Predict the scores for the 2009 schedule

JTrain

FAU - Only reason this gam eis close is you are starting an inexperienced QB... and maybe not then evenW 31-13

Arkansas St. - Nope, not close, despite new QB. W 34-10

@ Virginia Tech - New QB, Road game in Blacksburg, you guys probably lose... L 14-24

ULL - well, maybe the offense will kick in by here a little moreW 27-10

@ Missouri - I think Mizzou just has too many holes to fill, but it hould be a good game, could see it goign either way... W 23-20

Texas Tech - Well, I like your chances.... W 31-28

Iowa State - Not so close, sorry CyW 38-13

@ Baylor - Toss up game, I gonna give it to Baylor, but could go either way. I gave you guys MU and Tech, so I guess I need to balance out L 28-24

Oklahoma - Uh.... no. L 45-17

@ Kansas - Did not plan it this way, but if it fell out this way, 2 loss streak into Lawrence, you lost in last 2 trips, we are gonna be good this year, sorry boys... L 38-28

Kansas St. - They are still gonna be pretty mediocre W 35-14

@ Colorado - This could go either way too, I know I say that a lot, but i have to give it to CU at home in a squeaker... L 23-21

I have 7-5. I could verymuch see 8-4 too though, if I had to make a second pick, I would go with that. If your QB is awesome, well, then I am gonna be wrong...

I don't understand why people think we are going to lose to VT.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would think VT could beat us. I mean, a team with a returning starter at QB (who is 13-2 in his career) coming off a season where they won the ACC championship game and a BCS bowl game by a combined 31 points. Not to mention the fact that they're 30-4 at Lane in the past five years and we're bringing in a first-year starter at QB with almost no game experience. Oh, and they beat us last year in Lincoln.

Let's be honest, FAU has a better shot at beating us.

:sarcasm

well let's really look at it that returning qb you speak of isn't that great he only completes 57 percent which is average at best and alot of his balls can be picked. and as far as being the acc champs well they won it because they are the best(maybe) and that says nothing.(it's like being miss trailer trash) and they beat UC so lets not pretend that's like beating usc or florida.

"it's like being miss trailer trash"...

Winning the ACC still makes the Hokie nation proud. Not only do you insult me as a football fan and a Hokie, but also fine programs like Miami, Clemson, and FSU - programs that have a long tradition of dominating college football. As with any conference, the ACC has probably not been where it could be for the last few years, but we still take pride in our teams and the sport we love! I am also certain that most Huskers would congratulate Cincy on their fine season last year.

Having been to Lincoln last year (I go to every away game no matter where) I never met a single Husker fan that insulted us, before or after the game. Even after we "stole" a win we had people come up to us to thank us for coming to Memorial Stadium.

As for our QB - he has developed quickly and don't forget that he was a true soph when he was in Lincoln last year. He has only started 15 games and has had to carry an extremely young offense. Although I would not compare our team to USC or Florida, we have put together 5 consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins. Not too bad for someone from the trailer-park! I look forward to seeing the Huskers again this fall - in fact, it is probably the game I look the most forward to because our trip to Lincoln made me a "closet" Husker fan, and I will dismiss your comments as a little too much excitement during the off-season.

Hokieluv, most Husker fans don't act like this guy. The ACC was extremely competitive last year. Tyrod has been a great qb. I'd take a qb with a great winning percentage over a qb with a great completion percentage any day. He gets it done!

I know you were joking but most of us know you didn't "steal" a win in Lincoln. You came in and won. You did it the VaTech way . . . with solid, smash mouth football.

As much as it hurts us to say it, VaTech has been a better program of late than Nebraska. Thanks for your classy posts.

well i do speak for myself and let face it the acc does sucks which makes ten win possible. and tyrod is no great qb far from it. oh and when one team repeats costly mistake after costly mistake then it's safe to say they lost it not the other team won it. so we will see what tyrod gots.

Yeah, I can't imagine why anyone would think VT could beat us. I mean, a team with a returning starter at QB (who is 13-2 in his career) coming off a season where they won the ACC championship game and a BCS bowl game by a combined 31 points. Not to mention the fact that they're 30-4 at Lane in the past five years and we're bringing in a first-year starter at QB with almost no game experience. Oh, and they beat us last year in Lincoln.

well let's really look at it that returning qb you speak of isn't that great he only completes 57 percent which is average at best and alot of his balls can be picked. and as far as being the acc champs well they won it because they are the best(maybe) and that says nothing.(it's like being miss trailer trash) and they beat UC so lets not pretend that's like beating usc or florida.

Winning the ACC still makes the Hokie nation proud. Not only do you insult me as a football fan and a Hokie, but also fine programs like Miami, Clemson, and FSU - programs that have a long tradition of dominating college football. As with any conference, the ACC has probably not been where it could be for the last few years, but we still take pride in our teams and the sport we love! I am also certain that most Huskers would congratulate Cincy on their fine season last year.

Having been to Lincoln last year (I go to every away game no matter where) I never met a single Husker fan that insulted us, before or after the game. Even after we "stole" a win we had people come up to us to thank us for coming to Memorial Stadium.

As for our QB - he has developed quickly and don't forget that he was a true soph when he was in Lincoln last year. He has only started 15 games and has had to carry an extremely young offense. Although I would not compare our team to USC or Florida, we have put together 5 consecutive seasons with at least 10 wins. Not too bad for someone from the trailer-park! I look forward to seeing the Huskers again this fall - in fact, it is probably the game I look the most forward to because our trip to Lincoln made me a "closet" Husker fan, and I will dismiss your comments as a little too much excitement during the off-season.

Here's my take on VaTech and the ACC.

VaTech is probably the best team just above FSU, but let's not get started on saying the ACC is a great conference. Their a good conference, but out of all of them they are probably fourth best. And we're not insulting football programs on here, we're just having fun conversations and banter as a way to make it through the off season. Insulting VaTech or Clemson is something we wouldn't do/shouldn't do, but Husker fans don't like Miami or FSU, so in that sense we don't really care if we insult them or not. Also, and not to take away from what VaTech did last year, but their BCS bowl game was probably the least interesting of them all against a slightly overrated Cincinnati team.

VaTech played a good season last year, and I'm sure they will be better this year like we will be, but Huskers fans should remember this: we only lost by five points and because of a couple of blowhead personal fouls (one being on our coach, and we all know Suh wasn't out of bounds when he made that hit. :box Had our defense been like it was when we finished the season, we would have walked away from that game victors.

Both teams are close in comparison, so neither team is going to dominate the other team. It will be a close game like last year.

not saying were going to blow them out or anything like that but ganz threw a pick 6 right to harris so that in itself makes it a different out come. and all acc games are competitive but that's cause their all as good as each other at the top that's why no teams finished with less then 3 losses. 10-4 get middle of the pack in the big 12 and the sec,but in the acc it equals conference champs. so tell me what that says.

Here's my take on VaTech and the ACC.

VaTech is probably the best team just above FSU, but let's not get started on saying the ACC is a great conference. Their a good conference, but out of all of them they are probably fourth best. And we're not insulting football programs on here, we're just having fun conversations and banter as a way to make it through the off season. Insulting VaTech or Clemson is something we wouldn't do/shouldn't do, but Husker fans don't like Miami or FSU, so in that sense we don't really care if we insult them or not. Also, and not to take away from what VaTech did last year, but their BCS bowl game was probably the least interesting of them all against a slightly overrated Cincinnati team.

VaTech played a good season last year, and I'm sure they will be better this year like we will be, but Huskers fans should remember this: we only lost by five points and because of a couple of blowhead personal fouls (one being on our coach, and we all know Suh wasn't out of bounds when he made that hit. :box Had our defense been like it was when we finished the season, we would have walked away from that game victors.

Both teams are close in comparison, so neither team is going to dominate the other team. It will be a close game like last year.

So saying that winning the ACC is like being "Miss Trailer Trash" is not meant as an insult?

not saying were going to blow them out or anything like that but ganz threw a pick 6 right to harris so that in itself makes it a different out come. and all acc games are competitive but that's cause their all as good as each other at the top that's why no teams finished with less then 3 losses. 10-4 get middle of the pack in the big 12 and the sec,but in the acc it equals conference champs. so tell me what that says.

So do turnovers not count or what? Not sure what you are trying to get at there. We can throw coulda woulda shouldas out there all day, but the point is VaTech beat us at home. We made mistakes. VaTech made fewer mistakes. That's what Frank Beamer coached teams do... they play solid football and force the team they are playing to play solid as well. (I'd bet 50% of the teams that VaTech beat last year are saying the same thing: "They didn't beat us...we beat ourselves." Bottom line....VaTech won.)

And finally, the ACC had more in conference losses because they are a top to bottom more competitive conference. I see them as the exact opposite of the Pac-10. Rather than one great team dominating, most ACC teams can play competitively. I don't know how them not having doormats the likes of KSU or ISU (sorry guys, just talking historically) is a sign that the ACC is weak. Quite the opposite actually.

So do turnovers not count or what? Not sure what you are trying to get at there. We can throw coulda woulda shouldas out there all day, but the point is VaTech beat us at home. We made mistakes. VaTech made fewer mistakes. That's what Frank Beamer coached teams do... they play solid football and force the team they are playing to play solid as well. (I'd bet 50% of the teams that VaTech beat last year are saying the same thing: "They didn't beat us...we beat ourselves." Bottom line....VaTech won.)

And finally, the ACC had more in conference losses because they are a top to bottom more competitive conference. I see them as the exact opposite of the Pac-10. Rather than one great team dominating, most ACC teams can play competitively. I don't know how them not having doormats the likes of KSU or ISU (sorry guys, just talking historically) is a sign that the ACC is weak. Quite the opposite actually.

Well Husker-friends. I'm off to our spring-game. 80 degrees and sunny. Beautiful day for football. Will let you all know how we look.

Florida Atlantic: W 55-10

Arkansas St: W 49-13

@ Va. Tech: W 17-10

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 45-10

@ Missouri: L 28-17

Texas Tech: W 42-28

Iowa State: W 35-14

@ Baylor: W 45-24

Oklahoma: L 35-45

@ Kansas: W 42-21

Kansas State: W 42-10

@ Colorado: W 35-24

Big XII Champ. Texas: L 24-17

Bowl Game?

10-3

Interesting . . . you think that at Missouri will be a more difficult game than at VaTech? What makes you think that? Just curious...

Florida Atlantic: W 55-10

Arkansas St: W 49-13

@ Va. Tech: W 17-10

Louisiana-Lafayette: W 45-10

@ Missouri: L 28-17

Texas Tech: W 42-28

Iowa State: W 35-14

@ Baylor: W 45-24

Oklahoma: L 35-45

@ Kansas: W 42-21

Kansas State: W 42-10

@ Colorado: W 35-24

Big XII Champ. Texas: L 24-17

Bowl Game?

10-3

Interesting . . . you think that at Missouri will be a more difficult game than at VaTech? What makes you think that? Just curious...

Again, I think the Huskers can beat us in Blacksburg, but looking at IBleedHuskerRed's predictions I am surprised that he thinks that Arkansas State and Iowa State will score more points on NU (13 and 14) than what we can do at home in Lane Stadium (10). According to him we will score the same amount of points on NU at home as FAU and UL Lafayette will score on you guys in Lincoln.

He's probably assuming that the points from Arkansas State and Iowa State will come in garbage time when our backups are in. I could see VaTech and NU slugging it out like that for four quarters, especially with our WR situation being what it is.

:yeah The one chance we had at having a shut out last year got ruined by our backups in the New Mexico State game.

So saying that winning the ACC is like being "Miss Trailer Trash" is not meant as an insult?

No, I'm sure it was, but like I said this is a message board and most of what is said on here is done just for fun and to fire people up. It's not necessarily meant to be rude, but somebody just speaking their opinion. Just take it with a grain of salt, because I'm sure people on VaTech boards are saying harsh things about Nebraska as well. All fun and games :nutz

He's probably assuming that the points from Arkansas State and Iowa State will come in garbage time when our backups are in. I could see VaTech and NU slugging it out like that for four quarters, especially with our WR situation being what it is.

:yeah The one chance we had at having a shut out last year got ruined by our backups in the New Mexico State game.

No, I'm sure it was, but like I said this is a message board and most of what is said on here is done just for fun and to fire people up. It's not necessarily meant to be rude, but somebody just speaking their opinion. Just take it with a grain of salt, because I'm sure people on VaTech boards are saying harsh things about Nebraska as well. All fun and games :nutz

Enhance89, HaHa... We have thick skin here in Hokie-land, and believe me, we are nowhere near as classy as the Husker fans.... In fact, as much as I look forward to having you all come to Lane, I am pretty sure we won't be as "friendly" as you all were to us. I am just giving you all a hard time for calling us Miss Trailer Trash. I am on lots of message boards, and unfortunately most of our fans are busy being obnoxious with the Bama fans and our conference rivals so we haven't been too busy with the Huskers... I am just excited about seeing the Huskers rise again. I was an undergrad at a Big 12 school (doing my PhD at VT), so I really want you to dethrone OU and UT... Sooner than later (no pun intended)!!!

As for our spring-game. Tyrod looked great. 180+ yards passing (16-33) with 1 TD and 0 INT. Didn't rush much. But the big news was the play of redshirt frosh RB Williams with 150+ yards rushing/receptions. RB Evans did not play, and I think we are in good shape with the Evans/Williams backfield. WRs were great - all sophs this year. Special teams were horrible.... Missed PAT and FG, but mostly due to poor snaps.

Got some extra tix for the fall so I will keep an eye on the Husker fan that gives us the least crap and there may be a ticket available.... Haha