Which two teams should play for the national title?

ABoNewWorld

Which teams?  

32 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

This will be moved from this forum, I am sure..because it has nothing to do with Husker football...but, I voted for OU-Texas. I watched the Florida-Alabama game yesterday and just was not that impressed with Florida. I think if it comes down to OU and Florida (and it will) OU will have another big blowout, but I don't see them putting up 60 points on Florida...

If Texas and OU played again, I think it would be a more competitive game than what OU and Florida will be by far. But I know that those that vote in the polls will not want to rehash the Texas-OU game again, thinking that it has already been settled once.

OU/Florida

and OU will once again lose in the big game, unfortunately

I think OU has way too much talent on both sides of the ball to lose to Florida. I think Alabama is a better team overall than Florida is, even though Florida played a good game yesterday to beat them. I just don't see the talent on Florida like I do OU. But that is why they play the game, and it wouldn't be unheard of to see Florida come up with some sort of plan and get some breaks to beat OU. But if you went strictly by the talent each team has, OU should win something like 42-14. That is my prediction on this game.

I am leaving usc and other out of the question because they have no chance.

As a Sooner fan, there is nothing that would delight me more than to play the Whorns for the National Championship. But I think Florida has earned the shot to play us in the NC, by the rules as they currently stand in the BCS.

Yeah, I know, I know, "it's a crappy system and you Sooners shouldn't have gone to Kansas City last night and blah, blah, blah." The obligatory "Texas should have played Mizzou for the Big 12 Title" commentary is preemptively noted.

However, that's a different argument. Within the framework of the system Florida has earned it, and everyone knew going in at the start of the year what the rules were and that the BCS has big problems.

On a totally unrelated note, bring back the Big 8! :clap

Texas beat Oklahoma on a "neutral" (in Dallas, yeah that's neutral) field

"Neutral HELL, the last time I checked, Dallas was still in Texas." -Barry Switzer

That's what I meant, glad you caught it. And yes, bring back the Big Eight and bring back the end of the college football season on New Years Day!!!!!!!!!!

T_O_B

Texas beat Oklahoma on a "neutral" (in Dallas, yeah that's neutral) field

"Neutral HELL, the last time I checked, Dallas was still in Texas." -Barry Switzer

That's what I meant, glad you caught it. And yes, bring back the Big Eight and bring back the end of the college football season on New Years Day!!!!!!!!!!

T_O_B

Better still, let's play ALL year . We can get by with just a little 3 or 4 week break for spring camp.... :box

I think FL takes OU. Tebow is the big difference, he's like their Tommie Frazier: a GREAT leader.

Plus, I just think Bradford can be rattled pretty easily if the D can penetrate OU's O-line, which FL will be able to do.

FL probably has more overall team speed, they're just as tough and strong. But Tebow is the difference maker. Makes plays passing and running, functions well in adverisity(which Bradford does not).