Good morning Huskers...

JMBanjoman

I generally like the fans from the south, but do you all have to say "y'all"? even when writing?

I will say this some of my best times were with LSU fans at Starski's in Omaha before a CWS game. I'd go there between games and the place would be dead until about an hour before the next game.. a few tiger fans came in and after entering and seeing the deadness of the place, one of them yells

WOOO-YEEE this some sort of funeral eear? y'all need to party

It doesn't sound right to say "you" when I'm talking to everybody on this board. And I never say "you all" or "you guys". I could've said "you-ins" :) My writing is MUCH better grammatically than my speaking and "y'all" is one of the few Southern things that I both say and write. Other things I just say - such as "We ain't got a defensive coordinator right now."

That LSU fan was probably some swamp cajun.

I generally like the fans from the south, but do you all have to say "y'all"? even when writing?

I will say this some of my best times were with LSU fans at Starski's in Omaha before a CWS game. I'd go there between games and the place would be dead until about an hour before the next game.. a few tiger fans came in and after entering and seeing the deadness of the place, one of them yells

It doesn't sound right to say "you" when I'm talking to everybody on this board. And I never say "you all" or "you guys". I could've said "you-ins" :) My writing is MUCH better grammatically than my speaking and "y'all" is one of the few Southern things that I both say and write. Other things I just say - such as "We ain't got a defensive coordinator right now."

Dude, I know what you're laying down, I've been away from Nebraska for 20+ years so the Western slang has filtered into my language (dude???? started out here in CA, I guess)

The y'all thing actually is heard when you cross into Rockport Missouri which is only about 80 miles south of Omaha on I-29 (People from NE, do they still sell M-80's there on the 4th?) I'm not a fan of Missouri so the y'all thing kind of reminds me of them and tejans.

Although to be truthful, the Peoples Republic of Boulder is my all time least favorite type of people to be around, so I'm being a little hypicritical with this Y'all thingy.

Y'all have a good time at the game, but not too good.. see y'all there

Having moved from Oklahoma, to Texas, recently, I can tell you, the southern twang tends to rub off on you! I almost used y'all in my previous post, but assumed the Clemson boys would think I'm mocking them! :P

Besides most people say Nebraskans have no accent, but spend some time in the sandhills and you'll run in to a cooter or two!

Welcome to the board...

And pro football is boooooooriiiiiiinggggggggg. What's the rule now, breathing within 5 yds of the QB is a 15 yd penalty?

Word. There is sooo much more excitement , passion, pride, and loyalty in college football. The rivalries are WAAAAYYYY better...the NFL is just too business like. College football>NFL..enough said. :box

Welcome to the board...

And pro football is boooooooriiiiiiinggggggggg. What's the rule now, breathing within 5 yds of the QB is a 15 yd penalty?

Word. There is sooo much more excitement , passion, pride, and loyalty in college football. The rivalries are WAAAAYYYY better...the NFL is just too business like. College football>NFL..enough said. :box

I'm watching the sunday night game right now, and everytime there's a first down, i'm sick of these f'tards doing a little dance...

It's a 1st F'ing down for cryin' out loud...

And right now, a ball was batted away, and the f'tard DB was running down the field waving his arms...

Yeah, i can get into that... :sarcasm

Dude, I know what you're laying down, I've been away from Nebraska for 20+ years so the Western slang has filtered into my language (dude???? started out here in CA, I guess)

The y'all thing actually is heard when you cross into Rockport Missouri which is only about 80 miles south of Omaha on I-29 (People from NE, do they still sell M-80's there on the 4th?) I'm not a fan of Missouri so the y'all thing kind of reminds me of them and tejans.

Although to be truthful, the Peoples Republic of Boulder is my all time least favorite type of people to be around, so I'm being a little hypicritical with this Y'all thingy.

Y'all have a good time at the game, but not too good.. see y'all there

lol, yeah, and bottle rockets. Gotta love the bottle rocket.

Welcome to the board...

:yeah

I couldn't agree more.