Make reservations for Jacksonville

Saunders

"It's one of those deals where because of a technicality in the system, the Gator Bowl can't make it official that Nebraska's going to Jacksonville.

The Gator Bowl has to await until a BCS conference call early tomorrow afternoon and for Nebraska to be released as a team not in the BCS equation.

But after just talking to Gator Bowl president Rick Catlett, it seems no doubt the Huskers are the Gator's choice. The announcement of the Huskers in the game is hoped to come either tomorrow or early Wednesday. The opponent will either be Florida State or Clemson.

“If you’re not excited about what Bo Pelini’s done with that program, you’re not a true Nebraska fan,” said Catlett, who attended NU’s 40-31 win over Colorado on Friday. “We felt it. We saw it. We’re excited about having them there. When we signed up with the Big 12, we wanted to have the ability to bring Texas, Oklahoma and Nebraska to our game. And we’ve gotten it with this game. We’re ecstatic with the possibility to make Nebraska a selection.”

http://journalstar.com/blog/huskers.php?ti...p;tb=1&pb=1

I'd rather play Florida State than Clemson...

Assuming that we win.... Florida State would probably be the better team for us to beat and get the most exposure from. (It would be nice to play and have a chance to not be 0-4 anymore with them in our bowl games as well.)

I'd like to play clemson - I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THE 1982 ORANGE BOWL GAME AND THE BULLS**T HOLDING PENALTIES in the 4th quarter. THE REF'S F**KED US out of the National Title.

Since were on the subject of Ref's screwing us out of a title, how about FSU in 93. I'll never forget a newspaper article (sports writer from the south somewere) that was quoted in the World Hearld. Basically, said that the tourists weren't the only ones screwed in Florida last night, plus, the FBI is still looking for the supposed clip along with Jimmy Hoffa's body. :laughpound Not to mention the FSU fumble before they cross the goal line, that was signalled a touchdown. Oh yeah, and we recovered the ball if memory serves me correct. Anyway, I'm not bitter. :steam:madash

Personaly, I would much rather play FSU. We owe them bigtime. And while were discussing possible matchups, I DO NOT want to play Georgia Tech, man they look good.

I'd like to play clemson - I'M STILL PISSED ABOUT THE 1982 ORANGE BOWL GAME AND THE BULLS**T HOLDING PENALTIES in the 4th quarter. THE REF'S F**KED US out of the National Title.

Since were on the subject of Ref's screwing us out of a title, how about FSU in 93. I'll never forget a newspaper article (sports writer from the south somewere) that was quoted in the World Hearld. Basically, said that the tourists weren't the only ones screwed in Florida last night, plus, the FBI is still looking for the supposed clip along with Jimmy Hoffa's body. :laughpound Not to mention the FSU fumble before they cross the goal line, that was signalled a touchdown. Oh yeah, and we recovered the ball if memory serves me correct. Anyway, I'm not bitter. :steam:madash

Personaly, I would much rather play FSU. We owe them bigtime. And while were discussing possible matchups, I DO NOT want to play Georgia Tech, man they look good.

Yeah there is a poster in a frame at a bar that I go to that has the fumble the ref looking to the side blowing his nose. On the bottom it reads: The final Blow :steam