Article on Lucky

Enhance

To be honest, with the rotation that we had going this year, we should have done him a favor a lot earlier and split him out wide and let him be a wide receiver. I think that would create mismatches in the slot and the guy would just bring attention away from other player. Too late now, just hope that the NFL likes that idea later on.

i say, it is what it is.......Lucky never turned heads like many thought he would, obviously over hyped right out of high school. although it doesn't happen to RB's as much as some other position players. the scouts will question his toughness and inability to break tackles. he may find a home as a special teams guy, but 4th or 5th round will be it.....i wish him the best, but realistically he is simply not an impact player at the next level.

Ganz and Zac did develop very nicely. But look back on the Huskers of the good ol' days. Can we name any guys (specifically Callahan's recruits) that developed significantly in their time as Huskers? The defense was especially rancid thanks to the lack of attention Cally paid towards them. Sure we had guys who played well, but we only had a few people who lived up to any hype. Here is a list of a few people who were extremely hyped and didn't live up to their potential..

Sam Keller

Marlon Lucky

Maurice Purify (he did well, I'll give you guys that, but he didn't make a gigantic impact in 2007)

Corey Mckeon

Those names stand out specifically to me. I think our receivers are the only thing that ever developed well, which is obvious because Pelini retained Ted Gilmore. I guess i'm specifically disappointed in how our defense played over all in the Callahan era.