Dailey gone

There have been alot, but its been so long that I can only think of a couple of things that pud has done: 1) offered a job to Nutt, then said that the didnt 2) claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times 3) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years 4)backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program 5) talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

As far as a fan being a fan and backing their team, I agree to some point. See, Im a Cubs fan, but the Cubs suck. I like to watch them, I'll always root for them, but Im not buying their gear, Im not going to their games. Until they produce year in and year out, they suck. I am not going to pour my hard earned money into a subpar product that the front office throws out there because it an insult to me, as a fan.

To settle for that is not being a fan, its being gullible, its being stupid.

1.offered a job to Nutt, then said that he didnt.

And your point is??? This doesnt bother me.

2. claims to have given Pelini and Gill interviews, but only after going through about 8 other candidates, and after bringing callahan in a couple of times.

And your point is??? I dont see any other teams jumping on the chance to hire these guys for a head coaching job. This doesnt bother me.

3.talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, while HIS coach led the team to its first losing seaon in 40 years

Something that FS was bound and determined to do.

This season did bother me but like I said I dont judge after 1 season im better than that.

4.backed out of an agreement with Houston over a game this year, heaping even more shame on the program.

I see that you still believe that. Had nothing to do with the Houston AD dropping the ball? Get real.

This doesnt bother me.

5. talks about not wallowing in mediocrity, but allows Collier to put a sub-standard product on the floor in basketball year after year.

Oh believe me Collier wont be here much longer if he doesnt get results. If Pederson would have fired him you would have been all over him for that.

This doesnt bother me.

We do have one thing in common I am also a cubs fan. I do buy their gear and I have gone to their games. I am a true fan because I stand behind them regardless of wins or losses. You are an insult to these programs that you constantly bitch about. You are not a fan. Since you believe all this crap that you type maybe you should submit your resume and make things better.

Diehard well spoken, When I found out about this board it was awesome then hearing former fans remarks after remarks made me say stuff I shouldnt have my fault I got caught got up in it. Some people dont get it.

• 3 weeks later...

Dailey caps school year, heads home

BY RICH KAIPUST

WORLD-HERALD BUREAU

LINCOLN - Joe Dailey completed his University of Nebraska final exams Tuesday, packed his bags by midweek and today will board a flight home for New Jersey.

Joe Dailey wants to pick a coaching staff with three or more years left on its contract. "We don't want to have another coach Solich episode, you know."

The former Husker quarterback doesn't think he'll take many glances over his shoulder on his way out of Lincoln.

"I've pretty much done all the goodbye things," Dailey said Thursday. "I'm good to go."

Dailey last month announced he was leaving NU after starting all 11 football games last season. He's kept a low profile since, working out at the campus rec center at 6:30 a.m. and concentrating on his schoolwork.

Next week, he'll visit Rutgers and North Carolina to begin his search for another school.

"As long as it's a school that wants a player who brings some experience and leadership and good skills to the table, I don't care which one it is," Dailey said. "I haven't shut the door on any of the schools we've contacted."

Dailey is researching teams' quarterback situations and looking for a spread offense that would put him on the perimeter and in the shotgun. He also wants to pick a coaching staff with three or more years left on its contract.

"We don't want to have another coach Solich episode, you know," Dailey said.

Dailey was recruited to NU by Frank Solich, who was then fired at the end of Dailey's freshman season. Dailey started for Bill Callahan last fall before slipping down the depth chart in spring practice.

Solich is now at Ohio University, another possible destination although Dailey hasn't yet scheduled a visit. His former high school coach, Rich Hansen, said this week that Connecticut likely would be another stop for the native of Freehold, N.J.

Dailey said he has no problem sitting out next fall and preparing for his final two seasons.

"Most people think if you redshirt that it'll be a lackadaisical year," Dailey said. "That's not going to be the case for me. Conditioning, strength, technique - I want to take all those to the next level, so when I have an opportunity to perform I don't have a repeat of 2004."

Dailey said he completed 68 credit hours in two school years. He leaves behind buddies and a steady girlfriend who will remain at NU.

But looks forward to getting back to the East Coast "essence."

"I've had my fair share of being out here in the Midwest," Dailey said. "It's a decent place, but it's a little soft for me."

My question for Dailey is that did he really belive that he was better then the incomming talent? After how he played last year, did he really believe that he was going to start again. This isn;t very captain LEADERSHIP of him, to say things about your coach like that no matter what has happend. Joe had all the opportunities in the world to show that he could get it done and he flat out did not. So for me it's no surprise that he's decided to leave. But once franks recruits are gone I believe this team will be better off. Because we will have guys that want to play for these coaches and that want to flat out just play some football!

EXACTLY, WELL SAID PILLEN!!!

Agreed. Too bad he is burning bridges here. He is a good kid, just can't make it in the WCO. I do wish him luck! :thumbs

Good point Kramer.

If it is harder in the EAST how will he fare there?

Actually it's probab;y going to be easier for him out East because there most of the schools he wants to transfer to aren't "football" schools or that isn't there "primary" sport.

Syracuse - basketball

N. Carolina - basketball

Rutgers - sucks at everything

Ohio - whatever

It's kind of like baseball when you go from the Yankees to the KC Royals, he's going from Nebraska to one of the above.

Good point Kramer.

If it is harder in the EAST how will he fare there?

Actually it's probab;y going to be easier for him out East because there most of the schools he wants to transfer to aren't "football" schools or that isn't there "primary" sport.

Syracuse - basketball

N. Carolina - basketball

Rutgers - sucks at everything

Ohio - whatever

It's kind of like baseball when you go from the Yankees to the KC Royals, he's going from Nebraska to one of the above.

:rollin

Rutgers...sucks at everything...a truer statement has never been made!