What if Mizzou wins?

JTrain

If Mizzou beats OU Saturday, they get an automatic berth in the BCS. Texas would then play Bama-UF winner in the NC game. Then the Big 12 Bowls go:

Cotton: Oklahoma

Holiday: Texas Tech

Gator: ???

In this scenario, Oklahoma St. is still available. You have to wonder if this is part of the reason they're waiting until Sunday. Everyone expects OU to blow out Mizzou, but if MU happens to pull the upset, would the Gator consider the Cowboys?

There is no way in hell Missouri beats Oklahoma, they do not have the defense to stop Oklahoma's offense.

Thats people said when KSU played OU in the CCG, there was no way in hell KSU could beat OU and then it happened. Do I think Mizzou will win? Nope. Can they? Yep. Thats why they play the game. As far as the posters original question, if Mizzou wins:

BCS: Mizzou, Tex

Cotton: OU

Holiday: TTech

Gator: NU

Alamo: OSU

There is no way in hell Missouri beats Oklahoma, they do not have the defense to stop Oklahoma's offense.

Thats people said when KSU played OU in the CCG, there was no way in hell KSU could beat OU and then it happened. Do I think Mizzou will win? Nope. Can they? Yep. Thats why they play the game. As far as the posters original question, if Mizzou wins:

BCS: Mizzou, Tex

Cotton: OU

Holiday: TTech

Alamo: OSU

I never said no way KSU beats Oklahoma in 2003. But I will say no way Missouri beats Oklahoma this year. Alabama may beat Florida but no way in hell Missouri beats Oklahoma. Missouri may put up 40 on Oklahoma (Oklahoma's D has not looked so good this year) but Oklahoma will put up 60 on Mizzou.

It doesn't really matter who wins the CCG, either way the Big 12 gets two teams in the BCS. Texas and the winner.

It does matter. Yes, they will have two teams either way, but the scenarios are different. If OU wins...

NC: OU

BCS: Texas

Cotton: Texas Tech

Holiday: Oklahoma State

Alamo: Mizzou

But if Mizzou wins, they're in the BCS and everyone else gets knocked down a notch, or so it would seem. Do we have reason to believe the Gator will pass on Okie St.?

They aren't waiting till Sunday. Husker fans can buy tickets to the gator bowl right now on Huskers.com

From Huskers.com:

Gator Bowl Tickets Available for Husker Fans

The University of Nebraska has announced that fans may begin buying tickets for the Konica Minolta Gator Bowl, the Huskers' likely postseason destination.

I wonder though what happens if you do buy tickets already and NU does not end up playing in the Gator Bowl? And why do they let you purchase tickets when it is just likely that NU will play there?

Gator Bowl Association President Rick Catlett, when asked to compare Nebraska and a potential 9-3 Oklahoma State, Catlett said “I don’t think we’d have a chance to pick Oklahoma State.”

But what if they do have a chance (which they will if Missouri wins)?

I guess we should be rooting for OU Saturday.

We are going to the Gator Bowl. They wouldn't let people buy tickets and then say, "Oh wait, we have a better team over here. Nevermind Nebraska, give us your tickets back." Please. The Gator Bowl has been around for a while. They wouldn't ruin their reputation like that. Nebraska is going to the Gator Bowl even if hell freezes over.

What if Mizzou wins? Human Sacrifice, Dogs and Cats Living together - Mass Hysteria !

Ahhh...such a good movie.