Dailey gone

diehard Posted: Apr 17 2005, 01:34 PM

If he transfers it wouldnt bother me one bit. The sooner we get rid of FS players the better.

first off this attitude sucks, everyone hacks on FF for saying things about the current staff but this is total garbage, this is hacking on the largest part of the players. then you posted this

Why should Ross look out? Unlike Daily, Ross can play in this offense

isnt he one of FS's players? anyway so JD is gone, i agree that he didnt fit into either system very well, hope he can find somewhere to be sucessful, but i do agree he could have handled himself better with the media from what i read. im still concerned that it seems like everyone i have read about that is leaving has a really poor attitude, is the team attitude getting better or staying the same? hopefully some of you hometown guys can answer that for me.

Good luck Joe. I just watched the same report Eric did.

Anyone think he will transfer to a D-1 school and sit a year? Or will he go to another division seeking to avoid the year off?

Yea, I think it is stupid for Lord to say anything about it. You haven't been gone that long bud. Let's see how you do at Houston before you can start talking some trash.

If he transfers it wouldnt bother me one bit. The sooner we get rid of FS players the better

first off this attitude sucks, everyone hacks on FF for saying things about the current staff but this is total garbage, this is hacking on the largest part of the players.  then you posted this

isnt he one of FS's players? anyway so JD is gone, i agree that he didnt fit into either system very well, hope he can find somewhere to be sucessful, but i do agree he could have handled himself better with the media from what i read. im still concerned that it seems like everyone i have read about that is leaving has a really poor attitude, is the team attitude getting better or staying the same? hopefully some of you hometown guys can answer that for me.

To me, there have been a mix of kids who leave with an OK attitude and kids who leave bitterly.

Overall is it obviously going to vary on who you talk to and what side of the fence they land on. I hear both sides all the time in bars, passing by, etc. Personally I try to listen more to people who are closer to the program if I am looking good information not just opinion.

I would be really, really surprised to see something happen with Ross with the way he has handled himself in interviews and the year he had last year. He was the heart of the team. He knows it and the staff know it. I hope he becomes a strong leader on the offensive side of the ball.

I would be really, really surprised to see something happen with Ross with the way he has handled himself in interviews and the year he had last year. He was the heart of the team. He knows it and the staff know it. I hope he becomes a strong leader on the offensive side of the ball.

Ross is the Boss. He ain't goin' anywhere. He has the skill and the drive to be a successful running back. Dailey didn't have the skills to be a successful quarterback here and it is becoming painfully apparent(despite stupid conspiracy theories that some factions try to hash up). Hence, why he is leaving. I hope Joe finds a school and a position that fits him. He can hold his head high, he gave it his all and endured a lot of crap.

I do not think Ohio is an alternative. I think he should look at a division 2 shcool. He did not fit Franks offense then and Frank wants a more balance offense at Ohio. He just does not have the skills to run either at this level. I really like him after what he put up with last year. But if he wants to play the game in college he has made the correct decession. I just hope he does not set his sights to high. I see him in an Ivy league school.

the only part of this that stinks is bc's comments about the competition was still wide open and we hate to see him leave........common, who in their right mind is going to believe that crap.......he may have not shown much for skills, but he was damned sure shown the door, and bc and norvell should have the balls to just say so.......i think this behavior shown by bc and his staff will hurt the future recruiting process.......right or wrong that is my opinion of what has taken place

hunter

If he transfers it wouldnt bother me one bit. The sooner we get rid of FS players the better.

first off this attitude sucks, everyone hacks on FF for saying things about the current staff but this is total garbage, this is hacking on the largest part of the players. then you posted this

I have nothing against Daily! I said that because ff cant get over the fact that Solich is gone. HE continually badmouths BC and the players that he recruited.

I said that just to piss ff off. So before you jump my ass pal, maybe you should take some time and read ALL of ffs posts.

It's a shame that its come to this (if it is in fact true)...but I wish Joe Dailey the very best. The reality is that he just didn't blossem into a prototype WCO quarterback. I think that is what we all wished would happen for him, but it didn't. I hope he transfers and finds great success in another program that will be happy to have him and that he can be successful. I like Joe and wish him the best! :thumbs

One thought does come to mind about player dissention in the program. And I only bring this up as a Raider fan (yeah, that's right...the Raiders..lol). Player dissention occurred between the Raiders players and Bill Callahan. In fact, it got ugly. :steam I hope and pray this isn't the same thing beginning to rear its ugly head. I remain supportive of Bill Callahan and the rest of the coaching staff, but I think it's something to keep an eye on...

the only part of this that stinks is bc's comments  about the competition was still wide open and we hate to see him leave........common, who in their right mind is going to believe that crap.......he may have not shown much for skills, but he was damned sure shown the door, and bc and norvell should have the balls to just say so.......i think this behavior shown by bc and his staff will hurt the future recruiting process.......right or wrong that is my opinion of what has taken place

hunter

I agree that in reality, Joe could not compete with Taylor. And really, sometimes I wish the staff would come out and say that he isn't what is needed to run the offense. But you can't do that as a coach. Especially after what Joe decided to do last year. He decided to stick around.

IMO, he wasn't shown the door as much he was/is a victim of kinda crappy circumstances. I mean the kid comes to NU to play one kind of ball and due to circumstances out of his control, he decides to transfer. I think he's a good kid and probably a little bitter about the whole thing.

As far as Callahan and Norvell saying the competition is still open, which I am sure it is, I wouldn't expect them to sit and say "Look kid, you don't have what we need, go away." What kind of coach does that? How do you not ask the kids in your program to compete? The cream rising to the top for some is a vast conspiracy to others.

As far as hurting recruiting, I doubt it. Looking at it just accounting for the fact that he was a captain and is now leaving avoids crucial parts of the whole situation.

One thought does come to mind about player dissention in the program. And I only bring this up as a Raider fan (yeah, that's right...the Raiders..lol). Player dissention occurred between the Raiders players and Bill Callahan. In fact, it got ugly. :steam I hope and pray this isn't the same thing beginning to rear its ugly head. I remain supportive of Bill Callahan and the rest of the coaching staff, but I think it's something to keep an eye on...

Keep and eye on it? It's been happening all post season and happens when coaching changes are made.

Although I will say him transferring is the highest profile player yet to transfer or quit, IMO