Bo Pelini to...

Reebsker

Have people forgotten just how tough it was to find a coach after 2003? Didn't Urban Meyer say something like "Why would I want to go there?" And that was before the SS Callahan shipwreck.

Of course Urban Meyer said that. But if you read the quote completely, it wasn't a reflection of the NU program, but the bone headed athletic director. Urban said "Why would I want to go some place that just fired a coach that won 75 percent of his games?"

Urban's question was a fair one.

Any time you fire a coach who bats .750, it's going to be tough to find another.

When everyone in the NFL figured out Jerry Jones's personality, how many hot shot prospects do you see lining up for a chance to coach Dallas, every time he fires someone? Zero. Yet Dallas is the most valuable team in the NFL in terms of market value.

Have people forgotten just how tough it was to find a coach after 2003? Didn't Urban Meyer say something like "Why would I want to go there?" And that was before the SS Callahan shipwreck.

Of course Urban Meyer said that. But if you read the quote completely, it wasn't a reflection of the NU program, but the bone headed athletic director. Urban said "Why would I want to go some place that just fired a coach that won 75 percent of his games?"

Urban's question was a fair one.

Any time you fire a coach who bats .750, it's going to be tough to find another.

Point taken.

I know that TO is no mind reader or anything, but I do think that he is a good judge of charector. I think that if he sensed at all that Bo would bolt he would have never hired him in the first place. I see him here for at least 10 if not longer. JMO. But like someone said earlier Bizarre things do happen and that's life. Oh yeah I am really beginning to like the style that Paul Johnson has brought to the table for GT. They have a really good coach IMO.

So..You're trying to tell me there wasn't an OSU clause in Bo's contract?

Speaking of tTressel..

Do you think his job will be secure if he only wins conference games? Or do you see them continue to mimic the '70's and 80's Husker teams in turning the corner eventually like we did in the 90's?

There's no telling how much you might get homesick..Columbus looks like Omaha/Lincoln but with slightly milder Winters and lots more trees...(If this Global Warming thing works out like I plan, I might even move back home to Nebraska someday).

Ohio State is no step up from Nebraska.

No one is going to bolt from Nebraska to Ohio State and consider it any sort of promotion.

HC of an unranked team to HC of a ranked team that has won multiple conference championships and played for the mnc RECENTLY??

And for WAAAY more money??

not a promotion??

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

no worries - OSU doesn't want bo.

define recent. We did play for the MNC this decade..... that is relatively recent.. if NU played in the big 10, they may have played in it again. NU to OSU IS A LATERAL MOVE whether you would like to admit that or not.

would you say right now that michigan to ball state is a move up? using your logic, it is. an unranked michigan team, to a top 25 ball state team.

yea, thought so.

I thought a read in the op that if bo leaves we should hire tuner gill. I know it is irrelevent but the other night on espn i hear charels barkley calling for auburn to hire tuner i love to see him back in red but i would also like to see him get that promotion to a prominate school.

and for the record tressel isn't going anywhere bo is here for a long time husker fans love him and thus far he has made progress husker fans can wait for an nc as long as there is progress.

Ohio State is no step up from Nebraska.

No one is going to bolt from Nebraska to Ohio State and consider it any sort of promotion.

HC of an unranked team to HC of a ranked team that has won multiple conference championships and played for the mnc RECENTLY??

not a promotion??

:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin:rollin

no worries - OSU doesn't want bo.

define recent. We did play for the MNC this decade..... that is relatively recent.. if NU played in the big 10, they may have played in it again. NU to OSU IS A LATERAL MOVE whether you would like to admit that or not.

would you say right now that michigan to ball state is a move up? using your logic, it is. an unranked michigan team, to a top 25 ball state team.

yea, thought so.

Ball St?? Haven't seen them in the mnc game yet. Maybe I missed something.

Here's what I actually said. Hell, you quoted me right, just didn't read it I guess.

Doesn't meet any of the requirements outlined below let alone the WAAAY more money piece.

not a promotion??

I don't know about you, but if I get a new job for WAAAAY more money, some would call that a step up.

Lets apply my criteria to a test scenario.

you are the HC at Iowa, and you are offerred the HC job at NU. Right now. today.

apply the tests

test one:

coach of an unranked to a ranked one..

fails (although going from a ranked team to a higher ranked team may meet the test requirement, that isn't met in this case either).

test two:

won mutliple conference championships recently. fails.

test three:

played for the mnc recently. passes (it was sorta recently)

test four:

Pays WAAAY more money. fails. Iowa pays more for its hc.

apply these criteria to other schools, some will pass them all, not many.

BTW- That school that we have discussed (re: BO) does indeed pass ALL these tests. ;)

Please devise your own tests that define a "step up" in coaching position.

I'd like to see them.