cy (I actually like Iowa State, they do try) if I lose the bet. We can talk all we want, proof will be coming in the pudding....

Since I only have to say I was wrong if the Jayhawks finished 8-4 (your condition, not mine)...I am not, under the conditions set forth in the bet, technically wrong. Therefore, since the Jayhawks season did not meet the "wrong" criteria as stated above, neither of us is required to don the hat of the other's team. Which is good because if a Jayhawk hat actually sat on my head, my hair would catch on fire... <_<

In a related move, my team of legal advisors is now investigating whether or not Pinkel threw the game at Arrowhead in order to invalidate Cy's prediction....it's the only explanation.

After having my retenue of lawyers and advisors pour over the "agreement" which was made last spring, all parties involved have ruled that the results were a "push"

As for Cy's prediction on KU, I bet he was making it all last year too. Not gonna start that fight over, but I tell you this, I am ready for the "I am wrong" statement come December when we have another nice season (9-3 is my call, but we will see). I figure I should be hearing from Cy at 8-4 or better, since he says 6-6 or worse. If we do not have a winning record, a "CY is right, I am WRONG" post is coming. I also own and Iowa State hat, I will wear it in honor of Cy (I actually like Iowa State, they do try) if I lose the bet. We can talk all we want, proof will be coming in the pudding....

Since I only have to say I was wrong if the Jayhawks finished 8-4 (your condition, not mine)...I am not, under the conditions set forth in the bet, technically wrong. Therefore, since the Jayhawks season did not meet the "wrong" criteria as stated above, neither of us is required to don the hat of the other's team. Which is good because if a Jayhawk hat actually sat on my head, my hair would catch on fire... <_<

In a related move, my team of legal advisors is now investigating whether or not Pinkel threw the game at Arrowhead in order to invalidate Cy's prediction....it's the only explanation.

:sarcasm Oh sure Cy, hide behind your lawyers....would have been cheaper just to go out and buy a jersey and have your son take the picture and post it....would have been almost painless...and everyone would think you were a real stand up kind of guy....but oh no....you had to get the lawyers involved. I am disappointed in you!! :LOLtartar

:sarcasm Oh sure Cy, hide behind your lawyers....would have been cheaper just to go out and buy a jersey and have your son take the picture and post it....would have been almost painless...and everyone would think you were a real stand up kind of guy....but oh no....you had to get the lawyers involved. I am disappointed in you!! :LOLtartar

Hey, now! I think Cy's actions were not only acceptable, but should be emulated by everyone! Keep lawyers employed!!!!!

I didn't point this out earlier but....Jayhawk offered up the same bet to everyone on the board and a certain poster who shall go nameless (YOU) also took him up on the bet so...unless you want to share a post with me showing off the latest in powder blue, you should probably talk to the law firm I use: Lye & Cheatum...

I would like to point out what you and JGS picked as your record. 10-2 for JGS and 9-3 for you. http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.ph...cord&st=100

I believe I said 9-3 or 8-4, but 9-3 was my main pick, but I was pretty in between and for good reason. I thought the USF game was a tossup, and we lost the tossup.... In hindsight, we should have won that game. I had not counted on our 3 south of opponents all being top 7 teams, I had hoped we would get one of those games, since 2 were at home, but they were better than I thought. Finally, I did not count on losing to Nebraska, but I never was sure we would win, I thought we would be favorites. If you can find some post contradicitng any of these points, well, good luck....

KU was not as good this year as I had hoped. I knew losing Talib would hurt, but it was worse than I hoped. Same was true with the pass rush lost from McClinton and the damage done by our two tackles leaving. Reesing ran for his life too much this year, but they got better.

I think KU is the favorite to win the north, followed by NU the MU, and the year after that we are in some trouble, we have a lot of key seniors next year and I think Dezmon Briscoe may go Pro after then end of next year....

That is so weak.

That is so weak.

Off topic, but your nickname and pic are freaking awesome!!!