Big 12 Bowl Gifts

$500..really? thats suprising? i want everyone to think really hard about what these guys have put into this (and what the schools getting out of it) to get a $500 schwag for getting to a bowl before questioning it or acting suprised. you want to be suprised, do a little research on the womens vball team and the perks they get for being a top team. this is making a mountain out of a molehill.

Sony 80-gigabyte PS3 system with game, Fossil watch.

No way is this under $500.

Well you have to assume that they probably bought an excess of 170+ PS3's and watches for everyone involved, and I'm sure buying such large numbers directly from the manufacturers would probably warrant a discount? At any rate, 80g PS3 with game is $500 retail, and there are a majority of Fossil watches that sell right around $100, so it would only have to be a $100 discount collectively. Doesn't seem too farfetched.

Err....... 80 gig PS3 not that expensive anymore.

Right. I was basing my assumptions off the MGS4 bundle for $500 and the Uncharted bundle for $500 (forgot that was a 160g, not 80). But the PS3 by itself retail plus a game seperate is $459 + tax, which makes even more sense. Still, they would need some kind of group discount from either sony or fossil for it to actually be under $500.

I read a story yesterday that said many of the schools bring more than the 125 players the bowls supply gifts for. And in most of those cases the school supplement the gifts so everyone gets one. If that was the case and 150+ of something was bought in bulk I bet they get a discount. Plus it wouldnt surprise me if they put companys against eachother for those systems. "well Sony, Microsoft is offering this if we buy 150 systems, what will you give us"

Just a thought

MP3 sunglasses??

Yeah man, you've never seen them? They're called Oakley thumpz. They're sunglasses that have small headphones attached to the stem that fit in your ear when you wear them. They're pretty sweet. However, I think it can only hold like 1 gig of music, if not less.

Oakley Thump Pro

Pretty sweet if you want to be like...

post-4479-1228919631.jpg

He wears them all the time <_<

MP3 sunglasses??

Yeah man, you've never seen them? They're called Oakley thumpz. They're sunglasses that have small headphones attached to the stem that fit in your ear when you wear them. They're pretty sweet. However, I think it can only hold like 1 gig of music, if not less.

Oakley Thump Pro

Pretty sweet if you want to be like...

post-4479-1228919631.jpg

He wears them all the time <_<

hes got more flair than TGI Fridays employee of the year. i wonder how long it takes him to get out of the house everymorning. :dunno

I wonder if the band gets anything....that might influence my decision on if i want to be in the band next year or not ;)

Actually, a bowl trip may not be a good enough reason to be in the band next year as it is still undecided whether the athletics department is going to take the band to the Gator Bowl. Judging by the article on the decrease in the endowment fund at the university in the LJS today, I can't really blame them although I do hope they take our band so we don't hear just the Clemson fight song all game long.

they better take the band...theyll be a lot of emails and phone calls if our band isnt there, as excited as the fanbase is about this bowl. we want the whole experience again.

The band was told yesterday they would be going. Thanks to Dr Tom and the athletic department for funding the trip. Not real inexpensive to take 300+ people to Jacksonville for 5 days. Long time on a bus but it will be great to hear the band play as we roll up the scores.