What if Mizzou wins?

JTrain

I don't see why conferences would not want a conference game. It makes a fair amount of money, and the fans enjoy them because NORMALLY they are good matchups (not really the case this year though).

NCAA requires 12 teams in a conference to have a title game. Which, I believe, is partly why we switched from the Big 8 to the Big XII

The Gator Bowl already gave NU their allotment of tickets! Get over the paranoia of thinking it could change. The Gator bowl is not going to give the tickets to NU, tell them they can start selling them and then pick a different team. This is stupid speculation.

Chill out, Dan. Even the NU site says "likely". And just because you can purchase tickets from Huskers.com, does not necessarily mean they've been "given their allotment". They could just be selling them from the same batch as GatorBowl.com is. I agree it is 95% sure, but I also think no one has fully considered the ramifications of a Mizzou victory.

Nebraska did get their allotment of tickets. 12,750 tickets. That is what they are selling out of.

the whole BCS conferences and the mid majors make no sense, but money wise they do, what a heartbreaker for the schools that are considerd D1 to go undeafeted and not have anything to show for it. :angry: It would be cool to see UTAH national champs or Ball State or someone like that. Give the little guys a chance at it!

don't know if they have to win or not anymore, they need to make all conferences play in championship games or none of them. what a mess <_<

That has been my resolution for a playoff since the beginning. Everyone plays in a conference championship and then playoff the conference champions. You dont win you dont play.

We'll be trying to get discount tickets for a space shuttle trip to the moon before they go to a playoff system.

Even though it would be better, it's just not going to happen, not even by Obama mandate.

Question guys.

I thought after Nebraska played Miami in the NC game, the BCS changed the rules to you had to be your conference champion to play in the NC game. If that is correct, then Texas could not play for it. That would really suck, but I swear that was one of the tweaks that was made.

Anyone know for sure? Or where to research it to find out?

Thanks, I would hate to see Texas get screwed again on this deal, but I think that is what would happen.

This is a bit frustrating. You claimed this was the case in another thread, and I said it was untrue, and gave you a link to the official BCS rules. Go back and reread the "Still No Love from BCS" thread. What more do you want?

don't know if they have to win or not anymore, they need to make all conferences play in championship games or none of them. what a mess <_<

That has been my resolution for a playoff since the beginning. Everyone plays in a conference championship and then playoff the conference champions. You dont win you dont play.

We'll be trying to get discount tickets for a space shuttle trip to the moon before they go to a playoff system.

Even though it would be better, it's just not going to happen, not even by Obama mandate.

Save me a seat :cheers Now that ESPN has locked up the BCS for another few years <_< Because the bowl games are so much different then on ABC, no wait Fox, no CBS... oh the h*ll with it :angry:

And for people who think it should be a requirement to be a conference champ, my answer to that is that the conference championship is based on a subset of games (exception being the Big 12 this year, unable to resolve a tie within those games and resorting to the BCS rankings). The BCS championship is based on the entire season. Different criteria can give different results.

Plus, there are conferences that have multiple champions because of no conference championship game, that would put the Big 12 and SEC at a disadvantage having only one team eligible.

Sorry I don't read everyone of these threads. Not many at all honestly. And I do not think I mentioned it on another thread but possible. I did talk with a Texas site and that was their response. But I have not seen the supposed rule.

Just a question, sorry to frustrate you.

And for people who think it should be a requirement to be a conference champ, my answer to that is that the conference championship is based on a subset of games (exception being the Big 12 this year, unable to resolve a tie within those games and resorting to the BCS rankings). The BCS championship is based on the entire season. Different criteria can give different results.

Plus, there are conferences that have multiple champions because of no conference championship game, that would put the Big 12 and SEC at a disadvantage having only one team eligible.

Yeah, sorta, except we all know that they favor the team that loses early and that appears hottest toward the end of the season.

Case in point: OKLAHOMA, surprise! OU lost earlier than TX(even though it was TO TX) and has been rolling up 60+ pts over the last 5 games or so. But who's to say that if the 2 teams played tomorrow that TX wouldn't beat them again? I mean, OU was looking pretty invincible when they went head to head the 1st time.

So, since that's rather blurry, they go to the strength of nonC schedule argument which, in this case, has some validity, but goes contrary to the whole 'who's hot now?' thing. All the while, the head to head victory by TX seems to have been lost in the discussion. They want OU right now, plain and simple. But, IMO, OU shouldn't have jumped TX in the polls last weak.

FL is similar to OU in that they lost early and look real 'sexy' right now. Most people seem to want to see an OU/FL NC matchup. So it will be extremely funny if clunky ol' Bama happens to knock off FL and heavy underdog MO beats OU.

TT would have a similar gripe as TX if they had not been blown out so badly by the Sooners late in the season.

:hookerhorns

Yeah, sorta, except we all know that they favor the team that loses early and that appears hottest toward the end of the season.

Case in point: OKLAHOMA, surprise! OU lost earlier than TX(even though it was TO TX) and has been rolling up 60+ pts over the last 5 games or so. But who's to say that if the 2 teams played tomorrow that TX wouldn't beat them again? I mean, OU was looking pretty invincible when they went head to head the 1st time.

So, since that's rather blurry, they go to the strength of nonC schedule argument which, in this case, has some validity, but goes contrary to the whole 'who's hot now?' thing. All the while, the head to head victory by TX seems to have been lost in the discussion. They want OU right now, plain and simple. But, IMO, OU shouldn't have jumped TX in the polls last weak.

FL is similar to OU in that they lost early and look real 'sexy' right now. Most people seem to want to see an OU/FL NC matchup. So it will be extremely funny if clunky ol' Bama happens to knock off FL and MO OU.

TT would have a similar gripe as TX if they had not been blown out so badly by the Sooners late in the season.

:hookerhorns

I don't know...OU ahead of UT is consistent with the computer average, which doesn't have anything to do with recency...