Cody Green needs your vote

Snelson sounds exactly like OUR kind of overachiever..

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/6175949.html

Edit:

Looks like Bo is leading in his own little poll.

Poll: High school backs

HIGH SCHOOL POLL

You can pick one of these backs for your football team. Which one do you take?

(Poll closes: Today at 11:59 p.m.)

Bo Snelson (Pasa. Memorial) 51%

Kasey Carrier (Pearland) 2%

Charles Sims (Westbury) 0%

Ossam Cook (Klein Oak) 0%

Travis Carter (Deer Park) 46%

Dominic Wilkins (Klein Forest) 0%

Hasan Lipscomb (Cy Ridge) 0%

Posted by sptjab at November 6, 2008 12:04 PM

Comments

Bo Snelson

Posted by: Bethany Lauersdorf at November 7, 2008 07:59 AM

one of the most respectable backs in the district...would love love love to have him on my team...:]

Posted by: kj at November 7, 2008 08:31 AM

Bo Snelson

Posted by: Susan Pearce at November 7, 2008 09:41 AM

vision, work ethic, good speed and a big heart.........I'll take Bo Snelson.

Posted by: Sam at November 7, 2008 10:38 AM

Bo Snelson any day. He is a very respectable young man with a lot of talent. He is an awesome athelete and student. He has it all.

Posted by: Julie at November 7, 2008 11:39 AM

A fine young man from a fine family. Two beautiful sisters who are good atheletes and excellent students.

Posted by: Larry Dever at November 7, 2008 12:55 PM

Bo is really nice and caring. hes a good friend!

Posted by: Jennifer at November 7, 2008 01:37 PM

Bo has proven that size is not a factor! Bo plays with heart and determination for the love of the game. He is an awesome, brilliant and respectable young man

Posted by: Gloria Galvan at November 7, 2008 03:18 PM

Bo Snelson is a great student from a great school! He is truly a "maverick." He runs ahead of the herd!

Posted by: TE at November 8, 2008 07:27 AM

Bo has been a pleasure to watch perform for many years! A P.M.H.S. football game is always entertaining, but when Bo takes the field, it's ELECTRIC!

Best wishes,

The Wolf Family

Posted by: The Wolf Family at November 10, 2008 09:47 AM

TRAVIS CARTER ALL THE WAY.....

Posted by: Wanda at November 12, 2008 10:28 AM

Bo represents PMHS well, both on and off the field. We are happy to support him and cheer him on - go Mavs!

Posted by: AG at November 12, 2008 11:40 AM

Travis is the better choice. Great kid. A true leader on and off the firld. Deer Park is your clear choice for your running back. Travis Carter the top choice in this area. Snelson comes from good stock and should be listed. He should be recognized as the 2nd best in the area. Travis Carter MAKE NO MISTAKE ABOUT IT , HE IS YOUR MAN

Posted by: Scott at November 12, 2008 12:52 PM

Bo WHO? Travis Carter all the way. Bo ain't got a chance. GO DEER!

Posted by: Megan at November 12, 2008 01:58 PM

Bo WHO? Travis Carter all the way. GO DEER!

Posted by: Megan at November 12, 2008 01:58 PM

Although Bo is a great kid..... and is an excellent ball player.......TRAVIS CARTER is the one to pick..... he has a heart of a CHAMPION. We in Deer Park are very proud of this outstanding young man. He will go far. TRAVIS CARTER is YOUR MAN!!!!!!!!!! GO BIG DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: kramos at November 12, 2008 04:11 PM

TRAVIS CARTER ALL THE WAY.....

We in Deer Park are very proud of this outstanding young man. He will go far. TRAVIS CARTER is YOUR MAN!!!!!!!!!! GO BIG DEER!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cloutman at November 12, 2008 06:02 PM

No one has Bo's spirit and drive!!!!He is a great athelete but even more importantly a great all around young man. GO BO!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: lr at November 12, 2008 08:27 PM

TC or BO what a tough call...any coach would be lucky to have either one of them. I'll say TC by a nose.

Posted by: Deer Fan at November 13, 2008 12:33 AM

Bo Snelson without a doubt!

Travis carter is alright but Bo has it all and any coach would take him on their team anyday

Bo has alot of heart

Posted by: JCV at November 13, 2008 09:40 AM

For sure BO SNELSON!!Travis is a great football player but I don't believe he has the same about of drive and heart as Bo does.

Posted by: Sky at November 13, 2008 09:41 AM

BO SNELSON ALL THE WAY! He rocks !! vote BO

Posted by: elessa at November 13, 2008 09:43 AM

SNELSON ALL THE WAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FORGET TRAVIS

Posted by: pedro at November 13, 2008 09:49 AM

TRAVIS CARTER HAS THE DRIVE, TALENT AND HEART...DEER PARK IS VERY PROUD OF HIM!!!!

Posted by: DPFAN at November 13, 2008 10:03 AM

Bo all the way!!! A very good choice!!! He does rock fo sho!!!!

Posted by: lisa at November 13, 2008 10:17 AM

Man, is this some type of tribute page? The question was who do you think is a better running back, not who is a better person or who has heart.

With that said, and being from DP, I would choose Snelson. He runs hard and angry. Carter is a finesse runner. Now, if Carter would ever get to the point where he doesn't fall down when the first person touches him, he'll be better. Last weeks game against Memorial for example. Carter ran for 290 yards becuase his o-line was opening up major holes for him, he wasn't really getting touched until he was 6-8 yards down the field. When he got there, usually it was one on one with a defender and every time he was taken down. There were a couple of times where guys would just grab him with one hand and he would go down. If he could get through that one guy, these 10-15 yard runs would be 50-60 yard touchdowns. He would have run for 400 if he would run more downhill. Snelson on the other hand, he earns every yard he gets, he runs over and around people, his team overall just isn't as good as DP's. Right now, I'll take Snelson, but if Travis gets to where he makes that last guy miss, it'll be him.

Posted by: strosfaninDP at November 13, 2008 10:47 AM

Bo Snelson all the way.

Posted by: Terri at November 13, 2008 11:58 AM

Numbers dont lie.

TC #22

Carter, all day everday.

No Doubt.

Deer Park!

Posted by: Seandre! at November 13, 2008 04:44 PM

Bo Snelson!!!

Posted by: Steph at November 13, 2008 05:26 PM

TRAVIS CARTER.

BO had to change his damn jersey last year during half time

Posted by: okkk at November 13, 2008 05:47 PM

GOOOOO Bo!! He is an awsome player and he will go far in life. We are so proud of what he has accomplished his years! Goo Mavs :)

Posted by: Tina at November 13, 2008 07:27 PM

Go Bo!

Posted by: Cheryl at November 13, 2008 09:00 PM

If you want heart then Bo it is. If you want the better running back (drive, determination, and a true team player) then it's TRAVIS Carter all the way!!!

Posted by: Sports Mom at November 13, 2008 09:39 PM

Go Bo we are all Pulling for you!!! Wish I could vote I can not find the place to vote. It is very upsetting!!!!!

Posted by: AUnt Marci at November 14, 2008 12:16 AM

Bo Snelson

Posted by: Kasi Hlavaty at November 14, 2008 08:36 AM

Bo Snelsons a great guy, and football player. Sooo Woohoo Go Bo! [Great job this Season]

Posted by: A Side Kick at November 14, 2008 09:04 AM

Bo Snelson no doubt. He's a team player, he's dedicated in school and on the field, and he has more integrity than anyone our age. I'm very proud to have him represent our school! ;)

Posted by: Another SideKick <3 at November 14, 2008 09:05 AM

Bo is the very definition of hard work and heart. He plays the game of football like everyone should, with determination and drive. No one, much less that Travis guy, could compare. Bo is definately the better running back. Go Bo! :] Good job Maverick football, yall have worked hard.

Posted by: PMHS at November 14, 2008 09:06 AM

BO SNELSON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Joey at November 14, 2008 09:07 AM

Its Bo Snelson all the way!

Posted by: Marcus Lozano at November 14, 2008 09:10 AM

Travis Carter ALL THE WAY!!!! He has determination, drive and he gets the job done. NO DOUBT ABOUT IT...TRAVIS CARTER!!!

Posted by: DPFootball at November 14, 2008 09:19 AM

Go Bo!! The Capertons love you!

Posted by: CM at November 14, 2008 09:36 AM

Travis Carter...nuff said.

Posted by: Carrie S at November 14, 2008 09:47 AM

Travis Carter

Posted by: Ginger McLarty at November 14, 2008 09:57 AM

Bo Snelson, we love him. We make long trips to see him play!!!!

Posted by: Ruthie Richardson at November 14, 2008 10:22 AM

GO !1 TRAVIS CARTER!!! DEER PARK ALL THE WAY!!!!

Posted by: LEESA at November 14, 2008 10:53 AM

well of course Snelson was nominated..

his dads the coach!!

Posted by: La Porte Babe! at November 14, 2008 10:55 AM

Travis is the greatest running back of all time. Being out 2 games he has proved himself that he is the BEST!

Posted by: jc at November 14, 2008 11:14 AM

HIS MOM SAYS HE IS THE BEST.

Posted by: AMY at November 14, 2008 11:17 AM

GoBo GoBo GoBo GoBo! :)

Posted by: Secret Admirer at November 14, 2008 12:14 PM

Travis Carter - Deer Park

Posted by: Brenda Mills at November 14, 2008 12:20 PM

BO ALL THE WAY TO STATE BABY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Cody Baker at November 14, 2008 12:59 PM

Travis is the MAN!!!!

Posted by: Fan of #22 at November 14, 2008 01:26 PM

It's not that I am from La Porte, that I would rather have Bo over Travis. It's the fact that Bo has insane drive and vision. Just think what he would do with one of the bigger OL's around this area. Then realize that there is not a team in Texas that would not have put the ball in his hands as much as Pasadena Memorial did. Every week he goes into a game with everyone knowing that he is 90 percent of their offense. They key on him and he still puts up huge numbers. Has anyone else put 200 yards on North Shore in the past 5 years? Good luck to Pasadena Memorial Saturday and I hope to see him playing on Saturdays for the next few years.

Posted by: Ricky at November 14, 2008 01:43 PM

Bo Snelson...IS an all around athlete,with drive, determination, character,and plays with 110% effort all the time... and has more talent than you can shake a stick at...it is fun and so impresive to watch him on the field. Thanks BO for all of the great plays you have made: and for all of times you have made us proud to be Mavericks with your sportsmanship and your athleticism. Cannot wait to watch you in the playsoffs! GO MAVS!!!

Posted by: Stephanie McClain at November 14, 2008 02:16 PM

~~~~TRAVIS CARTER #1~~~~

Posted by: DP#1 at November 14, 2008 03:03 PM

He has more heart, drive, determination and love for this game. He had a broken shoulder through the summer and re-injured it during the season causing him to miss 2 games. Even though we went through all this he STILL put up numbers that put over half the running backs in 5-A to shame. If you want heart, then Travis Carter your guy. If you want dedication, team player, team leader and some one to give you 150% every time he has the ball, then TRAVIS CARTER is your guy!

TRAVIS CARTER ALL THE WAY!!!!

Posted by: Justin at November 14, 2008 03:15 PM

I HAVE READ ALL THE COMMENT 0N TRAVIS TODAY.I WANT TO THANK ALL OF YOU FOR THE WONDERFUL COMMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN SAID ABOUT MY SON.DEER PARK FANS YOU HAVE MADE ME PROUD!

GO DEER!!!!!

Posted by: # 22's mom at November 14, 2008 04:13 PM

BO is RAW!!!TRAVIS CARTER ain't got NOTHING!!!has Travis Carter made it past the first round of the PLAY-OFFS?

Posted by: jtorres at November 14, 2008 04:34 PM

Bo has the biggest heart of any player I have ever seen. He gives it his all on every play. His acrobatic moves are unbelievable. He can make tacklers miss because of his quickness and speed and he will knock the snot out of you if you get in front of him. If he had an offensive line and if he played his normal position of tailback this year his stats would have been even more impressive. Go Bo, you are number one on the field and off. I look forward to following your career in college.

Posted by: Richard at November 14, 2008 08:15 PM

Carter is awesome when he has the ball. No stopping him.

Posted by: Cindy at November 14, 2008 09:14 PM

Bo is the best. The other people are wasting their time.

Posted by: BE Ellison at November 14, 2008 10:24 PM

Any high school athlete that is looking for any kind of future with their sport is always in it for "the game." They all play with the biggest heart, strongest drive, and highest determination they have. None of these backs are lesser than the rest because of where they play, or who their parents are. If you look at the actual plays, there are two things to look at: the yardage, and how the back got those yards. With Carrier, and Carter (who are the only others fro the list I have watched), 80 - 90% of their yards can be credited to the OL and the holes they creat for the backs. Snelson, on the other hand, has to fight through the blocks that are NOT there to get his numbers. I don't think the totals are near as important as how they are earned. Snelson has an unbelievable ability to power through defenders, and drag them along, or make them miss to get his yards. While I would be honored to have any of these three on a field for me, I would pick Snelson over the others. The possibilities for him are limitless if he were surrounded by the right team (OL).

Posted by: KJ at November 14, 2008 11:12 PM

here it is plain and simple...both of these guys are great runners...they both have great attributes about them but if i was in a huge ball game and needed a 1st down them i would have to take bo ive watched this kid for a few years and hes proven himself time and time again.

Posted by: dp alum 06 at November 15, 2008 03:17 PM

who are you kidding....look who memorial gets to play in the playoffs!!!! It is a joke!! Going into the playoffs with all those losses and you get an easy team. Doesn't seem fair to me! Lets see them play Northshore. Memorial would be in the same boat that DP is in. DP played a great game on Friday. They gave it everything they had. Give me a break. There is no comparison. If Bo came to DP, he would not be playing the entire game like he does at Memorial. DP has more that one player that has talent. Unfortunately Memorial only has Bo! Travis Carter all the way!

Posted by: rukidding at November 15, 2008 08:23 PM

travis carter

times 6

Posted by: amanda enriquez at November 15, 2008 09:48 PM

travis! go deer park

who won dp and pms? isnt that enough proof?

or should i give the score :] i wont be that cruel

TRAVIS HAS IT IN THE BAG NO MATTER WHAT THAT STUPID POLL SAYS!

Posted by: regan at November 15, 2008 09:54 PM

Someone from Chron.com must be from Pasadena because the tally scores are different on every page. On the front page, DP is ahead. But on the results page, Pasa. is ahead. Someone needs to get it done and do it fairly. Grow up already. Plus,when Bo started getting behind, they upped the date on when voting would end.

Its sad that Bo has to win because some immature parent had to cheat. This is what will make Travis the obvious and true winner.

Winners never cheat and cheaters never win!

Posted by: One of many who notice. at November 16, 2008 09:57 AM

travis carter has my vote from soho bo snelson gets to run the ball more because of the lack of running backs at pasadena memorial and his father is the coach.

put travis carter and bo snelson to play for the same team and then talk to me.

no doubt carter is better because he is showing his talent without help from his father the coach

Posted by: felipe gallegos sr. at November 16, 2008 08:47 PM

Niether but them againts a good defense and they fizzle.....see North Shore for both!

Posted by: LD1B at November 17, 2008 01:34 PM

Without a doubt...Bo Snelson!

Travis is just too weak!

Posted by: thebone79 at November 17, 2008 03:30 PM

T. Carter all the baby... who is bo snelson anyway? Oh yeah thats the coaches boy. No wonder he's even in the vote..... Rock on Carter.... Vanilla Gorillas

Posted by: C Robb at November 17, 2008 04:04 PM

MY NIECE GOES TO DEER PARK HIGH SCHOOL.

I'VE BEEN TO SOME GAMES.

TRAVIS CARTER IS DEFFINATELY THE BEST CHOICE.

I MYSELF PLAY BASEBALL,

BUT IF I WERE TO CHOOSE A FOOTBALL TEAM,

IT WOULD BE DPHS FOOTBALL BECAUSE OF THE GREAT

TEAMWORK AND DEDICATION TRAVIS CARTER (AND THE

REST OF THE TEAM) PUT ON THE AND OFF THE FIELD.

Posted by: CARLOS LEE at November 17, 2008 10:46 PM

Are you kidding me!??

If Bo went to Deer Park

Tavis would be on the bench

all game! (or waterboy) haha

YOUU KNOWWW!!!!!!

hahaha you know I'm right!

Posted by: Mr.Mav at November 18, 2008 09:19 PM

Bo snelson is 100 times better hands down...Bo snelson is the only reason Memorial won a single game this season..DP won games with a sophmore Runningback...

Posted by: Chris at November 19, 2008 10:20 AM

Is this for real??? Neither one of these are correct. Ossam cook of klein oak is a freak! i'd take him over any back bar none.

Posted by: blake at November 20, 2008 12:55 PM

Must be from Pasadena...now that Bo is ahead you cant even vote anymore and the polls are not closed!!

Posted by: DP Parent at November 20, 2008 02:37 PM

HAHAHA, I voted and saw the results. Damn.

No wonder these surveys come with the "non-scientific" disclaimer. They aren't, of course, but maybe they should come with a "might be heavily influenced by droves of Husker fans who don't know a thing about any of these other players but want to see their boy Cody Green shine on the grand stage of a random newspaper's opinion poll."

Nevertheless, very impressive...