Scott Frost Coaching Northern Iowa

Ohio Pete

• 3 weeks later...

My Man!!

Believe me when I tell you, I was the ONLY Jets fan who had a #47 Jets jersey in September of 98! In fact, I may be the only one who ever got one...

Met him a few times after games, I actually snapped a picture of him at the moment of impact on his first pro tackle, VS the Colts and Keith Elias at the Meadowlands. I subsequently got it blown up to 8x10 and got him to autograph it after a game, when he saw it he immediately said "thats my first tackle", he asked if he could have one too. I gave him the negative at another game.

Cool guy in my book

Man, i was still in middle school when Scott Frost was playing. Ha, that was back in the day when the only reason i was a Husker fan was because my grandpa didnt like them. But i guess after +10 years of that i've become an all out hardcore fan.

I'll never forget his final game against Tennesse during the Orange Bowl.

Speaking about the time Scott Frost played whatever happened to Bobby Newcombe "Big Red Rock".

post-6278-1231107669.jpg

Here is his first pro tackle, vs the Colts and Keith Elias, the former Princeton RB who had a little run in the NFL. I remember when I took the pic I turned to my sister and said "I think I got that!" This was taken with a Cannon EOS rebel, with film, not digital (dont even know if there were digitals then...) If I recall correctly, toward the end of this game he got his first INT as well, against Peyton Manning, who he beat in the Orange Bowl earlier that year.

I got him to autograph this pic that was taken at Tenn after a win down there in '98. He signed it "to the best dressed guy in NY.." because I was wearing his jersey.

Side note, I was not planning on going to the Tenn game that year, but on the thurs or friday prior to the game, the NY Daily News had a little story about Frost and how some of his team mates may be rubbed the wrong way because he has been getting extra leeway from the coaches to learn on the job etc.. So I rounded up my fiance, a brother and sister, and we drove there, no tix/no motel plans, just to be there and show some support to my favorite Jet.

We scalped great tix, they played at Vandy back then right after they moved form Houston, right on top of the field, and met up with him after the game for the pic.