Should Bo be pissed at his salary?

Ya, you can use and example without having to be condescending. Basically, what your posts said to me was "I make $200,000 a year, but you don't know what that's like, so let me use an example you poor people can understand."

My smart a** response was only in response to other smart a** responses to the original question. And it was only a question, not a statement. Last I checked this is a FORUM.

Its Christmas.. Im in a giving mood so lets get this thread back on track or i will have to nix it.

BB I do get your point, Correct me if I am wrong..

Lets say next season Tressel from Ohio State finds another job or gets fired. BB is wondering weather we are paying Pelini enough to make him want to stay.. Right??

Most everyones counterpoint is that he is a first year head coach and is making what first year coaches make and in time with results he will make as much as his results warrant.. Right??

I see both points. I really dont think that anyone will be coming after Bo unless he starts to produce consistently over time. Which in turn should bring him a hefty raise..

Let the chips fall where they may..

I apologize for calling your thread stupid. If your thinking it, it really not stupid(within reason). I think being a former member of the rival site wore off on me. This board is a much friendlier and better moderated site.

That said, what I objected to was your intonation that a plumber is unintelligent. Enough written.

Regarding your post, I don't know about Bo feeling that he has inadequate salary. I would think that he knew the job, the pay, and his expectations. However, I have to admit that as much as I love Bo as a coach, I wondered if he would be here for long. It was the reason that I supported Turner a little more than Bo. I just have the average fan's knowledge of what goes on and it was my thoughts at the time.

If memory serves me correctly, in the late 80s or early 90s, Tom's salary was an issue because he was not all that highly paid when compared to the other coaches in the big 8. He stayed regardless because he was a process type person- he was driven by the process of coaching boys into young men. I don't really know about Bo, if he is only driven by money then he may leave. But I have a feeling he is driven by challenge, so I can't really guess as to what he will do when he completes the resurrection of this program in about three years.

Merry Christmas

you guys dont' get the point. I make about $200K salary myself in my work. That might seem like stupid money, but it's the market for my certain job. If I was making $100K less than the market and performing well, then yes, I would be pissed.

Big deal. I can turn an easy quarter mil at my career if I wanted to put in the the effort it would take. That's just me, not including any extra trucks I put on the road. But I'm no rookie, I've been at it 25 years. A lot of these other guys have track records in the NFL or other schools that Bo doesn't have yet.

When he's been a head coach for 5 or 10 years I'm sure he'll be making a lot more we can imagine right now. Ya know, I would point out that if Bo was going to get so pissed off over this, maybe he would also have been smart enough to negotiate the bigger contract in the first place. Seems to me he must be satisfied with the deal he has right now. Watch what he gets for a raise and contract extension next after next year. We'll see if you're not complaining that it was too much.

Ya, you can use and example without having to be condescending. Basically, what your posts said to me was "I make $200,000 a year, but you don't know what that's like, so let me use an example you poor people can understand."

My smart a** response was only in response to other smart a** responses to the original question. And it was only a question, not a statement. Last I checked this is a FORUM.

to quote ashock jock radio personallity

"I told you to stop being stupid you moron"