Who Redshirts Out Of This Class?????

Big time talent, little time brain.

I know he impressed the heck out of the coaches in camp, but he has some dedication issues.

If he worked to go with his talent he likely cracks the rotation pretty easily next year.

BigWillie, I was enjoying your insight in this thread until this last quote concerning John Leverson. I know this kid personally and you cannot question his brain. He's a tremendously smart kid, both in the classroom and on the field.

If you really know him personally then you know exactly what I am getting at.

What does intelligence have to do with will? I could be a rocket scientist, but if I don't apply my intelligence, what good is it? Kid is intelligent in the fact he knows what to do, but at the same time, he isn't intelligent in the fact he doesn't dedicate himself to the game like he should.

why do people think Green cant make the transition to start next year? look at tyrelle pryor, the NC state qb, baylor qb, there are a ton of freshman qbs...tru freshamn qbs that start...so no reason why he cant

Some true freshman are capable, but that is the exception and definitely not the rule.

I think everyone will take a RS except Bodtmann, Burkhead, Gomes and Kinnie.

this one surprises me a little. is he that good?

I don't see Bodtmann ever amounting to much, so there is absolutely no reason to RS him since that will keep him on a year longer than need be.

There is one kid I would compare him to on our roster, but I won't since he has a cult following around here. :)

Plus, I doubt he even makes it through 4 years to begin with. Kid will likely never see the field (unless on ST) and is already having numerous shoulder problems with the same shoulder. If home sickness doesn't get him, PT will. If PT doesn't get him, then his injuries likely will.

Some true freshman are capable, but that is the exception and definitely not the rule.

I think everyone will take a RS except Bodtmann, Burkhead, Gomes and Kinnie.

this one surprises me a little. is he that good?

Not sure what BW had in mind, but this might reflect on his position, LB, more than his being the 2nd best freshman or anything. He appears to be slightly underrated by some. I think he needs some more time to add a little weight, but he might be pretty good at coverage which some of the other prospects at LB struggle with. He may be able to immediately contribute on special teams as he is very athletic.

No, I just happened to list Bodtmann second because he was the first guy that popped in my hand.

And no, Bodtmann is definitely not under-rated.

I mean, Sean Callahan, the king of sunshine pumping is on a recruiting special for us and the best he could say is Bodtmann will be a backup and every team needs a guy like Bodtmann who knows his role. :lol:

And if you weren't around, HI was the same site who made guys like Jordan Adams, Brock Pasteur, Will Henry, Steve Allen, Robert Rands, Craig Roark, etc., made out to be the guys who would return us to glory. If they cannot even pull the wool over for Bodtmann that alone should tell you alot.

Bi Willie:

Please stop with the public bashing of an 18 year old kid who is not even here yet. He does not, nor does anyone, deserve such slander as you heaped on Bodtman. Back off and show some class.

He is doing nothing more than stating his opinion....

Well now that Ankrah has committed......will he play as a true freshman??...i mean he has a college ready body right now...at 6'4 250....so i could see him playing next year...

If he bulks up a little bit but still keeps his agility I could see him play as a true freshman. He could definitely help out the d-line

Well now that Ankrah has committed......will he play as a true freshman??...i mean he has a college ready body right now...at 6'4 250....so i could see him playing next year...

If he bulks up a little bit but still keeps his agility I could see him play as a true freshman. He could definitely help out the d-line

Are we that thin?? Give this guy a year to lift and prepare and he could be a three year starter.

Ankrah will RS most likely. Gonna be hard for him to crack the rotation with Turner, Allen, Williams, Meredith and even Yancy if he puts his weight back on.

Basically, for the amount of PT he would get, it really would not be worth it to use a season of eligibility. Let him get in the weight room and see how he does. He may even prove to be a DT if he puts on the weight like he probably can.