Suh lands on AP first team

Suh lands on AP first team

OK, maybe you could say the Associated Press righted the Big 12 coaches' wrong.

Nebraska nose tackle Ndamukong Suh was named first-team AP All-Big 12 on Thursday, a day after being named to the coaches' second team.

Husker right guard Matt Slauson was named to the AP's second-team offense, as was Big Red place-kicker Alex Henery.

Lydon Murtha, Nate Swift, Zach Potter and Larry Asante were honorable-mention selections.

Individual winners:

* Offensive player of the year: Colt McCoy, Texas

* Defensive player of the year: Brian Orakpo, Texas

* Offensive newcomer of the year: Robert Griffin, Baylor

* Defensive newcomer of the year: Travis Lewis, Oklahoma

* Coach of the year: Mike Leach, Texas Tech

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/content/gen/a..._Team_List.html

Wait. That can't be right. The AP is the Associated Press. They are 'the media'. And we all know that the media hates us. Right??? Just look at all the threads on this board about how much media is biased against Nebraska.

:sarcasm

(For those of you who don't get it.)

I get it, I get it.

:clap:clap:clap

I guess I take more value in what the conference says. They see and deal with all these players in person. See them in film. Scheme for and against them. A lot of the national AP guys just base their votes off of what numbers are posted, espn tickers and what they hear. They may have never seen a live game.

I guess I take more value in what the conference says. They see and deal with all these players in person. See them in film. Scheme for and against them. A lot of the national AP guys just base their votes off of what numbers are posted, espn tickers and what they hear. They may have never seen a live game.

that is exactly where the bias comes from then, you just hit it on the head, everyone here knows we are not the media darling we once were, but as fans it is dissapointing to read all the negatives about this program, unless you live in Omaha where the media slobbers over the program (which they should) but husker fans outside the realm don't get to hear or see that coverage, except for what they read and hear on espn, SI or "gasp" this message board. So that is why there are probably some upset posts (including mine) when the national media does not look at the season as a good turnaround and an improvement of this program. Notre Dame is not as close as we are and they still get the love for example

I'm pretty sure its the sportswriters in the Big 12 area:

The 2008 Associated Press All-Big 12 team, as selected by a panel of 20 sports writers who regularly cover the league for newspapers throughout the league's seven states.

I'm pretty sure its the sportswriters in the Big 12 area:

The 2008 Associated Press All-Big 12 team, as selected by a panel of 20 sports writers who regularly cover the league for newspapers throughout the league's seven states.

Point taken.

As far as 'hitting the nail' for media hating us....give it a rest Holvy. And I must be getting different 'media' than you, becuase I've heard Notre Dame and Weis getting slaughtered and mocked as of late.