Dailey Falls to Fourth String

It appears Zac Taylor is the starter, followed by Beau Davis, Joe Ganz, and Joe Daily has fallen to fourth string.

The incumbent Joe Dailey came into this off-season perhaps the favorite, but come the spring game, the rotation is going to be a lot of new faces for the fans.

Quarterback coach Jay Norvell said that Zac Taylor would be starting the game with the first unit and in the second half, Beau Davis would go with the first unit. After those two, Joe Ganz is the number three quarterback with Dailey coming in at fourth.

Here is the link:

nebraska.scout.com

One of the obvious questions I guess I have is "what happened to Jordan Adams?"

Did I miss something?

Honestly, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to me to have Dailey as the backup, and wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that way. Having a battle-tested backup is a valuable commodity, regardless of what you think about Dailey's prowess. I'll bet Davis and Ganz are only ahead of Dailey to get more reps at this point (presumably starting for a year would have given Dailey all the reps he needs). I guess we'll see.

Oh, and Former Fan... the reason John Blake didn't win is that he's not a very good head coach. He's a brilliant recruiter and an asset as an assistant, which is probably why we hired him in that capacity. As far as your "hall-of-fame" Raiders go, you're comparing apples to oranges there, and you know it.

But nice try with the quotes.

Honestly, it makes a hell of a lot more sense to me to have Dailey as the backup, and wouldn't be surprised if it ended up that way. Having a battle-tested backup is a valuable commodity, regardless of what you think about Dailey's prowess. I'll bet Davis and Ganz are only ahead of Dailey to get more reps at this point (presumably starting for a year would have given Dailey all the reps he needs). I guess we'll see.

Oh, and Former Fan... the reason John Blake didn't win is that he's not a very good head coach. He's a brilliant recruiter and an asset as an assistant, which is probably why we hired him in that capacity. As far as your "hall-of-fame" Raiders go, you're comparing apples to oranges there, and you know it.

Sweet :lol:

Ahhhhh, my triumphant return.

First, Blake is not a good coach, period.

The constant between the Raiders and the Huskers is that cally took 2 very successful teams and turned them into losers. Nuff said.

Gee, I believe I predicted this, with Taylor already being penciled in as starter before he even stepped on campus.

Ganz and Davis couldnt start at UNO or UNK, so for them to be put ahead of JD just shows the bias of this staff. Like I have said many times, JD needs to transfer to a place that he would get a fair shake. He wouldnt have sniffed the field last year if Adams didnt get hurt, and its not because Adams was better.

Different qb, same results :flush

Where would you have him transfer to FF.

Frank would not play him. So he did not fit the QB dive left, right and up the middle offense.

Just what offense did you see him playing at Nebraska.

He is a great kid, but I have said since the first time I saw him play, he was not as good as Lord. I love his attitude and dedication and he will always be a Husker to me. But I agree he should transfer if he wants to play football, but for him to play he needs to drop in competition level, most likely to a Division 2 school. He never had the talent to play at Division 1. He was another recruiting mistake by the former staff. And there were many. Not having a QB on the depth chart that could even run our old offense is amazing to me. Yea this is a bad staff, just keep telling yourself that.

I echo those sentiments skersfan. Dailey wouldn't beat out Masek for a starting position at UNO the way he has played so far. He is a good kid with a good heart, it just seems like he doesn't have what it takes. Too many "deer in the headlights" looks from Joe probably don't give his teammates all that much confidence either. Maybe he can find his way at another position or this drop to fourth string will really stir something up in him.

Where would you have him transfer to FF.

Frank would not play him.  So he did not fit the QB dive left, right and up the middle offense.

Just what offense did you see him playing at Nebraska. 

He is a great kid, but I have said since the first time I saw him play, he was not as good as Lord.  I love his attitude and dedication and he will always be a Husker to me.  But I agree he should transfer if he wants to play football,  but for him to play he needs to drop in competition level, most likely to a Division 2 school.  He never had the talent to play at Division 1.  He was another recruiting mistake by the former staff.  And there were many.  Not having a QB on the depth chart that could even run our old offense is amazing to me.  Yea this is a bad staff, just keep telling yourself that.

His transfer options are interesting, maybe a place like ISU, where they have a system that fits his talents. As far as Ohio, we dont even know what type of O FS will run there, so it would be too early to tell. I did hear speculation that it will be similar to what Cotton was going to install at NU.

As far as him not being a Div I player, thats plain wrong. He had already committed to Syracuse, and was one of the vaunted "4 star" recruits according to a couple of the recruiting gurus.

There are 3 qbs down there that arent Div 1 guys, Ganz, Davis, and Adams.

JD isnt one of them, its not his fault that this staff runs a gimmick offense.

And I dont have to tell myself that this staff is bad, their (dis)respective records tell me all I need to know.

His transfer options are interesting, maybe a place like ISU, where they have a system that fits his talents. As far as Ohio, we dont even know what type of O FS will run there, so it would be too early to tell. I did hear speculation that it will be similar to what Cotton was going to install at NU.

As far as him not being a Div I player, thats plain wrong. He had already committed to Syracuse, and was one of the vaunted "4 star" recruits according to a couple of the recruiting gurus.

There are 3 qbs down there that arent Div 1 guys, Ganz, Davis, and Adams.

JD isnt one of them, its not his fault that this staff runs a gimmick offense.

Dailey would have a hard time beating out Meyer at ISU. He is only a redshirt Soph. and was a 3Star prospect just like Dailey. If Dailey would of went to Syracuse he would probably be in the same boat he is now. I'm pretty sure Robinson will run a Pro-Style offense.