Clemson's Superior Team Speed

teamster

Speed's a big advantage - at times - but I think the size of our WR, Peterson 6 4 215; Swift 6 2 200; Paul 6 1 200, trumps the speed advantage. And it's not like these guys are wearing concrete shoes or anything, they may not be track stars but they're football quick and run great routes. The only area CU's speed concerns me is in their perimeter run game; our corners have to contain and tackle. You can't get outrun by someone who doesn't get by you.

Clempson is right, Alabama has a sick fast defense and a lights out offensive line. Not entirely sure what that has to do with the Gator bowl, but he is right.

Hello Husker fans from a Clemson fan.I just want ya'll to know how much I enjoy this message board. You folks obviously know your football & your disscusions show it. In SC we visit shamcock forums & vice versa & and there is nothing but smack. Again I respect you as fans and the tradition NU has. Good luck all of 2009 except new years day.

Speed's a big advantage - at times - but I think the size of our WR, Peterson 6 4 215; Swift 6 2 200; Paul 6 1 200, trumps the speed advantage. And it's not like these guys are wearing concrete shoes or anything, they may not be track stars but they're football quick and run great routes. The only area CU's speed concerns me is in their perimeter run game; our corners have to contain and tackle. You can't get outrun by someone who doesn't get by you.

Clempson is right, Alabama has a sick fast defense and a lights out offensive line. Not entirely sure what that has to do with the Gator bowl, but he is right.

The size of your WR's won't be as big of an advantage as you think. Our DB's go up against guys like Aaron Kelly (6'6" 190), Brandon Clear (6'5" 210), Xavier Dye (6'5" 205), and Brandon Ford (6'5" 205) every day in practice. I would bet that our DB's are the most talented group you will see all season. And don't let Chris Chancellor fool you. He may be 5'10 170, but he will play with anyone. 3 seasons ago, he was assigned to Georgia Tech's Calvin Johnson for most of the game and limited him to 0 catches....yes that is right, ZERO. I am not at all concerned w/ Nebraska's recievers. Where we sometimes have problems is play action to the tight end or RB's out of the backfield. Don't know much about your TE's but your RB's are very good.

I really do liken this game to when we played Boston College. Nebraska is very similar in alot of ways. The thing that put us in the "W" column against them, is that we came out and played VERY physical. They were the bigger team, but we came out hit them in the mouth...took their best punch and got right back up to hit them again. In the first game against Alabama, we were unable to fight back after they got up early. Again, a Tommy Bowden coached team layed down after seeing that they were not the more physical team.

But back to the topic...please show me what position on the field that Nebraska has a speed advantage. I just can't see it.

As for playing physical, Meet our New Coach Bo Pelini who believes being Physical comes first! :woo

Uh, I bet Helu is faster than any of your D linemen.

As Larry would say "I don't care who you are that's funny right there" :rollin

I really do liken this game to when we played Boston College. Nebraska is very similar in alot of ways. The thing that put us in the "W" column against them, is that we came out and played VERY physical. They were the bigger team, but we came out hit them in the mouth...took their best punch and got right back up to hit them again. In the first game against Alabama, we were unable to fight back after they got up early. Again, a Tommy Bowden coached team layed down after seeing that they were not the more physical team.

But back to the topic...please show me what position on the field that Nebraska has a speed advantage. I just can't see it.

As for playing physical, Meet our New Coach Bo Pelini who believes being Physical comes first! :woo

As Larry would say "I don't care who you are that's funny right there" :rollin

friggin redunkuluz! LOL

I dunno... DaQuan is pretty fast (played running back at his high school and dominated)

Who, this guy?--->1714744.jpeg4501d1214544849-stoner-poetry-come-post-some-pot-leaf.jpg

yea, well maybe, if he rolls up a fattie pregame he may end up running the wrong way and meet Helu simultaneously in the end zone by sheer coinky dink...

say what you want, he rushed for 1200 yards as a senior

Half our D players were running backs in high school...who WASN'T a running back in high school?

The point here IS, that you guys are playing up this speed differential thing WAY too much and apparantly have no clue that we have team speed too. The point has been made repeatedly that SPEED IS NOT EVERYTHING, ya gotta play as a team, ya gotta play smart.

So, if you guys wanna get drunk on the :koolaid2: of your 'speed superiority' that's fine. But if your speed was so great you shoulda won your own conference, right? You shoulda beat Maryland, GT, and Wake, etc. Ha, Nate Swift would be 'slow' by 'ACC Standards'(gosh, he only runs about a 4.6 40), but guess what, he took a punt 90 yds to the house vs?....waiting...VA Tech! Where were all their fast guys when he was running right past them? :rollin

In fact, when was the last time Clemson won the ACC? 1991. From then 'til now, weren't you guys fast all those years too?

I mean no disrespect here, but this is starting to feel like a conversation with Mizzou Fan. Tigers, k, makes sense.

No really, you guys ARE faster, you win the track meet, now put the 'Rock' down and let's see if you can win the game... ;)

If you do, I will tip my hat to your team. :thumbs

:rant

say what you want, he rushed for 1200 yards as a senior

Half our D players were running backs in high school...who WASN'T a running back in high school?

The point here IS, that you guys are playing up this speed differential thing WAY too much and apparantly have no clue that we have team speed too. The point has been made repeatedly that SPEED IS NOT EVERYTHING, ya gotta play as a team, ya gotta play smart.

So, if you guys wanna get drunk on the :koolaid2: of your 'speed superiority' that's fine. But if your speed was so great you shoulda won your own conference, right? You shoulda beat Maryland, GT, and Wake, etc. Ha, Nate Swift would be 'slow' by 'ACC Standards'(gosh, he only runs about a 4.6 40), but guess what, he took a punt 90 yds to the house vs?....waiting...VA Tech! Where were all their fast guys when he was running right past them? :rollin

In fact, when was the last time Clemson won the ACC? 1991. From then 'til now, weren't you guys fast all those years too?

I mean no disrespect here, but this is starting to feel like a conversation with Mizzou Fan. Tigers, k, makes sense.

No really, you guys ARE faster, you win the track meet, now put the 'Rock' down and let's see if you can win the game... ;)

If you do, I will tip my hat to your team. :thumbs

:rant

My original DaQuan comment was meant to be in jest, and I'm sorry that it got blown out of proportion. The fact remains however, that we are a much more talented team than our record shows but we were shackled to an offense that relied heavily on the screen pass and 2-point stance blocking for half of the season.

A few points about some of the losses you pointed out for us. (you'll say I'm making excuses but I'm really trying to create understanding, and help myself cope with our lackluster first half of the season)

MD- we were dominating with our run game in the first half and the idiot coaches decided we were gonna pass the whole 2nd half (tommy bowden has this crazy complex about offenses needing to be balanced)

GT- really close game, CJ Spiller didnt play a down due to an injury in the previous game

Wake- no excuse whatsoever, it was just a horrible game.