Bowl Game= Extra Practices...

With the extra month of practice it would be nice to see a guy like Dennard get a chance to show what he can do as a dime back. I know that Hagg is our nickel and that wont change...but maybe when we go to our dime we could get Dennard in a lil...maybe its just be but an extra month of the system should really help him and the other young guys...same goes with Prince, Mendoza (as a slot reciever), Gilleyen....any thoughts???

That is a great point..its almost like another fall camp...i remember reading in an article that the coaches are going to really focus on technique during the practices....

That's good to hear and I really think we'll see the team progress nicely into next season by having this extra time. It's also going to benefit the school from the revenue they receive from the bowl game. :thumbs

i guess that i really like the fact that all but two members from our recruiting class last year are redshirting, i think this extra month of practice or so will really help to develop them more for years to come and i agree with the fact that this extra month will be huge for our quarterback (whoever that may be) next year...i think it will really help provide more quality depth on both sides of the ball overall

hope they play some of the younger guys during the bowl game..they don't have to start but give them some meaningful snaps during the game..i like to see them in there when the game is still on the line..this should give them a boost of confidence and continuation into spring ball...guys i'd like to see more : mendoza, c. brooks, n. paul, w. henry, c. guilleyen

With the extra month of practice it would be nice to see a guy like Dennard get a chance to show what he can do as a dime back. I know that Hagg is our nickel and that wont change...but maybe when we go to our dime we could get Dennard in a lil...maybe its just be but an extra month of the system should really help him and the other young guys...same goes with Prince, Mendoza (as a slot reciever), Gilleyen....any thoughts???

Yeah the extra month of practice is huge, but i wouldnt be looking for any of these guys to crack the starting line up. If they havent done it during the regular season I'm sure they wont for the bowl game. I like your idea for Mendoza at the slot. I put him in at the slot in some formations on NCAA 09, it seems to work really well, he catches pretty decent and is extremely fast. Sometimes i will even get Lucky, Helu, and Mendoza on the field at the same time, defenses dont stand a chance. Not that NCAA 09 is like real life, but it is fun to try guys at different positions just to see what happens.