WR recuiting under Cally-UGH

TMul

I'm not sure you understand the point I was trying to make. I'm saying if hes only going to be around 4 years, what was the point of redshirting him? If hes only going to be here for 4 years, we might as well get him some experience this year since we're losing our top 2 receivers.

Because we can't predict the future - nobody knows if he'll be here for 3 years or 5 years. But if he isn't going to get much done on the field this year, why wouldn't you redshirt him?

I would say just to get him experience for next year since we're losing our top two receivers, Swift & Peterson. He may end up being 1 of our main receiving threats next year so getting him game time experience this year would help for next year.

BTW I'm not trying to say we should pull his RS for the bowl game or anything like that. I'm just saying I think he may end up being here for only 4 years so it wouldve been nice if we couldve gotten him some PT this year

i think we are all forgettting about Khiry Cooper.... he is going to be something special... and we did the right thing by red shirting him... i know this was caused mainly by his baseball ability but he is flat out fast... we will get a glimps of him in action this year on the baseball diamond... and that my folks is one of the few deep threats we will have next year

Maybe this is a dumb question, but if he plays baseball doesn't he lose a year of eligibility? I thought that if you played any sport in a year, you lost that year of eligibility, whether you were on scholarship for that sport or not.

Pretty sure they are handled separately:

Redshirt Definition

The term "redshirt" is used to describe a student-athlete who does not participate in competition in a sport for an entire academic year. If you do not compete in a sport the entire academic year, you have not used a season of competition. For example, if you are a qualifier, and you attend a four-year college your freshman year, and you practice but do not compete against outside competition, you would still have the next four years to play four seasons of competition.

Each student is allowed no more than four seasons of competition per sport. If you were not a qualifier, you may have fewer seasons of competition available to you. You should know that NCAA rules indicate that any competition, regardless of time, during a season counts as one of your seasons of competition in that sport. It does not matter how long you were involved in a particular competition (for example, one play in a football game, one point in a volleyball match); you will be charged with one season of competition.

Not sure it matters. He could go pro baseball after his Junior season and will likely go after his 4th year so I think he won't be in school for 5 years even if he could.

I believe they are handled seperatly as well... I remember a few years back Kristi Woodard from Creighton played 4 years for the basketball team and then when she was finishing her degree she played one year on the volleyball team after she was done with basketball.