Are Husker winter coats even made anymore?

I have a Husker winter coat as well as a Carhartt (as much as I love my Cornhuskers, Carhartts are darn warm!). I believe I got my winter coat at a mall in Omaha when I was out in the promised land for Christmas a couple years back. You might have an easier time going to the company websites (i.e. Starter, etc.) and searching for them there.

At Nebraska Bookstore here in Lincoln there are a couple styles of winter coats. The best sports coats were the starter jackets that pulled over and only zipped up from the middle and up. Then they had the logo on the back and the name across the front, those were bad ass.

I'd try Huskerhounds if your in the omaha area, I think I saw some in there. The good old Starter "bomber" jackets. Funny thing is, I'm also in the hunt for a winter coat. Supposedly my Ecko hoodie "isn't warm enough" according to my wife.

The best coats were Starter brand coats, however they went bankrupt in 99 I believe. Nike sold them to Iconix. Not sure if they still make them or not. I still have mine and love it. Warmest coat I have ever owned.

I also purchased a lighter weight Husker coat from the Bookstore down on campus. You might check there too.

Interestingly enough, while just doing a search for Iconix Brand Group / Starter, I came across a line in an article: "Starter, already in Wal-Marts, will have an expanded re-launch in Wal-Mart in the spring of 2009." I'd say check your local Wal-Mart.

I do appreciate the mods not yet moving this topic and you guys have helped quite a bit. Think I'll check out walmart, sears, and jc penney to see what they have. I like that leather jacket sarge87 posted. just might buy her that and look for a winter coat for her too. My wife should thank you sarge87 because it looks like she might get a jacket and a coat now. haha

Get this and change the W to an N. ;)

Anyway, searched for ncaa parka and came up with that site. Likely they are out of stock of Nebraska stuff but maybe someone else still has those same jackets.

While talking about finishline...get these Husker shows while you are at it. I almost bought them just to say I had them. Just couldn't bring myself to buy them. Maybe later I will.

http://www.finishline.com/store/catalog/pr...ctId=prod628058

At Nebraska Bookstore here in Lincoln there are a couple styles of winter coats. The best sports coats were the starter jackets that pulled over and only zipped up from the middle and up. Then they had the logo on the back and the name across the front, those were bad ass.

I still have one of those!!!

I do appreciate the mods not yet moving this topic and you guys have helped quite a bit. Think I'll check out walmart, sears, and jc penney to see what they have. I like that leather jacket sarge87 posted. just might buy her that and look for a winter coat for her too. My wife should thank you sarge87 because it looks like she might get a jacket and a coat now. haha

Glad I could help. :)

I still have mine from HS kept it in preety good condition except for I have a bad habit of breaking the zippers. I havent seen them like the ones I had in HS. I have also found some of mine in thrift stores. Right now I have a reversible starter jacket, pull over starter jacket, and a soft leather jacket. I havnt really grown since HS just gained around 40 lbs but the one still fit because my parents bought the pull over jacket big.