Will this hurt Nebraska next year?

glm09

Seems like a journeyman to me. Not to worried about this hire. Good to see he's close to home now, I guess. :dunno

Yeah, a ton of experince, but some of those schools he was only there for a year or two. Also, in all those years of coaching, he has never coached in any major bowl games. The fat man sure does lose alot of coaches. This guy is replacing a guy who just took a job for their hated rival, K-State..ouch.

Seems like a journeyman to me. Not to worried about this hire. Good to see he's close to home now, I guess. :dunno

Yeah, a ton of experince, but some of those schools he was only there for a year or two. Also, in all those years of coaching, he has never coached in any major bowl games. The fat man sure does lose alot of coaches. This guy is replacing a guy who just took a job for their hated rival, K-State..ouch.

Don't anyone or our resident KU posters on here ever tell me that Mangino is NOT a win at all cost kind of coach-he IS exactly that. No I am not going off of the Kevin Young thing either. Personal experience this past year pertaining to a would be starter for the Hawks and the player was mandated that he was taking his academic side of the equation to far and needed to focus MUCH more on football. Don't let the fat man with the smile/mustache get you.

Don't know if this hire will help them, but Mangino was screwed when B. Young left for the U. Young was the brains and the brawn for the KU D.

Don't anyone or our resident KU posters on here ever tell me that Mangino is NOT a win at all cost kind of coach-he IS exactly that. No I am not going off of the Kevin Young thing either. Personal experience this past year pertaining to a would be starter for the Hawks and the player was mandated that he was taking his academic side of the equation to far and needed to focus MUCH more on football. Don't let the fat man with the smile/mustache get you.

Don't know if this hire will help them, but Mangino was screwed when B. Young left for the U. Young was the brains and the brawn for the KU D.

Name me one major D1 college coach who isn't a win at all costs coach. If you don't win and win now, you get fired. Of course Mangino is a win at all cost coach, but so are about 100 or so other HC's.