A message from Dr. Tom

Nebraska Athletic Director Tom Osborne encouraged Nebraska fans to purchase tickets from the school’s allotment of 12,750 tickets for the Gator Bowl.

“The seats the Gator Bowl has set aside for the participating schools are in excellent locations, and we want our fans to get a chance to purchase those tickets as soon as possible,” Osborne said. “Our fans have always supported us very well in past bowl games and we hope there will be outstanding support for our matchup with Clemson in the Gator Bowl.”

Tickets may be purchased on-line at Huskers.com or by calling the Nebraska Athletic Ticket Office at 1-800-8-BIG RED. Tickets for the 2009 Konica Minolta Gator Bowl are $50 each. The Nebraska Ticket Office accepts Visa, Mastercard and Discover.

That is a pretty good sized allotment we are reponsible for IMHO. I know there have been ALOT of tickets bought directly from the Gator already.

I've been ripped off at the last minute by Ticketmaster.

NU is selling the tickets for $50 each...the same price as going direct to the Gator.

NU made a comittment we'd sell those tickets and I just wanted to make everyone aware of Dr. Tom's announcement.

Trucker is probably right. But I know KU didn't sell their allocation 4 years ago to the Ft Worth Bowl (easy one day drive each way from KS) and they took a financial hit.

we'll sell them, or we wont. if we dont, i think it falls in the big XII commish lap. i bought my tickets last week where i could get them...the gator bowl website. i set aside time to plan my trip and be done with it, and because of some rule the big 12 has in place, whether its because of the BCS or whatever is regardless, i couldnt do that through our ticket office. i thought it was nice, albeit obviously conceding what they should have been doing all along, that they went ahead (when was it, on wednesday?) and started "unofficially officially" selling tickets.

dont take this as me being bitter, just callin as i see em. that being said, we'll sell them. just like weve kept the sell out streak going on at memorial somehow :dunno

mmmtodd, I DO NOT BLAME ANYONE for buying tickets direct from the Gator before we were given permission to sell through our athletic department was given the 'go ahead' by the Big XII.

I checked out the Gator Bowl site and the tickets start at $50 and the athletic department is also selling them for $50 FINALLY.

GBR