Wow. Total Disrespect.

I still feel beat down and emotionally traumatized from 8 years of those guys. Obama's such a welcome change!

How bout we let him be in office for over a month before we start talking about the 'change' he's made. Everything seems the same to me so far.

And whenever you wanna exit stage left, show yourself the door.

spoken like a true conservative....yea, i better not get into political smack....

You can hear some of the chanting

towards the end of the video..

Bush Booed and Jeered during Inaugural pre-Introduction

8KvX8YHzMLQ&feature

As far as Bush representing me.. :dunno

I guess there's not much any of us can do to prevent that from happening in the eyes of others.

But really..He doesn't represent me any more than the hecklers in that crowd do.

To me, GWB was one of those people that you didn't want to learn any more about..

Because you just knew It would just piss you off more.

(Probably very true of all politicians).

You can hear some of the chanting

towards the end of the video..

Bush Booed and Jeered during Inaugural pre-Introduction

8KvX8YHzMLQ&feature

As far as Bush representing me.. :dunno

I guess there's not much any of us can do to prevent that from happening in the eyes of others.

But really..He doesn't represent me any more than the hecklers in that crowd do.

To me, GWB was one of those people that you didn't want to learn any more about..

Because you just knew It would just piss you off more.

(Probably very true of all politicians).

Those must be fighting words :box

No just kidding but anyway this thread should be locked or moved to the woodshed :cop:

Gotta love that free speech...I'm sure all those who chanted have fought to earn that right, or done something substantial to earn it. :sarcasm

I have a really good idea and that's why it pisses me off so.

Come on you two, you know better than that. You wear/wore the uniform to allow this to happen. You don't have to like it, in fact you can dispise it. That doesn't mean that someone has to serve to "earn" the right to free speech. Public demonstrations are an integral part of the fabric of this nation, a right that every person born here gets. It is a beautiful thing, that because of the efforts of our predessesors we enjoy a better life today. It makes the sacrifices that those who served or are serving that more important. If you want to go the route of saying that everyone needs to serve, then we need to institute mandatory service. I know some are for it, but we have been there and done that and it didn't work. All volunteer Armed Forces are an important part of the recipe for success.

Ok, I will admit that I am biased and do feel that everyone should serve thier country. That's an argument for another day/post. As for serving to "earn" your right to free speech, I did add a little extra after that saying done something substantial to earn it. It's nice to be born in this country and be granted the rights that we are, but they didn't come free, and they don't in ANY other country. You don't have to join the military, but how many people do something to benefit/advance thier country/state/county/city? Very few do. Imagine how much better we would be as a whole if this was the case. That was what I was aiming for.

As for our predessesors, they used that free speech to get the ball rolling on things such as racial and feminine inequality, not to jeer at someone they didn't like. That's like going to any game and talking trash to a player that made a mistake. Get your butt out there and do that job, then see how it feels. It's a high pressure job, and nobody likes a hoodlum monday morning quarterback.

:clap:clap:clap

I agree with everything you say AH, well except for the mandatory service part, but the statement still stands that the Freedom is still a given right in this Country. It is incumbent upon us to set the example for others and use the negative examples, such as those this article mentions, to help raise future generations to help ensure we mold contributors and not detractors. Whose fault is it that the populace today has an entitlement personality, we are paying the mistakes for become lackadasical as a society as a whole in developing the contributors. If you get a chance, read the book, "The World Is Flat." I said it previously, maybe this rough spot will awaken a large portion of the populace to get off of their heels and go out and earn and contribute vs. living in the American Idol/Entitled frame of mind.

Actually your opinion that Freedom is a given right the biggest comment of entitlement I've read in years. But then I'm only basing that on working undercover for the NSA for 25 years making sure that people are free and that freedom rings.

You may think Freedom is a right. I know it's not. It's a privilege that doesn't come cheap or without its ills. But please don't confuse it with it being a right.

Gotta love that free speech...I'm sure all those who chanted have fought to earn that right, or done something substantial to earn it. :sarcasm

Come on you two, you know better than that. You wear/wore the uniform to allow this to happen. You don't have to like it, in fact you can dispise it. That doesn't mean that someone has to serve to "earn" the right to free speech. Public demonstrations are an integral part of the fabric of this nation, a right that every person born here gets. It is a beautiful thing, that because of the efforts of our predessesors we enjoy a better life today. It makes the sacrifices that those who served or are serving that more important. If you want to go the route of saying that everyone needs to serve, then we need to institute mandatory service. I know some are for it, but we have been there and done that and it didn't work. All volunteer Armed Forces are an important part of the recipe for success.

Ok, I will admit that I am biased and do feel that everyone should serve thier country. That's an argument for another day/post. As for serving to "earn" your right to free speech, I did add a little extra after that saying done something substantial to earn it. It's nice to be born in this country and be granted the rights that we are, but they didn't come free, and they don't in ANY other country. You don't have to join the military, but how many people do something to benefit/advance thier country/state/county/city? Very few do. Imagine how much better we would be as a whole if this was the case. That was what I was aiming for.

As for our predessesors, they used that free speech to get the ball rolling on things such as racial and feminine inequality, not to jeer at someone they didn't like. That's like going to any game and talking trash to a player that made a mistake. Get your butt out there and do that job, then see how it feels. It's a high pressure job, and nobody likes a hoodlum monday morning quarterback.

I agree with everything you say AH, well except for the mandatory service part, but the statement still stands that the Freedom is still a given right in this Country. It is incumbent upon us to set the example for others and use the negative examples, such as those this article mentions, to help raise future generations to help ensure we mold contributors and not detractors. Whose fault is it that the populace today has an entitlement personality, we are paying the mistakes for become lackadasical as a society as a whole in developing the contributors. If you get a chance, read the book, "The World Is Flat." I said it previously, maybe this rough spot will awaken a large portion of the populace to get off of their heels and go out and earn and contribute vs. living in the American Idol/Entitled frame of mind.

Actually your opinion that Freedom is a given right the biggest comment of entitlement I've read in years. But then I'm only basing that on working undercover for the NSA for 25 years making sure that people are free and that freedom rings.

You may think Freedom is a right. I know it's not. It's a privilege that doesn't come cheap or without its ills. But please don't confuse it with it being a right.

Well I guess then my time in the service doesn't count towards my understanding of whether or not Freedom is a right or not. :sarcasm

Well I guess then my time in the service doesn't count towards my understanding of whether or not Freedom is a right or not. :sarcasm

Unless you fought.....no, it doesn't. And if you did, you need to reevaluate several things.