I think we should play...

master

Texas 4 – Making up 4 games on these guys will be hard unless things change drastically

Oklahoma 7 – see above

Alabama 1 – I think this would be a cool Non-conference foes for the future

Arizona 1 – Mike Stoops vs. Bo Pelini I like but this will probably only happen in a future Holiday Bowl

Arkansas 1 – Cotton Bowl in the future perhaps

Clemson 1 (play in 2009) – this will be even after January 1

Stanford 1 - Yawn

Duke 1 – Yawn Yawn

Georgia tech 1 – I was pulling for this matchup in the Gator Bowl but oh well

Houston 1 – Could have been taken care of but Pederson and the Houston AD blew that one

Michigan 1 – See Alabama

Mississippi 1 – Unless we end up in Shreveport again this would only happen as a Nonconference game. We have a knack for scheduling teams like this from BCS conferences so this may not be out of the realm of possibility

Penn state 1 – See Alabama or Michigan

Purdue 1 – I could see this matchup in the Alamo Bowl

USC 2 – See Texas or OU

Ohio state 2 – National Championship matchup 2011

Syracuse 2 – This is a Nonconference opponent that I could see us scheduling, BCS conference but crappy team

Indiana 2 – Yawn Yawn Yawn

Washington state 2 – Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn

Florida state 4 – Aside from Georgia Tech this was the team next in line that I wanted NU to play in the Gator. Also see Alabama, Michigan, or Penn State

Minnesota 9 – See Purdue but come on this series will never be even because we will never play them that many times

Pittsburgh 9 – See above (aside from the first part)

Some of these series will never be even or in our favor however there is a handful that could end up like the Clemson one where we meet in a bowl game and make things square.

I guess you don't know a F**KING thing about scheduling, but if you come up with the $1,000,000 guarentee to get them and the $300,000 BUYOUT to get them out of their non-conference games that are already scheduled .... by all means HANDLE IT!!!!!!!!

What makes this thread any different then any of the other hypothetical ones on here? People saying who they think should play, I mean come on they don’t have any power of that yet it is common on here. People saying what kind of offense or defense should be ran, once again no say in that but a regular occurrence. What color uniforms the team should wear, last I check nobody has the power to do that but it is brought up at least 2-3 times a year.

Where people think we should be ranked, who should win the Heisman, who should be Team MVP, what bowl we should go to, Helu over Lucky, Witt over Lee over Spano, how to redshirt players, what recruits to get, who should be the coach, what Bo should wear, when to pass out Blackshirts, etc. etc.

My point is there are plenty of things brought up on this board every single day that none of us have any say over or have any real knowledge about, however we still bring them up and discuss them. Does that mean “………… by all means we should HANDLE them”? No it doesn’t. It means this is a message board made for discussing your views and getting other peoples input on the whole ordeal. I for one thought this topic was interesting and something different to think about besides the Clemson game. But that could just be me.

Once again if you don’t like a topic you don’t have to respond to it, you don’t even have to read it. That being said if you do choose to read it and respond we just ask that it is done in a respectful manner.

I guess you don't know a F**KING thing about scheduling, but if you come up with the $1,000,000 guarentee to get them and the $300,000 BUYOUT to get them out of their non-conference games that are already scheduled .... by all means HANDLE IT!!!!!!!!

What makes this thread any different then any of the other hypothetical ones on here? People saying who they think should play, I mean come on they don’t have any power of that yet it is common on here. People saying what kind of offense or defense should be ran, once again no say in that but a regular occurrence. What color uniforms the team should wear, last I check nobody has the power to do that but it is brought up at least 2-3 times a year.

Where people think we should be ranked, who should win the Heisman, who should be Team MVP, what bowl we should go to, Helu over Lucky, Witt over Lee over Spano, how to redshirt players, what recruits to get, who should be the coach, what Bo should wear, when to pass out Blackshirts, etc. etc.

My point is there are plenty of things brought up on this board every single day that none of us have any say over or have any real knowledge about, however we still bring them up and discuss them. Does that mean “………… by all means we should HANDLE them”? No it doesn’t. It means this is a message board made for discussing your views and getting other peoples input on the whole ordeal. I for one thought this topic was interesting and something different to think about besides the Clemson game. But that could just be me.

Once again if you don’t like a topic you don’t have to respond to it, you don’t even have to read it. That being said if you do choose to read it and respond we just ask that it is done in a respectful manner.

Thank you for cleaning this up, for a second there I thought I took a really really wrong turn onto the big red board :bang

I really think that would be a good way to figure out the future schedules with some anyway. :dunno

Texas 4 – Making up 4 games on these guys will be hard unless things change drastically

Oklahoma 7 – see above

Alabama 1 – I think this would be a cool Non-conference foes for the future

Arizona 1 – Mike Stoops vs. Bo Pelini I like but this will probably only happen in a future Holiday Bowl

Arkansas 1 – Cotton Bowl in the future perhaps

Clemson 1 (play in 2009) – this will be even after January 1

Stanford 1 - Yawn

Duke 1 – Yawn Yawn

Georgia tech 1 – I was pulling for this matchup in the Gator Bowl but oh well

Houston 1 – Could have been taken care of but Pederson and the Houston AD blew that one

Michigan 1 – See Alabama

Mississippi 1 – Unless we end up in Shreveport again this would only happen as a Nonconference game. We have a knack for scheduling teams like this from BCS conferences so this may not be out of the realm of possibility

Penn state 1 – See Alabama or Michigan

Purdue 1 – I could see this matchup in the Alamo Bowl

USC 2 – See Texas or OU

Ohio state 2 – National Championship matchup 2011

Syracuse 2 – This is a Nonconference opponent that I could see us scheduling, BCS conference but crappy team

Indiana 2 – Yawn Yawn Yawn

Washington state 2 – Yawn Yawn Yawn Yawn

Florida state 4 – Aside from Georgia Tech this was the team next in line that I wanted NU to play in the Gator. Also see Alabama, Michigan, or Penn State

Minnesota 9 – See Purdue but come on this series will never be even because we will never play them that many times

Pittsburgh 9 – See above (aside from the first part)

Some of these series will never be even or in our favor however there is a handful that could end up like the Clemson one where we meet in a bowl game and make things square.

We musta played Pitt and MN a bunch before 1965 because I don't remember losing to those teams in my lifetime. Same with Wazzou. I don't even remember us playing Purdue.

Alot of the rest were just single bowl losses.

Before I write anything I want to choose my words very carefully. Appears the lack of football every Saturday has created some animosity amongst the posters.

This thread leaves me with the question - are there any teams in a BCS division with winning records over every opponent (seems unlikely)? If not, who would have the fewest number of opponents where they trail in the series?

We musta played Pitt and MN a bunch before 1965 because I don't remember losing to those teams in my lifetime. Same with Wazzou. I don't even remember us playing Purdue.

Played Pitt.... :box

Won in 21' 10-0 (road)

Lost in 27' 21-13 (road) Only other loss this year was a 1 pointer to Misery

Tied in 28' 0-0 (home) a 7-1-1 NU team

Lost in 29' 12-7 (home) this teams only loss, but they had 3 ties. They used to love to tie.

Tied in 30' 0-0 (home)

Lost in 31' 40-0 (road)

Tied in 32' 0-0 (home) 3rd home game in a row that they tied Pitt 0-0, weird. a 7-1-1 team to boot.

Lost in 33' 6-0 (road) Pitt was the only loss this team had...

Lost in 34' 25-6 (home)

Lost in 35' 6-0 (road)

Lost in 36' 19-6 (home)

Lost in 37' 13-7 (road) Pitt was the only loss this team had...

Lost in 38' 19-0 (home)

Won in 39' 14-13 (road) This one point Squeaker was the first NU win in a while, breaking a 12 game winless streak (9 game losing steak)

Won in 40' 9-7 (road)

Lost in 41' 14-7 (home)

Lost in 42' 6-0 (road)

Lost in 53' 14-6 (road)

Lost in 54' 21-7 (home)

Lost in 55' 21-7 (road)

Lost in 57' 34-0 (road)

Won in 58' 14-6 (home)

Won in 04' 24-17 (road) An old rivalry return, but the power had shifted....

Won in 05' 7-6 (home) this 3 game streak is NU's longest, and half of the wins in this 24 games series....

Pitt SINGLEHANDEDLY cost Nebraska 4 undefeated seasons. I found that an interesting fact. You all need more revenge. They used to make Dana Bible all kinds of frustrated.

Before I write anything I want to choose my words very carefully. Appears the lack of football every Saturday has created some animosity amongst the posters.

This thread leaves me with the question - are there any teams in a BCS division with winning records over every opponent (seems unlikely)? If not, who would have the fewest number of opponents where they trail in the series?

You can find series data at http://www.mcubed.net/ncaaf/series/series6.shtml. It hasn't been updated for 2008 yet though.

You'd probably want to sort the first page by clicking on the WIN% column to get the winningest teams up top, since one of the top 5 or 10 is likely to have the fewest # of losing series (though teams that haven't been in D1A too long might have less since they've play way fewer opponents). Then click on the top teams and again click on the WIN% column and scroll to the bottom to see how many series are under .500.

Played Pitt.... :box

Won in 21' 10-0 (road)

Lost in 27' 21-13 (road) Only other loss this year was a 1 pointer to Misery

Tied in 28' 0-0 (home) a 7-1-1 NU team

Lost in 29' 12-7 (home) this teams only loss, but they had 3 ties. They used to love to tie.

Tied in 30' 0-0 (home)

Lost in 31' 40-0 (road)

Tied in 32' 0-0 (home) 3rd home game in a row that they tied Pitt 0-0, weird. a 7-1-1 team to boot.

Lost in 33' 6-0 (road) Pitt was the only loss this team had...

Lost in 34' 25-6 (home)

Lost in 35' 6-0 (road)

Lost in 36' 19-6 (home)

Lost in 37' 13-7 (road) Pitt was the only loss this team had...

Lost in 38' 19-0 (home)

Won in 39' 14-13 (road) This one point Squeaker was the first NU win in a while, breaking a 12 game winless streak (9 game losing steak)

Won in 40' 9-7 (road)

Lost in 41' 14-7 (home)

Lost in 42' 6-0 (road)

Lost in 53' 14-6 (road)

Lost in 54' 21-7 (home)

Lost in 55' 21-7 (road)

Lost in 57' 34-0 (road)

Won in 58' 14-6 (home)

Won in 04' 24-17 (road) An old rivalry return, but the power had shifted....

Won in 05' 7-6 (home) this 3 game streak is NU's longest, and half of the wins in this 24 games series....

Pitt SINGLEHANDEDLY cost Nebraska 4 undefeated seasons. I found that an interesting fact. You all need more revenge. They used to make Dana Bible all kinds of frustrated.

God I'm smart! Born in '59 :horns2

K, now you're really trying to piss people off, especially 'jayhawk' cuz he's gotta research all that shizzle... :angry: